Author Topic: VC Throwback  (Read 6551 times)

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
Re: VC Throwback
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2020, 04:41:57 PM »
Yup! I agree for the sequel also Ezraph is up for it. :happy:

I have so many mistake and error for this collab, because of my lack of experience editing in VC but as you pointed that out, I got an idea now so probably the sequel will have a better quality. Thanks to all of you and these comments will help me visualize my real vision to the collab!

But currently I am saving money for my own PC, (still far) the PC I'm using for now is from my brother, I just borrowed it because he is in the other province

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2020, 05:26:06 PM »
Thanks for squeezing me in last minute <3 Super happy to be part of this video. Great editing, great songs and most of all great stunts by everyone; really enjoyed seeing all of these stunts again, especially the ones I kinda forgot about.
It's literally crazy how Krypton and I are like one mind when it comes to stunting in general and this collab in particular :lol: I literally tried everything he landed before but he already landed it way before me, thus absolutely stomping this video.
Had a bunch of bad luck myself while trying stuff for this but the final product is an awesome, memorable video that'll hopefully be reinstalled in the future.
Top job to everyone involved!

compilation of pain I went through for this vid:

https://youtu.be/pfycuCDK_C0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyYvNEvfFWc
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 05:31:25 PM by puzzLe »

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2020, 09:03:08 PM »
I really wanted to offer to edit this, but I thought that you had everything set. I have such an editing mood lately, brr.
I vote Morbid edits part 2

Also, can we get started on part 2 ASAP?  ;D

Yeah, 3 different editors for a big collab video would be fucking nice, and yes I'm down for another one

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2020, 11:40:21 PM »
https://youtu.be/NHHq5iH3Sn8

I had some alcohol before remembering I needed to film a reaction for this. :)

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2020, 11:58:49 PM »

I was going to make "Ezraph reacts to Haywire reacts to VC Throwback" but I'm too lazy. Instead I made "Ezraph reacts to Haywire reacts to A History of Violence 7" which includes the throwback video

EDIT: I laughed at the part where you talked about the billboard at the "bad company finisher but with infernus stucked instead of tank" XDDDDDDDDD

fun fact the asian lady is 1/4 of BxPx
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 12:12:03 AM by Ezraph2001 »

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2020, 12:01:22 AM »
Aw thanks haywire! I appreciate your reaction please do more!  :wub:

I was going to make "Ezraph reacts to Haywire reacts to VC Throwback" but I'm too lazy. Instead I made "Ezraph reacts to Haywire reacts to A History of Violence 7" which includes the throwback video

XD, that would be great!

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2020, 01:26:38 AM »
This project turned out great, and I am very happy to have been able to be a part of it!

It was fun to see so many classic stunts revisited - Ezraph's freeway-grind chase, Xtramus's stoppie/grind complete with the uzi firing, and Kingjad bringing us those impressive tank flips/grind again, among many others. I also very much enjoyed the use of Freeplay throughout - seeing it get a workout like that is quite satisfying - and something about that first part of the video in particular, with the song choice and the night-time stunts, I found really cool.

If anyone wants to see the original versions of my two stunts:
  • Van roll/flip/grind, from "Miss This" in 2004, by "Vertigo Spark". Can be seen at 3:26 in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRq9iVy_6xw. A fun stunt I've always liked from one of my favourite early stunt videos.
  • Cabbie into subway, from "One Mind" in 2006, by Aries. Can be seen at 3:40 in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJyR6AwQcDA. I have loved this stunt ever since I first saw it - a great discovery executed perfectly - it was the first stunt that came to my mind for this project and I was delighted to be able to pull it off (and even more so because boosting to the right has always been tough for me!).

Great work everyone, and cheers for running the project Lex!

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2020, 05:16:57 AM »
it was unexpected to see such a big vid, wow. so many great classic stunts were relanded, everyone did a nice job, stunting part was sick.

more unexpected thing for me was the editing job, because it was more better than i expected. also didn't know that 2nd editor should be Ezraph, so it was very interesting to see how you both will edit this video. very liked the camera work combined with active camera effect, also liked birds, colors were okay, but you should learn a bit more about CC, how to make it properly. disliked low draw distance and resolution, but i know it is because of bad pc, also disliked stunt cuts at the end of stunt (pls show stunts fully) and some cam angles, you should think about placement of clips, becuase it looked a bit like you played a lot with flying camera and forgot about stunt view.

i hope you will fix all these issues in next project, good luck and thanks for the video!

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2020, 05:24:12 AM »
it was unexpected to see such a big vid, wow. so many great classic stunts were relanded, everyone did a nice job, stunting part was sick.

more unexpected thing for me was the editing job, because it was more better than i expected. also didn't know that 2nd editor should be Ezraph, so it was very interesting to see how you both will edit this video. very liked the camera work combined with active camera effect, also liked birds, colors were okay, but you should learn a bit more about CC, how to make it properly. disliked low draw distance and resolution, but i know it is because of bad pc, also disliked stunt cuts at the end of stunt (pls show stunts fully) and some cam angles, you should think about placement of clips, becuase it looked a bit like you played a lot with flying camera and forgot about stunt view.

i hope you will fix all these issues in next project, good luck and thanks for the video!

thanks man! thanks, actually found the fix now and ezraph is helping me now! i love that guy! thanks for the comments I promise to improve it next time!

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2020, 06:59:33 AM »
Also spotted one of my original stunt relanded by Skuller :cc_detective:
I thought it was new when landed it at first but oh well.. cool spot anyways. :P

Offline Silw

• I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2020, 04:38:58 PM »
Due to the length of the video this felt like a community video to me. There were some really great relandings of stunts. I liked the mixture of big air and old school stunts. goo

Offline TrYp

• Veteran Member
  • X
    • View Profile
    • http://sampforum.hu
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2020, 02:17:05 PM »
It's crazy to see how many of you dedicated your effort relanding Barney's stuff for this video. Tells a lot about the dude's reputation in this community.
Enjoyed the video by the way, had a lot of crazy relands in it.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2020, 02:46:02 PM »
Great video guys, it turned out to be really enjoyable.
Lots of cool stunts landed, and as weird as it sounds, I have to say Krypton stood out in this old stunts video  :lol: It was good to see such long lineup, truly felt like kind of a comvid for me. The editing was pleasant as well, all in all a great project and I'm glad my collab served as an inspiration for this  :P

PS: 16 mins of stunting, wow. I believe it shows very well how active the VC scene has been lately. At least compared to SA.
not counting the freshly released AR video that took years to make
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 02:47:37 PM by Diaz »

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2020, 04:15:02 PM »
https://streamable.com/tcslsj

Maybe next year... :(

Nice vid, thanks for putting it together.  :ajaja:

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers