Author Topic: Tips & Tricks (Outdated)  (Read 76531 times)

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Tips & Tricks (Outdated)
« on: September 18, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »
This post contains everything you need to know about GTA V stunting. (Currently updating...)

Video Tutorials
_________________________________________________________________________________________

GTA V - How to get more airtime with any motorbike [tutorial]

GTA V -How to do a fast back flip with any motorbike[tutorial]

[How to wallride in GTA V]

How to go faster in any car, using Franklin's ability (Single Player)

[How to grind in GTA V]

MOTORBIKES
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Bati 801 / RR

+ Fastest motorbike
+ Good at pulling wheelies

The Bati is the bike of choice for most stunts, it has the highest top speed and thus the most potential for landing higher and further stunts. If it cannot wheelie high enough for a particular bump then try the Ruffian.

Ruffian

+ Best at pulling wheelies
+ Second fastest motorbike (as far as stunting is concerned)
+ Slightly better acceleration than Bati

The ruffian is the most versatile bike; its speed, acceleration, and wheelie abilities make it great for any stunt, and it excels at high bumps which the Bati cannot reach.

Akuma

+ Best acceleration
- Sucks at pulling wheelies

Good for short runup ramp or ramp to bump stunts.

Sanchez

+ Arguably the best at wallriding
- O.K. at pulling wheelies, not great compared to Bati / Ruffian

CARS

Adder

+ Fastest land vehicle
- Harder to handle around corners

The adder is the best car for stunting as it has the highest top speed and although the handling is not the best, franklin's ability easily remedies this.

Entity XF

+ Second fastest land vehicle
+ Excellent handling
+ Better acceleration than Adder

The Entity is better for races but the Adder wins for stunting since handling does not mater as much, when using franklin's ability at least. It is certainly not bad, but has less potential than the Adder, although it may outclass the Adder in GTA Online.

Cheetah

+ Very low to the ground, making it the easiest car to bump into
+ Great handling

The cheetah is best for bumping into with a motorbike or z-type as it is low to the ground, not bad for stunting by itself, but outclassed by the Adder and Entity.

Z-Type

+ Can bump small bumps and stairs
+ Can bump other cars

The Z-Type is the only reliable car that can bump small bumps and also bump cheetah's very well.

BICYCLES

BMX

+ Highest bunnyhops
+ Best at pulling stoppies

The BMX is the bike of choice as it can bunnyhop high and stoppie well, the two most important aspects of bicycle stunting. The high bunnyhop also means that it can jump straight into curved walls for wallrides, whereas the scorcher cannot.

Scorcher (Mountain Bike)

+ Faster than BMX
+ Better at bumping from a wheelie
- Low bunnyhops
- Slightly worse at pulling stoppies than BMX

The scorcher may be faster than the BMX but has less potential due to its poor bunnyhop height and slightly worse stoppie capabilities, but some stunts may suit the scorcher better. It is also better / easier to wallride with due to its speed, although it cannot jump straight into a curved wall like the BMX, rather it has to ramp or bump into one.

UPDATE (30th April 2015): Please note that most of these tips & tricks are out of date, and do not represent what we know in 2015. The same goes for any of the replies below. Check the new topic for updates!

GTA V Basics Topic - http://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=67844
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:28:25 AM by VaNilla »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, tricks, techniques...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 01:07:54 PM »
You gain a bit of speed by landing rear-wheel first on bikes, nothing new, but the "boost" seems bigger in this game. This can be used to quickly gain speed on a Bmx, by holding forwards and jumping and landing on the back wheel. That's the only thing I've found that I use a lot.

Vertical wallrides are awesome.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:18:24 PM »
Higher strength and different bikes contribute to the wheelie. I've tried one of the new bikes and you can hold a wheelie forever on it. The annoying thing is that as soon as you turn left/right, you lose your wheelie no matter what. Not as much as of a problem as it would be in the other games, as you can turn more sharply, but you have to get a little creative with some spots in this game.

On the other hand, cars are actually better for stunting than they've ever been in the past. That's aside from hydraulics, although I haven't tried customization yet, so I don't know if suspension changes things at all.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:23:05 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 01:40:56 PM »
Strength actually influences it?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
Please share if you know the location of useful vehicles. Most fast motorbikes, I am stuck with the Sanchez for now.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 02:43:04 PM »
I just thought I'd share my first impression here:
car stunting seems like it could grab my attention, but not before the PC version and a Dannye's SCM (or something similar). Except of course for easy stunts (unique jumps, freestyle nat terrain stuff) which I am very much looking forward to!!  ...but I'm not gonna bother trying difficult bumps or something considering the fact that if I fuck up the car could explode on impact and I'd have to spend 5mins driving back to the spot :P

I'm loving the handling of the cars, it's more fun to drive around than in IV I'd say, quicker pace, faster acceleration, more unrealistic turns (which is good imo).

I've only played for like 4 hours so far, and haven't really tried riding bikes/motorbikes a lot, but my first impression was not so great in terms of stunting opportunities. Reminded me a bit of Sleeping dogs tbh. I think I'm gonna feel like this is the worst game so far for stunting on motorbikes

needless to say the game is ridiculously awesome in almost every aspect, I'm having a blast! I think the physics are better suited for normal players who want to just mess around, drive fast between traffic on their way to missions etc, but I actually think GTAIV provided a better platform for stunting, time will tell I guess!

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 08:37:31 PM »
it seems for a speed boost on the motor bikes you lift and drop half wheelies like in IV. You can also do the up and down seat trick like in VC and SA but not sure that makes him go any faster just yet. Only drove one motor bike so far, and didn't check the name of it :p

I also drove a shamal, and the view from flying is stunning. Nice draw distance too. I flew straight up and over Mt Chiliad. I drove the lifted 4x4 truck, the bf inject,quad and multiple cars. I found a bmx next to a vert ramp, and the bmx on the ramp was very realistic, much better than IV and previous gta games on vert ramps.

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 12:10:05 AM »
Here's a good one, if you press Y (triangle for PS3?) on the map it creates a point of interest. Useful for saving spot locations or if you happen to drive past one on a mission etc...

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 12:19:18 AM »
Great idea creating this topic :P

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 12:21:50 AM »
Here's a good one, if you press Y (triangle for PS3?) on the map it creates a point of interest. Useful for saving spot locations or if you happen to drive past one on a mission etc...
Could be useful for pinpointing where I can find vehicles as well. Nice one, I'll check it when I get home
!

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 06:43:55 AM »
The quick save feature in your phone seems to save position and vehicle (if you are in one) Could be useful if you have a stunt out in the nowhere and you die, you could just load instead of driving back, though the loading is pretty long though, so might just be faster to drive back.

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »
I was toying with that idea too, long loading time but might be worth it in some cases.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »
Good on you guys for being patient enough to stunt! When the PC version comes, do you guys think it will be made easily mod'able so that we can get (best case scenario) a Dannye's SCM for it? Hopefully Dannye will be arsed to make it!

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 04:45:04 PM »
Few quick vehicle tips:

Bicycles

The BMX and Scorcher are the only two bikes that can bunnyhop and wheelie/stoppie in the game. Both the BMX and the Scorcher can wheelie for an unlimited amount of time. The BMX can wheelie higher than the Scorcher, and stoppie at a higher angle/for a longer period of time. The BMX can bunnyhop 2/3 times higher than the Scorcher. The Scorcher has a higher top speed and brakes more quickly. For the small difference in speed, the Scorcher isn't worth using over the BMX for stunting. The race bike is faster, but you can't do any tricks with it aside from bumping small ledges, and doing ramps/grinds.

Motorbikes

Still testing them, but these are a few quick thoughts. The Bati has the highest top speed, making it the best bike for long runup stunts. Additionally, the Akuma has the highest acceleration, making it great for ramps/ramp bumps with short runups. However, the Akuma can't pull a wheelie or do a stoppie, so it's useless for most elements of stunting. On the other hand, the Ruffian accelerates more quickly than the Bati, it can pull a slightly higher wheelie (and stays high for longer through the gears), and can stoppie at a higher angle/for a longer period of time. However, it has a slightly lower top speed, the brakes aren't as good, and it doesn't have as much traction.

If you have a bump with a huge runup, use the Bati. If you have a bump with a short runup, use the Ruffian. If you're doing anything that's purely based on wheelies, stoppies and grinds, use the Ruffian. If you're trying a bump with the Bati and you can't pull up high enough, try the Ruffian (although it's a really small difference overall).

The PCJ is useful for stunting, but it doesn't perform as well as the Bati or the Ruffian. The Sanchez is a good bike, but it can't wheelie as well as the Bati or the Ruffian (slightly worse than a Bati). Obviously, it's much slower too.

The Faggio is surprisingly useful, because it can wheelie for an infinite amount of time, all the way up to the top. You can actually bail off if you're not careful, even at max speed. However, you can't do a very good stoppie with this bike. The chopper bikes all suffer in terms of wheelies and stoppies, although you can initially pull a high wheelie in the first gear. The Daemon is the best chopper bike, followed by the Bagger, and then the Hexer.

All of the other bikes vary in their stunting capabilities, but none of them are very useful when compared to the bikes I've listed above. There's not much purpose in using them, they don't have any distinguishing features or specific qualities that make them worth exploring. Hope you found this helpful :).

Speed Methods

The most effective way of gaining speed on a bike is to lean fully forwards. Dipping is useless compared to the gains you have when leaning forwards. However you accelerate more quickly when pulling a high wheelie. Also, your top speed increases.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 06:11:43 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
Nice info, waiting for cars next :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal