Author Topic: GTAStunting League History  (Read 24258 times)

Offline Laketown

• Board Mods
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
GTAStunting League History
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 11:46:32 AM »
Even though it's in a seperate section, maybe the SASL? so we don't have 2 threads when the SASL only has 2 comps.

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »
Quote from: Sweet
Even though it's in a seperate section, maybe the SASL? so we don't have 2 threads when the SASL only has 2 comps.
Hmm, it would feel pretty wrong to have SASL stuff in the VCSL section though. Is it possible to have a topic in two subforums at the same time?

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 01:01:03 PM »
Quote from: Tackleberry
Summary of the league layout:
Knock-out rounds with single challenges until there were two stunters left, no loser rounds. The final objective was to pick 10 challenges from the previous matches in the tournament and make a short video out of them. Both SA and VC were allowed in this league, but the matches were mostly in VC. Teleporters and such mods were not allowed in this competition.

Daffy picked 15 0.o

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »
Quote from: donfikeegd
Daffy picked 15 0.o
The challenge was probably "at least 10" then, I don't remember exactly and there's no thread left to check.

Thanks for telling.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:06:17 PM by Tackleberry »

Offline Laketown

• Board Mods
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 01:13:48 PM »
Hmm, it would feel pretty wrong to have SASL stuff in the VCSL section though. Is it possible to have a topic in two subforums at the same time?
couldn't it be possible to move this topic over to the SA section, pin it and move it back, so when you click it, it transports to the thread in this forum?

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »
couldn't it be possible to move this topic over to the SA section, pin it and move it back, so when you click it, it transports to the thread in this forum?
Yeah, I thought of that too, should be possible.

Sweet, do you think you can use the "template" I used for the leagues in the first post and write the stuff for the SASL's (then send them to me via PM)? I'm not so updated on those, so I would have a hard time writing everything. After that some mod probably could move it like you suggested.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:50:47 PM by Tackleberry »

Offline Brulla

• Veteran Member
  • Chris
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 01:51:34 PM »
Not really necessary in my opinion. Better to just have two different topics to keep it simple and clear.

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »
When thinking about it more, I agree with Brulla. It wouldn't hurt at all to have two separate topics. Making both leagues in one could only make it confusing.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »
Quote from: donfikeegd
Daffy picked 15 0.o
The challenge was probably "at least 10" then, I don't remember exactly and there's no thread left to check.

Thanks for telling.
I think it was at least 6 or 8.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 06:24:29 PM »
I could probably get some rough finishing date estimates, if you want them...

SL1: The "date modified" on the video I have on my computer of Daffy's grand-final submission is 15th October '05, and the "date modified" on the video I have on my computer of Kan's grand-final submission is the 16th October '05. So, the end would be sometime around then? Perhaps + a few days for voting?

SL2: The "date modified" on my stuff (a screenshot, a video, and two reps) for the grand final of this comp is all dated at 15th October 2006. That seems to "fit" with the fact that I also have the reps from the BK vs Hunt semi-final, where both the stunts there are dated at 4th October 2006. Also, in my folder of stuff for my grand-final submission I seem to have a text document which looks like a copy of the post I made at the end of the comp (thanking the organisers and such) and this is dated at 18th October 2006. Seeing as the content of that text file implies that the comp is over, that means there was about 3 days after the submissions before voting was completed - that sounds about right... So a comp finish date of the 18th seems fitting?

SL3: The final challenge was posted on the 30th May 2007 and its official running time was 10 days. I can see a post in that topic by NoAP confirming that Daff was the winner made on the 9th June 2007. NoAP's wrap-up and final thoughts thread (posted after the comp was definitely over) was made on 11th June 2007. So that's gotta be the rough ending date?

EDIT:

Oooh, so close, yet so far, to bringing back some SL1 memories...
http://web.petabox.bibalex.org/web/2005102...p?showforum=111

Trying to go to the Stunt Contests sub-forum doesn't work, and neither does expanding the page to see topics "from the beginning". Hmm, if one of the mods has access to a forum backup from that long ago (Oct/Nov '05), then that'd be cool, as we'd actually be able to check it out. Sure, none of the download links would work anymore, but it'd be kinda cool to have a record of the structure of the comp, how it panned out throughout the comp, the challenges and such.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:41:17 PM by Dannye »

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 09:16:22 PM »
If possible you may want to include the brackets as well. I don't know how much info is available from the first GTASL though.

If possible you may want to include the brackets as well. I don't know how much info is available from the first GTASL though.

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 12:05:06 AM »
Great job Dannye, I'll add your dates until someone finds the correct ones (but your seems correct, shouldn't be more than a few days you could be wrong about).

Awesome to see that "THE FINAL DAFFY VS. KANEDA!"-title, quite frustrating though.

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 02:26:55 AM »
nice..i enjoyed reading it

Offline dust_N_bone

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 03:10:55 AM »
The final objective was to pick at least 10 challenges from the previous matches in the tournament and make a short video out of them.

best objective ever made

Offline KIDwild

• what?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 03:46:11 AM »
OMG! nice work Tackleberry

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal