Author Topic: USS - Perpetuity  (Read 32387 times)

Offline Blaze

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
Re: USS - Perpetuity
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 08:31:04 AM »
Cool video guys, loved MehMet's packer wallride to grind! Daffy shown me that spot a while back, great to finally see it done. Enjoyed most of the stunts, despite there being many old spots. The editing was nice, but I feel like there's room for improvement with the pacing and angles. I liked this, but Revenant is still my favourite USS video :D.

Now for something else. I want to stress that I'm not sure about this, owing to the fact that I haven't stunted VC in many years, so please don't take any disrespect if I'm wrong, but I have to ask, is Blaze's finisher modded?

http://gfycat.com/GrouchyDefiniteBovine

Tank bumps tend to give you sharp increases in height, and gradually slow down about 50% through the air, but Blaze's bump gradually increases in height, and sharply slows down about 75% through the air, near the apex of the building. The rotation speed is also quite slow in relation to most tank bumps, especially when they give you this much height. When you view the raw clip, it looks like the bike floats up pretty quickly and then suddenly slows down near the edge of the building. Vertical velocity normally peaks around half way through a bump, but in this stunt, vertical velocity peaks near the top of the building, and drastically caps off, despite having such a high level of acceleration beforehand. Got to say I have serious doubts about this stunt, but good job if it's clean, because I haven't stunted VC recently enough to be 100% confident about this :).

As someone who's been stunting longer than me I'm sure I don't need to explain the volatility and variation of bumps in particular tank ones; one bump you may get a crazy rotation off it and the next will be straight vertical depending on the angle you hit it. Bringing math into it to describe the physics of the game is hard when stunting is literally going against the physics of the game and your experience with bumps will differ to mine being that the execution of the stunt will differ wildly based on the location/vehicle/stunter. I spent about two days straight on it when I was planning to release a 10 year anniversary solo but I ended up using my stuff for this vid, ask Promagic or Rust as I'm pretty sure I was talking to both of them when I was going full fucking retard over bailing it and then eventually landing it. I'd even sent the clip around to quite a few people both new school and OG's and you're the first to throw a mod accusation at it (no disrespect taken though but if I was going to mod it I wouldn't spend two days straight, about 20 cups of coffee and giving myself carpal tunnel landin the fuckin thing :P).

Here's a few clips of some close ones that are on my yt account, they have more rotation to them than the landed one but as I mentioned earlier the difference from one bump to another is vast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5izgu0pl4Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Un9x_4Svg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Qjh9qLdiY

Maybe the raw clip of it makes it look a little suspicious because of the angle or w/e so here's the .rep for you to play back to your hearts content

https://www.sendspace.com/file/djwwyt

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 08:44:20 AM »
Definitely looks cleaner in the replay. I'm not as keyed in to Vice City's physics as I was a few years ago, but I felt the need to highlight this to the Vice City stunters who are still active in case something fishy's going on. Great job if it's legit, I just have my doubts, and it's better to state them than pretend they don't exist, for the sake of those who know better :P.

EDIT: Looked at the replay again today, seems pretty clean. Removed my post, GJ on landing it! :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:00:34 PM by VaNilla »

Offline Raskal

• Furniture Cadet
  • Board Mods
  • I like stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 09:10:45 AM »
I'm going to get stoned and drunk and write a heartfelt review of this later  :ajaja:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:12:23 PM by Raskal »

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »
its definitely not uncommon to get these sudden boosts while hitting a rhino

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 10:02:16 AM »

Xtramus - Bump to Stoppie to Ledgegrind: Cool stunt, but isn't it old? I have a feeling like Cooper did it.. Anyway

i landed it in 2013 in "the end complete"

nice video

ccgod
I'm sorry, luli, really forgot it.. But i was right that this stunt is old. :P

Offline Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 10:25:03 AM »
Congratulations to David for pulling this off, I finally get to see what you have been working so hard on.

To be honest, I thought I would see something very different to what I am seeing, or at least something a bit more energetic. I have the need to point out that the camera angles were not beneficial to the type of edit you produced and neither were the color corrections (and there are none as my eyes can see). It quite looks like you recorded everything, chose the best-looking angles, put them all in a timeline and played a song in the background.

On the good side, I like the clean and 'relaxed' side of the video (even if it could have been improved) and every stunt. And to you, David, good finisher! Props for landing!

I may get into detail later.  :P

Offline pasha

• LLS Crew
  • I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
really great to see raskal doing work again :D that blaze guy not sure why he is in this classic crew but his stupid stunts ruined the feeling a bit, keep going guys ! :euro:

xtramus u landed daffy bugged stunt without bug ??

Offline Feuer

• LLS Crew
  • † LLS / BASED MARKUS
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 12:04:16 PM »
aside from the oldies and a few "stunts" it was pretty nice, loved drizzly and raskals stuff

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 01:12:41 PM »
 ;D

Offline Blaze

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »
;D

I just totally had a flashback to having a convo with you in 08 about how you google'd your mousepad and there was a photo you'd taken of it on there. Atleast I think it was you if not totally disregard that.

really great to see raskal doing work again :D that blaze guy not sure why he is in this classic crew but his stupid stunts ruined the feeling a bit, keep going guys ! :euro:

Offline mehmet

• MEMEETH
  • Veteran Member
  • Pönda
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GTASMehMet
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2016, 02:03:12 PM »

Classic as in, hes been here like 3 years longer than me ?

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2016, 02:40:20 PM »
Blaze and Mehmet owned this video! So many slick stunts across the both of them  :a-cheer: hard to pick a favourite---that taxi flipness was awesome, but I guess that Mehmet's wallride to grind was beyond competition, amazing. It's also great to see Raskal again, that backbump2prec in LC was awesome!

The colours/timecyc/etc of the game were great, and the soundtrack choices were beautiful. Contrary to what some may think, I feel that no more than two stunts were diminished by the use of cinematic cameras---often it worked quite well!

Feels great to see such a classic style video from a classic crew in 2016. 9/10 from me.

Offline DriZzly

• Veteran Member
  • Tak-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »
great job every1 :wub:
my fav stunt was Xtramus jumping off the bike into the gap, why is no1 talking bout that one ;D

also thanks for the nice comments people !

Offline waNEr

• ok
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2016, 05:15:53 PM »

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

Ignore pasha's post
hide pasha's post
key to happiness

Offline pasha

• LLS Crew
  • I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 12:33:10 AM »
land good stunt before u talk ^^

Classic as in, hes been here like 3 years longer than me ?

?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 12:40:26 AM by pashaBiceps »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal