Author Topic: Memento  (Read 37172 times)

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
Memento
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:32:52 PM »
Memento. To be remembered.

Premise - Inspiration - Kitsch - Phlegm - Mystery - End - Redemption

Hello. I'm hereby presenting a 'semi-anonymous' San Andreas collaboration I have organized over the past two months. It is my last project, editing, stunting, scripting and organization wise. I have been moved to the retired roster in WH, inactive roster in BT, and given up my moderator position. I will not be visiting the forums much in the following times, but I will be dropping by every now and then.

Kind of similarly to my best of's topic, I am going to give a longer description below of the video's development. For those who do not want to read it, or have no time now, the links and basic description are right under this paragraph. I'd just like to thank every single person who has contributed to this project in any way, and also everyone who has supported me in the past 4.5 years. Thanks everybody!

Stunters:
[Bart], 0versizeD, Anoobis, Arnax, Artifex, Balsam, Burn, Caio, Cloudwalker, Cookie, Corevil, Darkstar, Determined, Diaz, Dundee, Edga, FloW, Franco, FTO, Genyus, Ghost, Grescha, hiddeN, iCy, Izzeee, Jeff, JustCaus3, KasT, Killerstunter, krs, Ktulu, lilj, luli, MaCi, MtS, Mugetsu, MxZ, Nauthiluz, Noah, NuclearDeath, Ode, plak, Plani, Promagic, PrzemOO, PtRvY, Rainbow, Requiem, Reynolds, Roach, Rusch69, RyDeR, Salyn, Scavenger, ScreaM, Sear, Shadowsniper, Sheeptea, Sheikah, SkilZ, Smut, Squeak, Streem, Syny, tomiBoy, Tracker, TurBo, Ulltra, UndeadX, vmx, XtremeOmega, Zangetsu and ZeRo.

Editors:
D4rksh4doW, PtRvY, Tracker, SentitneS, Beat and draguN.

Full Review Template:
Code: [Select]
Full review of Memento
made by <your name>
[hr]
[b]Chapter 0 - The Premise[/b]
Scripting:
Editing:
Soundtrack:

Overall rating: ?/10
[hr]
[b]Chapter 1 - The Inspiration[/b]
FloW (03:36 - 03:49)
Determined (03:49 - 04:03)
NuclearDeath (04:03 - 04:17)
FTO (04:17 - 04:31)
Ghost (04:33 - 04:54)
Arnax (04:55 - 05:04)
Plani (05:05 - 05:21)
Zangetsu (05:22 - 05:41)
Corevil (05:45 - 05:53)
Killerstunter (05:53 - 06:06)
Sheikah (06:06 - 06:13)
Burn (06:13 - 06:22)
Reynolds (06:22 - 06:28)
iCy (06:28 - 06:47)
Grescha (06:47 - 07:17)

Editing:
Soundtrack:

[hr]
[b]Chapter 2 - The Kitsch[/b]
Balsam (07:25 - 07:41)
Darkstar (07:41 - 07:51)
Izzeee (07:52 - 08:07)
Caio (08:08 - 08:25)
Nauthiluz (08:25 - 08:52)
Diaz (08:53 - 09:12)
Noah (09:12 - 09:26)
Salyn (09:26 - 09:37)
Jeff (09:37 - 09:59)
ScreaM (09:59 - 10:13)
Squeak (10:13 - 10:35)
UndeadX (10:35 - 10:49)
XtremeOmega (10:49 - 11:05)
MxZ (11:06 - 11:23)

Editing:
Soundtrack:

[hr]
[b]Chapter 3 - The Phlegm[/b]
Ktulu (11:39 - 11:52)
MaCi (11:53 - 12:07)
tomiBoy (12:08 - 12:16)
Promagic (12:17 - 12:27)
ZeRo (12:28 - 12:44)
Dundee (12:45 - 12:59)
Smut (13:04 - 13:11)
vmx (13:12 - 13:18)
Roach (13:18 - 13:23)
TurBo (13:23 - 13:35)
Ode (13:35 - 13:41)
Requiem (13:42 - 13:49)
plak (13:50 - 14:00)
Edga (14:00 - 14:11)
RyDeR (14:11 - 14:22)

Editing:
Soundtrack:

[hr]
[b]Chapter 4 - The Mystery[/b]
[Bart] (14:33 - 14:42)
MtS (14:42 - 14:49)
Artifex (14:51 - 14:58)
Cookie (14:59 - 15:05)
Ulltra (15:06 - 15:14)
SkilZ (15:15 - 15:23)
Scavenger (15:24 - 15:31)
PtRvY (15:32 - 15:43)
Mugetsu (15:43 - 15:51)
JustCaus3 (15:52 - 15:58)
krs (15:58 - 16:08)
hiddeN (16:09 - 16:16)
Rusch69 (16:17 - 16:29)
PrzemOO (16:30 - 16:38)

Editing:
Soundtrack:

[hr]
[b]Chapter 5 - The End[/b]
Anoobis (17:06 - 17:37)
Streem (17:38 - 17:52)
Genyus (17:53 - 18:04)
Cloudwalker (18:04 - 18:22)
0versizeD (18:23 - 18:35)
Sear (18:36 - 18:48)
luli (18:48 - 19:07)
Sheeptea (19:08 - 19:14)
lilj (19:14 - 19:26)
Franco (19:27 - 19:37)
Syny (19:38 - 19:47)
Tracker (19:47 - 20:01)
Rainbow (20:02 - 20:11)
KasT (20:11 - 20:27)
Shadowsniper (20:28 - 20:59)

Editing:
Soundtrack:

[hr]
[b]Chapter 6 - The Redemption[/b]
Soundtrack:

[hr]
Overall: ?/10

HQ .wmv 720p ~ 960 MB
http://www.putlocker.com/file/590E5AD2BDA2656A
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94754009/Memento%20720p.wmv

MQ .wmv 480p ~ 480 MB
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94754009/Memento%20480p.wmv

Streaming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxhx938Nz8
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8v9orlgz6exob7/Memento%20720p.wmv

Ever since Radioaktive released his interesting SA replay modification tutorial, I've had plans of making an anonymous collaboration. I have tried to put through such plans in both DV and WH, but it was met with minimal following. But you could say that I knew that "this" video would happen as early as 2010. I've always had plans of releasing some kind of video when I retire. But of course, originally it was supposed to be a solo. Even as I released my final best of, I seriously thought about making a solo, but soon after it became obvious that it's not going to happen. My stunting pace dropped massively after that video, and it was impossible to gather good enough stunts. After some thought I decided that an anonymous collab would be the 2nd best thing. Then I gathered a lot of stunters, and here we are.

Chapter 0 - The Premise (Transformation)
When I first started planning this project's intro, I had no idea that this would become my biggest scripting project to date. I guess that it was mostly due to the fact that my original (simple) idea was impossible to do without a certain patch, which I was unable to locate. So in lack of a better idea I completely recreated the scripts' concept, and I have to say I like this idea much better than the original one. It is much more elaborate (with 8 separate scenes and loads of timing work put into some movements) and took me about 10 hours of work to complete. It wasn't only a scripting project, due to my great wish to make it Silent Hill 2 themed I also had to create a new timecyc from scratch and re-skin the entire strip club (interior + exterior) using original Heaven's Night textures from SH2. The result is in my opinion a very good atmosphere which should immerse the viewer and provide a little backstory on how exactly do you have 73 stunters looking exactly like me (lol). Beat makes a cameo appearance as the Arcane wizard once again, Labiloute appears as a TV spokesperson (a little homage to the fact he pretty much taught me everything about scripting), and I finally got to use the awesome BT helicopter which Haywire made for me over a year ago. All in all, a great combination for me, and of course D4rksh4dow has done an awesome job editing it to the soundtrack I picked.

Chapter 1 - The Inspiration
This chapter is my final editing project in GTA. I have to say that I like what I pulled off, although there were some sloppy areas. I decided to use a soundtrack from BT's latest album, because, well, from the moment I heard it I knew that it'd make a great stunt video soundtrack. And there's some symbolism behind it as well: I got into BT using a track from BT, it's kind of fitting to have my last GTA editing using a track from BT as well. I originally called this chapter "The Inspiration" because I wanted to dedicate it to THEFTman and his "The Art of Stunting" video, which served as a great original inspiration for this video, but the more I edited the more of the style I borrowed from other good editors in the past, so this part is dedicated to every single editor who inspired me in some point of my editing career.

Chapter 2 - The Kitsch
This chapter was the most turbulent one in terms of editor choice. It was originally supposed to be edited by MxZ, but due to computer trouble I handed his part to D4rksh4doW. However, DS couldn't complete both it and the intro, so in the end I gave it to Tracker. He did a pretty nice job in two days' time. The theme of this chapter was the editing to those classic DnB tracks trend which started in 2008 with the release of Wergild, and remained vital on the scene pretty much until Dubstep became a popular sound to use around here. I'm proud to be one of the earliest editors of this wave, way before it became a "kitsch", as this part's name implies, so I had to include a part with a suitable soundtrack. And of course, what better soundtrack to pick than State of Mind, with their own mix of a track I used in my perhaps most memorable video of this wave, SMBU 2.

Chapter 3 - The Phlegm
This chapter is a little more of a reference to my own personality, rather than a particular editing style. Phlegmatic people are generally emotionally disconnected, and calm. To represent this mood I have mixed three tracks myself, or to be precise, I mixed two tracks and overlayed the rainymood.com theme over the mix. The result was a track which I really enjoyed listening to, and SentitneS gave it a great dose of his own style, so all in all, I really like this part. Hopefully you will too.

Chapter 4 - The Mystery
With most (if not all) the soundtrack being electronic oriented, I felt I had to take something a little more rock-oriented (and I have edited to a lot of those kinds of tracks myself in the past). So I went for 30 Seconds to Mars, I really really dig their music and this particular track I picked is my most favourite from them. This is the only part I didn't choose the name for, because I really had no ideas. I picked Beat for the job, and he suggested "The Mystery", which was kinda reminiscent of the old Extravaganza trailer (Enter the Mysterious world of BeaT), so I went for it. And he really imported his own touch into the song, with parts clearly inspired by his latest collab UV+, as well as a few additional glitchy effects added to the song. This should keep you entertained as it's not your every day editing, and it also contains one of the best CCs I have ever seen in SA. Oh yeah, it also contains my last landed stunt. Landed specifically for this vid, execution could be better but what the heck, I was trying that for over 2 years.

Chapter 5 - The End
For the final chapter I have decided to pick draguN, and he did a really excellent job. The soundtrack was decided, well, even before the video started to be organized. I just knew I had to use this Celldweller's track someday, and the release of the new mix of it in Klayton's latest SVH album gave me a one-of-a-kind opportunity to make a neat sounding mix of my own. And draguN did a great job with some really nice camera angles and a vast amount of animations, surprises and similar. Be sure to notice as many details as you can. And of course enjoy the last chapter, alongside with the finisher, which is truly one of the most amazing cabbie stunts I ever seen.

Chapter 6 - The Redemption
I originally wanted a far more elaborate and story-driven outro, but time constraints and lack of will have reduced it to a fairly simple credits roll with some stills from the video shown in backwards order. Enjoy it anyways!

That's about all I had to say I guess. Enjoy the video and leave a comment!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:21:29 AM by PtRvY »

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
Re: Memento
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:34:10 PM »
So much to say, I don't even know where to begin, I've never been so fucking moved & inspired by a stunt video. Well, first off I have to thank you for inviting me to this magnificent collab & for taking care of my stunt personally in your most magnificent opening part! As I said before, this is the very prime of your editing, the peak, in my eyes, it's without a flaw, great atmosphere, perfectly chosen effects, incredible angles & that unique style of yours that scarcely disappoints, it's incredible seeing how much of a  master you've become at this & I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do with your life from now on. The intro & first part were magnificently shot (coded, I guess is the right word) & the effects were incredible, I usually dislike long intros, but this one was an exception, I found it really entertaining & moving to watch. The only other part (imo) that comes close to yours in terms of masterful editing must be draguN's, I was stunned when I watched it, I could never imagine that my good ol' PTS mate could pull off something this awesome, it's nothing like what I've seen from him till this point, his style seems ever so dynamic & I fall in love with it even more with each amazing work he releases & this was just such a strongly emotional, atmospheric & visually interesting work, it literally made me feel love, love of art, thanks draguN for the effort you put into that, it really moved me & made me feel emotions no other stunt vid ever has, it was such a perfect part.

I am also stunned at how many people were in this & even more so, how many of the stunts were really good, about 90% of the stuff here was well above average & that makes this the absolutely best stunt vid I have seen so far, nothing tops it imo. It also gives a great sense of community & being a part of something bigger than oneself, I never really thought about stunting that way until I picked up the message from the intro, to me it always has been about the ego, competition & getting recognized within community, but this vid showed me that we are all really part of the same, a collective & a pretty damn good one!

Fuck man, I feel so fucking moved by this I can't even think straight, it's just such a marvelous peace of art & it's just a vid about people doing stunts in a video game ffs, now that's a real achievement! Thank you so much for making this, I can't express that enough!  :wub: :wub: :wub:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:22:55 PM by Determined »

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »
I just want to thank you for inviting me for such a special video.

Offline Tg

• Veteran Member
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 10:25:41 PM »
3rd, watching  :euro:

Edit: This is an amazing video, With the stunting and the editing. I've never seen a stunt video as good as this since stunting began, seriously!

and the finisher of the end, Most Definitely Stunt Of The Year. amazing work and effort put into this magnificent video, it had me speechless for a second there. good job once again, and good bye.

never thought that you will be leaving. i hope we will see you around every now and then. Better luck in life  ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:56:51 PM by Thatguy »

Offline Joshua

• Veteran Member
  • METHOD, Milbridge, JDizzle, blablabla
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 10:27:56 PM »
Sad times. Cya man

Offline VeganeBrodwärschd

• formerly known as Senti
  • Veteran Member
  • also known as Alteryo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 11:08:26 PM »
waiting for DL link

I apologize for having to rush my part

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 11:17:07 PM »
waiting for DL link
Just added the 720p link :)
Starting the 480p upload :P

Thank you Determined and Stunta for the great reviews already!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:19:15 PM by PtRvY »

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 11:30:22 PM »
Wow. Ill have to download and watch this as its clearly epic.

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 11:31:32 PM »
Wow. Ill have to download and watch this as its clearly epic.

Fuck it. Watching on YT first!

Edit: Holy Fuck. Amazing. The finisher to part one and the final finisher were amazing. amazing editing especially in the final chapter. Just.....

Amazing.

9.9/10

Also, glad the song in chapter IV was used, I was thinking that would make a great stuntvid song.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:55:32 PM by Turtle Boy »

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 11:41:56 PM »
Grescha and Shadowsniper cabbie stunts, just mindblow, epic video Petar, epic

Offline Omma!

• Señor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 11:48:03 PM »
First of all thanks for inviting. This video was AMAZING, I can't point out the stunts i liked more because they're too much, but defo ss finisher is one of my favorites, sick idea man. And the editing was also awesome, fucking sick vid. Collab of the year probably.

O just saw now that its some ending vid for you :( Gl on everything and hope we can still speak sometimes on msn, it was an amazing ride with you in ss and dv, and you're definitely one of the kindest person I've ever met in gtas. :wub:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:52:26 PM by Ktulu »

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 11:56:23 PM »
Just brilliant. It's almost like a comvid. Grescha's and SS's boosts were completely mad.

Thanks for inviting me as well. :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:02:44 AM by FTO »

Offline Paull

• Veteran Member
  • Lost Paradise Stunters
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »
Great video, the stunts from shadowsniper and grescha were amazing.The only sad part its because this vid is ending for you  :cheersad:

Good luck from now, Petar.

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 12:17:18 AM »
Just finished uploading the 480p. If you want to download the video, I still highly recommend the 720p though :)

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments!

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 12:26:27 AM »
petar, i really wanna thank you for inviting me. it's sad that your leaving, we will miss you  :( this is the best collab of the year for sure, the stunts were simply amazing, especially grescha's taxiboost and shadowsniper's finisher.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal