Author Topic: METRO 2033 - Free !  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
Re: METRO 2033 - Free !
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 06:59:37 AM »
The requirements for this game are even higher than the ones you'll need in 2014. :ninja: The graphics are great in a way that you can't really say, but do tell me how it runs on your setup.

I don't really know what to think of the graphics. At places it looks awesome while it doesn't too much at others, but overall it is decent. With default clock speeds I'm able to run it maxed out (+ advanced PhysX option) with quite varying, but playable FPS (around 20-50). The CPU load is at 30-40%, RAM usage at 15-20%, but the GPU load is always at 100% while VRAM usage is just 1,2/2 GB.

For the lulz I've then clocked the CPU and GPU up to 4,7 and 1,5 Ghz + set fan usages to 90%, then it ran better. The temperatures were still quite fine, but the voltages seemed scary, so I went back to defaults.

I really haven't played much yet, just played around with the visuals and some tools. Gameplay wise it seems quite okay so far.

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 07:37:08 AM »
I think the graphics has met several needs of compromising. Lighting is beautiful in this game but textures and animations are at times horrible. Although the game has several beautiful things, graphically, it still lacks overall, I think.

I definitely prefer Cryengine 3 (atleast in Crysis 2, Crysis was horribly optimized) since it feels a lot snappier and more "whole" if you get my point.

Completely offtopic, really, but I have to give the Borderlands 2 engine cred. I've reached about level 30 and haven't had a single bug, lag, framerate-drop or crash. Everything has been really fluid while looking great aswell.

Has anyone here read the book Metro 2033 before playing the game? If yes, how well do you think the game met with the atmosphere of the book? I personally see it as a hit and miss mostly. Some parts represent it really great but there are also parts that feel like it's just there to make it more of a game and less of a book. In the book there would be a one page fight and a 10 page description of a certain phenomenon while the game is the opposite. It's understandable but sometimes ruins the real immersion of the desperation and solitude that the book gave. Anyway, enough of me rambling.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 08:34:19 AM »
I think the graphics has met several needs of compromising. Lighting is beautiful in this game but textures and animations are at times horrible. Although the game has several beautiful things, graphically, it still lacks overall, I think.

I definitely prefer Cryengine 3 (atleast in Crysis 2, Crysis was horribly optimized) since it feels a lot snappier and more "whole" if you get my point.

Completely offtopic, really, but I have to give the Borderlands 2 engine cred. I've reached about level 30 and haven't had a single bug, lag, framerate-drop or crash. Everything has been really fluid while looking great aswell.

Has anyone here read the book Metro 2033 before playing the game? If yes, how well do you think the game met with the atmosphere of the book? I personally see it as a hit and miss mostly. Some parts represent it really great but there are also parts that feel like it's just there to make it more of a game and less of a book. In the book there would be a one page fight and a 10 page description of a certain phenomenon while the game is the opposite. It's understandable but sometimes ruins the real immersion of the desperation and solitude that the book gave. Anyway, enough of me rambling.
got both Metro 2033 and Metro 2034 a year ago, still haven't finished any of them, I'm at like the 1/3 of 2033. I'm not really into reading.

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 10:21:19 AM »
How fucking difficult can it be to do something so simple like install a game?...

Its installed and downloaded on steam now but when I press play...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal