Author Topic: [SA] Aero Reapers - When Everything Dies  (Read 20310 times)

Offline SoLoD

• Fan of 2008 SA stunting. Fan of 2011 video editing
    • View Profile
Re: [SA] Aero Reapers - When Everything Dies
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2021, 07:51:18 AM »
Everything was just so good. Stunts you were trying to land for years, edit that probably took weeks and months. But what is next for you? Because it looks like many of you still have something to say and can be active for some more years to show us more and more. AR was the last active huge SA crew, and crew videos were the ones that moved GTAS history. What is next?

Offline mistakeys

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2021, 02:39:51 PM »
Everything was just so good. Stunts you were trying to land for years, edit that probably took weeks and months. But what is next for you? Because it looks like many of you still have something to say and can be active for some more years to show us more and more. AR was the last active huge SA crew, and crew videos were the ones that moved GTAS history. What is next?
It was more likely a group decision, and some niggas just wanted to quit stunting. Also we decided to make this our last video since this was our best stuff, combined surely with the best editing possible, there was no point to continue the crew after this blast.
If you're wondering about the remaining active members, I'll just say that some are planing something. XD

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2021, 07:03:48 PM »
Mistake - NRG natbump to roof: tried this for years too, nice too see it done finally, cesar or default? 10/10

I just noticed: I was watching Cheese, and found that Art landed that bump but with that magic Stowaway PCJ. Still good job landing it with an NRG instead :D

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2021, 01:53:14 AM »
Okay, very VERY late on this one, but it took this long to finish watching the dang thing!

What the hell can I say? I don't know that I've ever seen a vid this polished. Every single frame of it looks utterly gorgeous. I realise that SA can be thanked for a portion of that (that game does look lovely still), but so much of it is down to (I'm assuming) the vid's editor. I lost count of the number of gallery worthy shots and pans. I'm fairly familiar with SA and it's environments, but a lot of the vistas on show here make them look soooo much better. Transitions between stunts are also just tremendous, making me believe that the editor is a burgeoning (or possibly established) film maker. I don't wanna overstate the look of this video, but I got a very distinct Denis Villenueve vibe - really, it's that impressive. Always appreciate also when stunters abandon all sense of ego and let everyone know just how awful their voice acting talents really are - I can relate, trust me. Cut scenes were nicely handled as well. Now I wish that SA had a 'Ring' side mission of some sort. If I had only one minor, barely worth mentioning complaint, I would say that some (only some) of the stunts are kinda robbed of their impact due to cinematic/wide camera angles being used initially, rather than after the first showing. However, that's just a personal preference, being an old timer.

I can't comment on the video, of course, without mentioning the choice in music. I'm guessing this is a fairly contentious element of the vid. Frankly I was left kind of on the fence regarding the music. On the one hand, I love any vid that doesn't blast my eardrums with death metal (or whatever you kids call it these days) or screeching lyricists that are barely comprehensible, or even incomprehensible. And yes, I realise I've been in vids that would fall into that category, so the irony's not lost on me. The music is melancholy and sombre, which I guess fits the theme of the vid - the end of an era for you guys. On the other hand, it does sort of clash with the high octane nature of stunting in general. It would be the perfect music for a vid where the only stunts were being done in Baggage cars and Caddys. That being said - it was at least unique, which wins a lot of my points in my book. Also, any vid that manages to incorporate Talking Heads into it's soundtrack wins +20 smiley points!

Now, naturally, the stunts. It's not surprising that this vid was in the works for 3 years (I remember getting antsy about Lagoon, which took just under 1 year), because the finished product is very obviously the result of a group of guys who weren't happy with 'close enough'. It's a lovely showcase of what you can do in SA that you can't in VC, so kinda throws the whole 'SA stunting isn't for me' outlook right back in my stupid face. One could say that it's just another vid with grinds, bumps, taxi boosts and vehicle bumps, and yeah that would be accurate - except for the 'just another vid' part. It's a hell of a lot more than that. Everything had something else. I was exclaiming 'Woah!' three times in one stunt on numerous occasions (the backwards wheelie down the dirt road was a particular favourite). The level of dedication and time spent to get this last hurrah as good as it can possibly be is (to me) an indication of a tight-knit crew and a good bunch of friends. And being that that is what this whole thing (stunting) SHOULD be about gives this vid an extra +20 smiley points.

Now that's +40 smiley points! And I don't just hand those out willy-nilly. Absolutely deserved. A great vid. A great farewell. A pleasure to behold. Congrats, guys, and I hope that, above all else, you enjoyed your time with the game, and with each other.

Offline PM

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2021, 03:10:54 AM »
Okay, very VERY late on this one, but it took this long to finish watching the dang thing!

What the hell can I say? I don't know that I've ever seen a vid this polished. Every single frame of it looks utterly gorgeous. I realise that SA can be thanked for a portion of that (that game does look lovely still), but so much of it is down to (I'm assuming) the vid's editor. I lost count of the number of gallery worthy shots and pans. I'm fairly familiar with SA and it's environments, but a lot of the vistas on show here make them look soooo much better. Transitions between stunts are also just tremendous, making me believe that the editor is a burgeoning (or possibly established) film maker. I don't wanna overstate the look of this video, but I got a very distinct Denis Villenueve vibe - really, it's that impressive. Always appreciate also when stunters abandon all sense of ego and let everyone know just how awful their voice acting talents really are - I can relate, trust me. Cut scenes were nicely handled as well. Now I wish that SA had a 'Ring' side mission of some sort. If I had only one minor, barely worth mentioning complaint, I would say that some (only some) of the stunts are kinda robbed of their impact due to cinematic/wide camera angles being used initially, rather than after the first showing. However, that's just a personal preference, being an old timer.

I can't comment on the video, of course, without mentioning the choice in music. I'm guessing this is a fairly contentious element of the vid. Frankly I was left kind of on the fence regarding the music. On the one hand, I love any vid that doesn't blast my eardrums with death metal (or whatever you kids call it these days) or screeching lyricists that are barely comprehensible, or even incomprehensible. And yes, I realise I've been in vids that would fall into that category, so the irony's not lost on me. The music is melancholy and sombre, which I guess fits the theme of the vid - the end of an era for you guys. On the other hand, it does sort of clash with the high octane nature of stunting in general. It would be the perfect music for a vid where the only stunts were being done in Baggage cars and Caddys. That being said - it was at least unique, which wins a lot of my points in my book. Also, any vid that manages to incorporate Talking Heads into it's soundtrack wins +20 smiley points!

Now, naturally, the stunts. It's not surprising that this vid was in the works for 3 years (I remember getting antsy about Lagoon, which took just under 1 year), because the finished product is very obviously the result of a group of guys who weren't happy with 'close enough'. It's a lovely showcase of what you can do in SA that you can't in VC, so kinda throws the whole 'SA stunting isn't for me' outlook right back in my stupid face. One could say that it's just another vid with grinds, bumps, taxi boosts and vehicle bumps, and yeah that would be accurate - except for the 'just another vid' part. It's a hell of a lot more than that. Everything had something else. I was exclaiming 'Woah!' three times in one stunt on numerous occasions (the backwards wheelie down the dirt road was a particular favourite). The level of dedication and time spent to get this last hurrah as good as it can possibly be is (to me) an indication of a tight-knit crew and a good bunch of friends. And being that that is what this whole thing (stunting) SHOULD be about gives this vid an extra +20 smiley points.

Now that's +40 smiley points! And I don't just hand those out willy-nilly. Absolutely deserved. A great vid. A great farewell. A pleasure to behold. Congrats, guys, and I hope that, above all else, you enjoyed your time with the game, and with each other.
Thank you in the name of the whole crew. This means a lot!

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2021, 01:48:05 PM »
this is immortal thing  :mellow:

Offline jakuba

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2021, 08:11:34 PM »
I dont think anyone could come up with a more fitting finisher. Its like a GTAS send off.

Offline alieNboy

• Artists Movies 2011
  • COSMIC GANG
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2021, 10:46:27 PM »
I dont think anyone could come up with a more fitting finisher. Its like a GTAS send off.
forreal after this vid stunting in SA feels so empty  :lol: :lol:

Offline FELIX

• formerly known as Flava and cloudwalker
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2021, 01:38:17 PM »
The editing and most of the stunts were soooo fucking amazing. 11/10

The video itself is art, I hope Kacknase persues a career in art / editing / whatsoever, so much talent, wow, fucking WOW!!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 02:44:33 PM by FELIX »

Offline Syny

• People need to learn and enjoy solitude
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SrSyny
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2021, 12:26:02 PM »
One of the best stunting movie ever made. The editing was the most beautiful and creative in GTAStuning world. Everything was fucking brilliant, 11/10.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2021, 07:05:48 PM »
BUMP

Damn this was FIRE. Everyone really killed it as expected! Editing was great aswell! Going to watch again now. :ninja:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 07:11:35 PM by dirtybird78 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal