Author Topic: Max - Vigilante  (Read 7764 times)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Max - Vigilante
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2021, 03:27:26 AM »
That was awesome!

It was eye-opening to see the full potential of what the tank has to offer, and it definitely makes me wanna play around in it more. All of the stunts were absolutely top-notch! I very much enjoyed all those natural island/water gaps, especially those where the stunt kept on going after the gap, which was a wonderful surprise!

The editing was spot-on too, a well-crafted intro script, music choices that fit really well, and lovely camera work throughout. It was so cool seeing those shared-angle transitions, the time-of-day work too (both it changing throughout stunts and the use of day/night swaps at sync points), and the 'multi ball'-style compilation shots (complete with moving camera!) - which made for a delightful outro (with a perfect song choice to go along with it).

Outstanding work Max, I loved every minute of it!
(and that turret LOD fix is sweet too!)

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2021, 04:14:03 AM »
HOLY SHIT that was one killer video. Congratz on 'conquering' so many roofs that normal P2Bs coudn't even reach.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2021, 08:56:44 AM »
I have been waiting for a solo like this for years now! It was sensational, as others have earlier mentioned, it felt like every stunt could have been finisher. Those huge bigairs just kept coming and they were all good. I was very happy that you landed natural stunts as well, not just p2bs, so those are my favs instantly. Still, just to name some, these were the best for me:
opener
5:05 (so stylish and effortlessly landed)
6:03 (this one reminded me of a great infy stunt in SA with that vehicle movement in the air)
6:16 (nice height-distance ratio)
6:31 (and all other watergaps basically)
6:50 (amazing double bump, reminded me of infy SA stunting as well)
8:50 (this one was so complex, I could not see where the stunt will end)
9:03 (another watergap with powerful bump, great distance)
9:46 (my fav watergap, this one was totally unexpected, I couldn't see where you were going, never believed you would reach the other side of the water + you managed to turn up the tank from being upside down)
finisher (amazing distance AND height)
Also it was good to see your painful bails at the end of the video, made me realize your dedication to land the roofs properly, with the thank NOT being upside down. Knowing how annoying it is to slow down that tank (especially on tiny roofs), hats off for managing this as well.
The intro and the editing created a whole video in my eyes, and this 13 minutes passed by so easily. Thank you for the experience, I hope there is more to come in tank stunting  :a-cheer:

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2021, 10:32:02 AM »
Dude this was such an enjoyable watch. Everything is perfect...it feels like an experience. You are amazing :)

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2021, 06:47:39 PM »
Top notch video, i thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. The stunts were all bangers, majority of the time i had no idea what's coming despite having plenty of time to think given the nature of rhino runups, that just shows the stuff you landed was nothing like what's been done before. That massive water gap in the second part... the stunt combined with the build-up leading to it and the chorus kicking in as you hit the bump was the most amusing thing i've seen in a video in years. Appreciate the effort you put in the outro too, I've always liked the idea of using bails in the outro and you don't see that in many videos anymore so that was a real treat.

Offline wviMis

• Modus Operandi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2021, 10:23:12 PM »
Turbo,Zero,AllBeast,Max.......

I found out that this year everyone was Barney

Offline Conatus

• Brassica oleracea var. botrytis
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2021, 03:41:47 AM »
Lovely video, all stunts were amazing and the editing was awesome. Your cam angles are perfect!

I've a question about your 4K render, do you use native resolution or you use DSR/VSR for the 3840*2160 in game?

Offline Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2021, 05:24:50 AM »
That video is pure sickness. Gonna do live review when I back home.

Offline Biel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2021, 09:11:19 AM »
Holy shit that was pure epicness :o
The stunts and the transitions were epic! My personal favorites are 6:29 and 8:44, everything blew my mind but they blew harder :lol:

Amazing job dude, definitely one of the best VC videos I ever watched, hard work paid off!

Offline BlackTear

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2021, 09:35:41 AM »
everyone loved this, and so do i. pretty much every stunt was finisher-worthy for any video ever. you made landing these big buildings look like it's easy. this was totally worth the time you put in to land them. amazing

Offline imbaA

• I love rhinos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2021, 06:07:02 AM »
Absolute fucking legend. Act 2 opener was my favourite. It was lit.

Offline Silw

• I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2021, 09:57:36 AM »
Spectacular!

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2021, 10:37:41 PM »
Well...I had a couple of Rhino spots up my sleeve to take on, but now I just don't think I'll bother. It'd be like following up Citizen Kane with The Bratz Movie!

This is definitely one of those rare water-shed videos - the kind that makes everyone want to step up their game. Those are rare videos, man, and yours is using a Rhino. I now can't wait to see your take on the Boxville. Damn - what the hell can I say? The video really does speak for itself. "Wow!", "Oooo" and "Fuck yeah!" don't even begin to do it justice. It really does illustrate just how powerful the Rhino can be in the right circumstances. Conversely, the credits reel shows just how heart-breaking the bastard thing can be. This one smacks of pure dedication and/or sheer stubbornness. Every appropriate adjective having been used in this thread already, I'm gonna have to go ahead and make one up - the stunts in this vid were flupidious! (fuck off, red squiggly line - it's a word now, dammit!)

Editing was right on par with the stunts. I had a fear that the repeated long run-ups might stunt the flow of the vid, but the music choice just fit  that perfectly. Some lovely use of the camera also (I guess long run-ups give you some creative latitude). All around smooth and slick production, and those gut-wrenching near misses in the credits was both great, and horribly saddening...but then great again due to all the spots being cleanly landed in the final product - horribly emotional.

Great job, man. This vid stands right alongside some of the greats, and some of the classic inspirational vids. Expect to see Rhinos in every vid from now until St. Swithin's Day.

Offline legendz

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2021, 12:38:44 AM »
Just a year? :hmm: I feel like I'm the unluckiest people in the world then since I need at least 3 years to release a decent solo or even more xd. I guess that's just stunting hehe. Anyways, this was sick in every way Max! Don't even want to emphasize my favourites, because there were too many :lol: Maybe 2-3 stunts were a bit underwhelming compared to the others. Editing and the songs were both nice and I loved the intro & outro very clever touches in both cases. Stunting-wise it speaks for itself... left me speechless too many times that's what I love to see :wub: Overall, epic solo good job!

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2021, 02:49:41 AM »
In the history of GTAS, every once in a while there's been a video that completely pushes the boundaries and redefines what we consider possible in the stunting world. The first video I remember this happening with (in my time here) was UnorthodoX, which was a case of "how the fuck is that possible what the fuck" for a majority of the stunts - I get the same vibe and feeling from this video. I can't even single out specific stunts because everything seemed to be unpredictable top notch finisher worthy stunts.

You're a fucking madman and the effort you've put in not only to this video but everything you've put out in your tenure as a stunter/editor is in the highest tier. I've always hated rating a video out of 10 as it's all subjective, however there's absolutely no qualms giving this a 10/10. Fucking ridiculous.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal