Author Topic: New to VC  (Read 2409 times)

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
New to VC
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:56:08 AM »
Well, I'm going to start stunting at VC. I was wondering if someone could explain some rules and stuff, I only know about FL and Gravity Mods.  :cheersad:

Oh and also, if anyone could share me a tip/advice - it would be appreciated.  :a-cheer:

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
Re: New to VC
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »
Thats pretty bad if you start in VC and only know something about gravity modding, thats a bad beginning :lol:

anyways there is not much to tell about, just stunt and you will learn it the best way by yourself...

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:19:01 AM »
Gravity mods are never a good idea.. dunno what you did in SA that makes you say this but .. well.. Fl-on is a must. If you stunt fl-off replays are really really slow and your height gets out of control. You should know about north roads. Pulling a wheelie facing north is a lot harder then pulling a wheelie facing south. West and east are pretty okay but can be hard to get a good wheelie with. VC is harder to get into then SA. Atleast it was for me. Rading is a thing you need to learn but practise makes you better at that. I am probably forgetting a whole lot but I am sure other people cna help you further.

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »
Sorry to ask a question to, but i'm also new to stunting in general, can someone let me know what fl-on means? I've had a look around and can't find anything about it.

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 10:29:51 AM »
The Frame Limiter must be on, in the advanced video settings, it locks the framerate to 30 fps & is a common rule of VC in order to keep the stunts fair & good looking.

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »
No FL Off. No Gravity mods. No 3rd vehicle. No unreachable roof used as run ups, unless previously landed with the used vehicle. No lame stunts. No shit sherlock.

Avoid weird stuckies, unless you wanna be laughed at. (And pointed out)

Learn to stunt with the PCJ : Fast over bumpiness and easy to fall , then have a go at the Sanchez  which handles a lot differently : more bumpy, easy to handle than fast and you can fire up a Freeway : Slow, hard to handle but can pull off unexpected bumps or heights.

It's not SA, so don't try to land every palm you see or mod every roof you spot.

You're ready  :cc_detective:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:29:45 AM by Darkyy »

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »
The Frame Limiter must be on, in the advanced video settings, it locks the framerate to 30 fps & is a common rule of VC in order to keep the stunts fair & good looking.
Right I get it now, cheers.

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 11:40:21 AM »
@Darkyy that goes to my sig :lol: :lol:

I'll quote some of my comments I made before helping guys with stunting plus editing, gimme a sec.

e/ check this out, apart of my comments there are some others that are also helpful
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:01:10 PM by Ltab »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »
Disable Frame Limiter, it gives your game its full potential to get you the desired height/distance in a stunt and it won't look laggy.

Use three cars even if it's not necessary, you'll look resourceful and know what you're doing to accomplish a stunt.

Ignore the shit about the north bug, you can easily fix that with a low setting of gravity mods. It's a special case so it's allowed.

And what Darkyy said about doing lame stunts, I agree on that. :ninja:

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 01:11:10 PM »
Also, no offense, but 95% of the stunts you land in the future have already been landed before, just so you know. You couldn't have picked a worse time to start stunting in VC, it's moving on it's last fumes at the moment.

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »
Also, no offense, but 95% of the stunts you land in the future have already been landed before, just so you know. You couldn't have picked a worse time to start stunting in VC, it's moving on it's last fumes at the moment.

This is why I keep stunting, to show this kind of people that there are plenity of spots left to land.

Offline GINSENGXXX

• Dakar
  • xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »
Gravity mods are never a good idea.. dunno what you did in SA that makes you say this but .. well.. Fl-on is a must. If you stunt fl-off replays are really really slow and your height gets out of control. You should know about north roads. Pulling a wheelie facing north is a lot harder then pulling a wheelie facing south. West and east are pretty okay but can be hard to get a good wheelie with. VC is harder to get into then SA. Atleast it was for me. Rading is a thing you need to learn but practise makes you better at that. I am probably forgetting a whole lot but I am sure other people cna help you further.
never never use gravmod man
is fine to use when I use gravmod put it in the stunting and all I was criticized here is the video and post
Bumblead
http://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=59701.0

Offline PK

• Misanthrope
  • Satan's Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 02:24:46 AM »
Thanks guys for the advice, and who said I would ever mod? :lol: Yeah, I know I've started VC stunting in the wrong times, but I haven't done it for a long time. And come someone explain the 3 vehicle thing more clearly?

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 02:32:27 AM »
Just don't use more than 2 vehicles since it couldn't be done without USCM.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 02:33:15 AM »
Unless it looks cool.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal