Author Topic: "Gliding" has been removed.  (Read 33451 times)

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
Re: "Gliding" has been removed.
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 01:22:18 AM »
Not to be a dick but I'm glad they removed it. That stunt from video you posted looks just retarded. He is flying with a bike like it was a plane. Come on just look at it :blink:
Bitch, are you fucking retarded?
The airtime looked like shit, a guy heading the same way with his bike all the time, switching position after 10seconds of flying, wow.

Have you even played GTA 5? tried stunting in the game? Because I think these type of comments come from people who don't stunt in GTA 5. I dont think people who dont stunt in GTA 5 understand :(
I think I was the first guy on the forun who did that and I simply didn't enjoy it as I did and still do in previous gta's, simply because of the looks of stunts aspect, which, again looked ridiculous

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 01:42:08 AM »
The airtime looked like shit, a guy heading the same way with his bike all the time, switching position after 10seconds of flying, wow.
That stunt is the most extreme example of how the gliding method can be used by light years so far, if you have paid the slightest attention to stunting in V.
You know damn well there's a lot of stunts that looks far less ridiculous that would not have been possible without that method and all you're arguing is the taste of one particular stunt, not how it affects the general physics of stunting in the game which the attempt with the patched physics made pretty fucking clear.
If you can't pull your head out of your ass long enough to realize how dramatic of a change that is, then I don't see the point for you to argue about this topic at all.
Thus; bitch are you fucking retarded?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 03:55:53 AM »
A lot of people on Reddit are doing the same thing right now, where because they don't understand how core gliding is to stunting, they dismiss it as a pure "glitch", saying that we're just bitching. Honestly, I don't see Rockstar making the change, but I really hope they do, because this totally sucks.

Offline FloW

• Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 04:19:29 AM »
It was fun while it lasted...
Not to be a dick but I'm glad they removed it. That stunt from video you posted looks just retarded. He is flying with a bike like it was a plane. Come on just look at it :blink:
Bitch, are you fucking retarded?
No, but I still think such big airs looks stupid. I don't stunt in V, I watched the video SS posted and thought most of big airs looks like that. I've explained myself in my latest post anyway.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 04:21:40 AM »
By the way I've tested reverting back to the old patch if you've already updated. Doesn't work for me. Think I'll land some extra stunts with the Adder/BMX and then release my video with what I've got so far. After that... we'll see.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 04:24:30 AM »
No, but I still think such big airs looks stupid. I don't stunt in V, I watched the video SS posted and thought most of big airs looks like that. I've explained myself in my latest post anyway.
It's so fucking stupid when viewers think their uninformed opinion should be the basis for how the platform the performers are using should function.
For all the fuckheads that don't understand the importance of it, it's basically what VC/SA would have been like without RAD's method or the lean forward method except the effect kicks in after the bump instead of before it. Yeah some shit is still possible and there's room for creativity, but it's so limited now that that it's almost pointless compared to how it was.[/stunting]

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 04:27:51 AM »
The worst thing is that anyone who watches all these old videos in the future will probably think they're all bullshit, because you can't glide any more. Totally senseless removal, though I doubt they even realised what it would do to motorbike stunting. They probably looked at the BMX Flight Glitch and fixed it, without realising what it would do to everything else. They probably wont do anything, but at the very least, I wish they would add a "stunting" mode back into the game.

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 04:28:35 AM »
I couldn't wait to get my hands on GTA V PC, but I would never have expected a small update to change my mind... They just removed huge content from the game just because it wasn't casual enough.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 04:31:07 AM »
They probably wont do anything, but at the very least, I wish they would add a "stunting" mode back into the game.
In that case, get ready to have everything you do dismissed as 'it's done in stunting mode and therefore easy and lame'.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 04:34:11 AM »
They probably wont do anything, but at the very least, I wish they would add a "stunting" mode back into the game.
In that case, get ready to have everything you do dismissed as 'it's done in stunting mode and therefore easy and lame'.

It would be better than having absolutely nothing. It's a half solution, but if they really don't want it the "main game", this is the least they could do. If you spoke to someone at Rockstar, and told them what they've done, I think they would be pretty shocked.

Offline FloW

• Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 04:36:48 AM »
You should post it at gtaforums as well SS, to get more attention. The GTA V sub forum has got almost 2 million replies already.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 04:41:12 AM »
I have thought about it but GTAForums is a very toxic community. I highly doubt that it would turn into a constructive discussion, so it would probably be counter productive.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:56:18 AM by Daffy »

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2014, 05:35:49 AM »
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/2126496

This is what I did just now. I'm really trying to do something about this so called "fix". I wouldnt want GTA V stunting to die, whats more I just ordered my capture card online. I send them that and it's seems like some admin don't even get our point. I'm waiting for another reply there. I just hope Rockstar becomes aware of this issue and revert it back.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2014, 05:38:13 AM »
Support link doesn't work for me. Make sure you're using a public sharing link.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal