Author Topic: Azurex - Typhoon  (Read 8091 times)

Offline GINSENGXXX

• Dakar
  • xD
    • View Profile
Re: Azurex - Typhoon
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »
EMN drops as hell
Review later

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 03:18:47 AM »
Expected a lot less from the editing, which I thought was pretty cool overall. TGM and RA helped a lot with that  :cheernutz:

On the stunting side there were many many oldies, standouts were the grab2prec, the backwards natbump near the V-rock sign, the police bump to that same sign and the finisher (which I landed upsidedown three times  :lol:). Also liked that you drove up to the little prec  :P

Great video for a first.

Offline Shingetsu

• The Dark Matter
  • Veteran Member
  • Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 04:20:09 AM »
TGM and RA helped a lot with that 
TGM ? RA ? what do you mean ?
stupid question , i figured it out myself  :lol: :lol:

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 07:22:47 AM »
Editing wise the first half of the video was really hard to watch, for me anyway. It felt like more of a Call of Duty montage as opposed to a stunt video. Try and cut down on the effects and cutting between clips; it's cool that you know how to edit and create visual fx but it's not suitable for stunting; the editing should be used to, at the most emphasize the stunts and make the viewer focus on them, whereas with this I felt the editing distracted from the stunts alot.

Stunt wise however, for a first crew video that was pretty sick. Solid stunts all around, my personal favourites were the Voodoo precision from the top of the mansion, the grab to precision and the finisher which I'd been trying :( I think there were a few old ones in there such as the krail to grind at the car shop (I think it was done in a TMS video?) but either way it was still an impressive debut and I hope to see more from you guys!

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »
Hell did I watch?

If you want to edit fast paced - high air stunts, you should probably stick to editing SA vids. Very few of the stunts benefit from this kind of editing, and when they didn't, it looked like a really mediocre stunt being way too hyped. It was good for a first video, but it felt like an endless stream of random shakes and someone tumbling around on a bike. None of them had any real impact because they were pushed aside for the sake of tempo.

Offline Raining

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 01:31:48 PM »
What an awful video. This wasn't even a stunt video, but video where someone shows off his editing skills. Nice job, but you failed in the most important part when it comes to stunting videos: the actual stunts. There were moments when you weren't able to tell where the stunt starts, where it ends and what happens between them.

I had to edit my post, because I commented only editing, not actual stunts. Dipper's police bumb to VRock sign was awesome. Actually it's quite funny to see, that he might be even the first one who knows how to use that method in VC. What I can recall, I have seen it quite rarely. Then there were some stunts, which didn't feel like stunt, eg Shingetsu's ramp thing. Still this was really decent video. I wish you happy times with GTA.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:36:30 PM by Raining »

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 04:47:54 PM »
I had to edit my post, because I commented only editing, not actual stunts. Dipper's police bumb to VRock sign was awesome. Actually it's quite funny to see, that he might be even the first one who knows how to use that method in VC. What I can recall, I have seen it quite rarely. Then there were some stunts, which didn't feel like stunt, eg Shingetsu's ramp thing. Still this was really decent video. I wish you happy times with GTA.
Rarely? People did it non-stop a few years ago. It's a cheap way to get air and potentially land a building, and call it a stunt. If you do actually aim for something, like he probably did, it's impressive.

Offline Raining

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 02:30:43 AM »
Well that's the reason then. If they were aimless random stunts, then I'm not suprised that it is so hard to remember any of them.

Offline Dipper

• Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 04:51:46 AM »
hello all stunter ! I was Dipper really thank everyone for your compliments ! The true thanks! ( I have used Google Translate to translate ) ~~ :L  <_<

Offline J.Mario

• No TV No Radio
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 07:49:39 AM »
Though I watch this video for about 3 months, I really wanna comment this.
   yeh although I love the song "Can't Kill Us" by The Glitch Mob, I think the song is not suitable to be used in the stunts main part of the whole video because it's too much voice like electronic and mix. But your editing is fit with it, I very enjoy the effects. :jajaja: 

At last I just wanted to say is about the old stunts. Maybe the old stunts are not novel but I really enjoyed your editing. Crazy editing makes old stunts become prominent  ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:58:47 AM by J.Mario »

Offline Shingetsu

• The Dark Matter
  • Veteran Member
  • Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 05:22:23 PM »
Though I watch this video for about 3 months, I really wanna comment this.
   yeh although I love the song "Can't Kill Us" by The Glitch Mob, I think the song is not suitable to be used in the stunts main part of the whole video because it's too much voice like electronic and mix. But your editing is fit with it, I very enjoy the effects. :jajaja: 

At last I just wanted to say is about the old stunts. Maybe the old stunts are not novel but I really enjoyed your editing. Crazy editing makes old stunts become prominent  ;)
Thank you
btw Happy Lunar New Year

Offline GodRa6420

• Tất cả đều là bạn bè !!!! :lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 08:06:01 AM »
Very Well

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 08:27:17 AM »
am i the only one who finds dipper's? dropbump 2 hospital amazing? the vrock landing was amazing. editing was okay but showing the stunts more clearly would much better

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2015, 09:02:08 AM »
am i the only one who finds dipper's? dropbump 2 hospital amazing? the vrock landing was amazing. editing was okay but showing the stunts more clearly would much better
No, it was pretty cool really. A natural vertical dropbump? Kinda rare thing, just lovely.  :a-cheer:

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 05:56:16 PM »
I've watched the video. I've not read anyone else's comments so not sure if it's been brought up, but while it's clear the editor is very skilled, for a stunt video it was too much at times, especially for that first song. I feel for the second part of the video, it was a more relaxed editing which meant people could appreciate the stunts better, but this kind of superb editing should be used for things such as montages so it doesn't take away anything from the stunts which took time to be performed.

It feels like you opened up the editing software, thought to yourself "Which effects should I use?" and answered "ALL OF THEM!" lol. You're clearly very good at editing, and the stunts too were enjoyable. But in my opinion there's more to editing than using the effects available to sync up with a song. The best edited videos, for me at least, are able to somehow capture an atmosphere with the videos, the perfect song and the perfect stunts to compliment it, edited in a way which the best stunts are shown to the viewer, with appropriate effects and filters etc, at the best moments in the song to bring everything together. For me some of my favourite stunt videos weren't about the stunts but because of how the whole video made me feel watching it. I think a good example of this is 'Miss This', which is a very old VC video that was made before San Andreas came out - and I feel the atmosphere of that video was that the people in the video were genuinely going to miss stunting in VC since the general thoughts at the time were that San Andreas would be the new playground for stunters. The video had the right song, the right tempo and it built up to a good finish. A more recent example would be 'Lagoon', which is always a joy to watch.

Good luck to the crew, and thanks for sharing the video. Very well-edited (but too much of a good thing), some very nice stunts and I look forward to seeing more from yous.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal