Author Topic: EDM Thread  (Read 14023 times)

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: EDM Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »
I didn't even know what EDM stood for, had to google it. "Electronic dance music (EDM) is electronic music produced primarily for the purposes of use within a nightclub setting, or in an environment that is centered upon dance-based entertainment."

Well I don't know why dubstep has been such a huge debate topic in here then. Is it common to play dubstep in nightclubs? lol

I hate clubs and the music they play, so that rules out most of EDM for me I guess. Elements commonly used within dubstep can be cool from time to time, but most often I feel like the artist is overdoing the wobwobs ><

Here's a cool tune I heard on WIMP the other day:
http://www.wimp.com/dubstepviolin/

I have a friend who likes making dubstep tunes from time to time, I find his tunes better than most of the dubstep I hear on youtube f.ex:
http://soundcloud.com/umbra-2-1/umbra-pinocchio-says-grow-nose

Amongst my favorite electronic albums are
Since I left you by The Avalanches
Alive:2007 and Discovery by Daft Punk
Random album title by deadmau5
We are monster by Isolee
Cross by Justice
Blumenkraft, Skylon and Mir by Ott
Are you shpongled? by Shpongle
Melody A.M by Röyksopp

If you're a fan of electronic music and haven't heard all of these, I'd say you're missing out.

Edit:
I'll add Air's Premiers Symptomes to that list. I really like most of the music these artists have created btw, those albums are just my favs.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:06:55 PM by RedX »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2012, 06:54:58 PM »
All dubstep songs aren't wobwob and shit, depends on what are the words you are using to find it, there are dubstep subgeneres that are chill and not "wobish".
And about those albums, I got Daft punk's, Avalanche's, DM5', Isolee's, Justice's and Shpongle's. They are all awesome :wub: Gonna take a look at the others you mentioned though.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2012, 05:47:16 AM »
@Red this was originally solely a dubstep thread but i changed it to general EDM a few pages back to avoid having a bunch of separate threads for dubstep, dnb, house, trance etc:)

As for the debate on dubstep, I feel most people hate on it without actually listening to it properly, instead they hear a 30 second skrillex clip and assume it's just RAHHRHAHAHWOBOWOBOWOBO  in every song produced, instead of digging a little deeper and listening to artists like Skream, Benga, Cluekid and soforth who pioneered the genre.

Not gonna lie I do enjoy stuff like a couple of Skrillex tracks, tunes that would be considered 'brostep' and soforth, idk I just listen to what I enjoy.

Icicle & Distance - Exhale [Full] [HD/HQ]
Konvex - Unleashed [FREE D/L]
ENiGMA Dubz - Run Tingz [HD]

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2012, 06:09:28 AM »
Memtrix is something to look out for, guys.. He's 16 years old  :ajaja:
http://soundcloud.com/memtrixdub/sets/brd011-memtrix-mind-control/

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2012, 06:27:11 AM »
 :wub:

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2012, 07:07:33 AM »
Recently been getting into house music a lot more, listening as well as mixing. I just love this stuff, here's some examples of what I mean.

Julio Bashmore - Au Seve
Probably the biggest tune this summer and definitely the tune of Outlook Festival 2012 (any bass fan should go there once in his life)

Disclosure - What's In Your Head
Disclosure is probably one of my favorite artists right now in this scene

Some more tunes which I also use in my mixes:
Medlar - Terrell (Bicep's Brooklyn Shuffle)

Paleman - Hunt

Dusky - Flo Jam
Gotta love the Swamp81 sounds, best boat party in my life.

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »
Wait Genyus, you've been to Outlook? Outlook in Fort Punta Christo, Croatia?!?!? HAhaha my friends have been going there ever since it first started! They confirmed that it's the best event they've ever been to and since then they never really go out to weekend parties because non of them can compare to Outlook. Just 2 more years and I'll be able to go too (strict 18+ y/o policy). O btw did you check out the rap performances as well or strictly electro?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:00:31 AM by Jubito »

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2012, 02:47:36 PM »
Wait Genyus, you've been to Outlook? Outlook in Fort Punta Christo, Croatia?!?!? HAhaha my friends have been going there ever since it first started! They confirmed that it's the best event they've ever been to and since then they never really go out to weekend parties because non of them can compare to Outlook. Just 2 more years and I'll be able to go too (strict 18+ y/o policy). O btw did you check out the rap performances as well or strictly electro?
Yeah mate, the Outlook Festival. It was absolutely mental, though you can't really compare it to club nights IMO. It's just the best festival for me, because it pretty much had every artist playing there which I listen to atm. The policy is indeed very strict so you should definitely wait (a friend of mine who was 17 joined us and got denied at the entrance, she did manage to sneak her way on though somehow).

Didn't see any rap performances on the lineup this year.. Probably my fault for not recognizing those names but yeah, I've only seen electronic performances except for Fat Freddy's Drop and Gentleman's Dub Club. For the most part I went to performances with the style of music I posted above, but also a lot of dubstep and drum&bass. For example I went to the Swamp81 boat party as well as the Wheel & Deal one and to the GetDarker stage takeover as well as the Shogun Audio one. The mixture of reggea, dub, dubstep, drum & bass and house was just way too epic.

Offline VeganeBrodwärschd

• formerly known as Senti
  • Veteran Member
  • also known as Alteryo
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »
Has XXYYXX been already posted in this thread ? If not, dudes only 17 years old and started two years ago, do the math.

XXYYXX - Alone

XXYYXX - About You [directed by VASH] HD

XXYYXX - LUV U GRL pt.2

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2012, 07:08:31 AM »
http://soundcloud.com/forddnb/joe-ford-behemoth-lifted

No real idea of my own that how could one dance to the intro of this beast, but the rest of the track is dance-able   :lol:

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2012, 09:06:41 AM »
Akufen - Deck The House

This one is genius. Akufen is a Canadian DJ who at some point locked himself in a farmstead somewhere in the north of Canada in winter and set up about 11 tracks just listening radio and combining some short voices and beats he recorded from it. (everything is explained in the top commentary on youtube). I just love listening this tune.  :wub:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:11:28 AM by Ed »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal