Author Topic: Ultimate Stunters Main SCM  (Read 268963 times)

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Stunters Main SCM
« Reply #1215 on: August 05, 2021, 06:22:25 PM »
New Features:
  • Teleport Load Always Cut Replay - toggle whether you want all teleport loads to do this or not (when off it will still do it for foot-to-car teleports as always) (ported from SA)
This will save a ton of time for things like taxi stunts where I sometimes just forget to get out and then force the editor to look at 10-15 tries before the landing. If you can fix the bug where your rotation speed is kept and/or you instantly bail after teleporting that would be the all my wishes granted  :D I have even developed an automatic habit of teleporting twice to get around it. Anyway, awesome additions!

that happens to me very often, but I gotten used to it.  :lol:

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 06, 2021, 12:49:59 AM »
(re: the momentum/rotation speed being sometimes kept after a teleport load)
Haha yeah I had gotten so used to it as well that honestly it never even occurred to me to try and fix it!
So today I have been trying to finally sort it out and I think I've been successful, yay!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 07:07:00 AM by Dannye »

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #1217 on: August 06, 2021, 04:37:59 AM »
I think I recall people telling me how to utilize that back in the day, but I never did, I just named shit "BorgnineBoost2RoofAttempt14" lol sorry editors.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #1218 on: August 06, 2021, 05:28:28 AM »
I mean Dannye did kindly mock up a version of that replay cutting thing for me a while back purely to make stunting in rhinos a lot easier, as I had to constantly get out and back in after each attempt.

It's honestly so much better for replays.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 06, 2021, 07:04:57 AM »
Yup, its so much more convenient - sometimes I'd be doing car stunts where to try and get a cleaner rep I'd jump out every so often, or hammer F3 between attempts, but quite often I just couldn't be bothered, so this will be much nicer. That said - and I never thought I'd make this mistake - but a few months ago I was doing a car stunt where I did indeed accidentally trigger a teleport after landing it (I found myself often holding handbrake during the landing part, and when I finally got it, to get a better look at my landing spot I hit look-right, and bam, teleport load!). Needless to say I was thankful I hadn't yet been using this feature, so instead of a lost stunt I just have one with a very abrupt ending :lol: . I gotta be more careful now!

A little bit more progress:

• Jetpack bugfix is out. Caused more problems than it fixed, infact I am no longer sure it fixed anything. So goodbye to that.
  • Teleport Load momentum/rotation cancelling is in, so say hello to this instead, with thanks to Rainbow :) . Foot-to-car and in-car loads should both be improved in this department - the teleport should now always put you exactly where its supposed to. And yep, no more cases of an on-bike teleport load taking you off it (usually because it was triggered moments before a collision) - that shouldn't happen anymore either.

Always nice to add something if I have to take something away :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 07:11:34 AM by Dannye »

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 06, 2021, 08:44:25 AM »
Does anyone else have issues with old uscm and new version having replays crashing? I stunt with new version and sent my stunts to editor (SkilZ) and replay crashes every time press F3.
I sent my uscm files and still same issue... what is going on?

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #1221 on: August 06, 2021, 09:33:04 AM »
  • Teleport Load momentum/rotation cancelling is in, so say hello to this instead, with thanks to Rainbow :) . Foot-to-car and in-car loads should both be improved in this department - the teleport should now always put you exactly where its supposed to. And yep, no more cases of an on-bike teleport load taking you off it (usually because it was triggered moments before a collision) - that shouldn't happen anymore either.
:cheernutz:

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 06, 2021, 08:44:11 PM »
Does anyone else have issues with old uscm and new version having replays crashing? I stunt with new version and sent my stunts to editor (SkilZ) and replay crashes every time press F3.
I sent my uscm files and still same issue... what is going on?

Damn, sorry to hear that. I've tried replicating this on my end (playing back replays created on v7 uscm's while running on an older version) but haven't seen any resulting crashes. Since it sounds like they still occur when you have provided the exact scm you were using then I guess something else is likely the cause? Sadly I have no idea what.

The closest thing I have experienced to this is with my copy of LC. Whenever I start a new game in LC and immediately try to load a replay, the game will 100% crash every time the replay stops. I'm pretty sure however this is just an issue with my copy of LC, as it happens even when I run the original scm it came with, and regardless of whether I use new/old replays. Thankfully the solution for me is to just to wait and move around a little bit before trying to playback any replays (or normally I'd just load from a savegame instead of a newgame), as then all is good.

As for the issue you're having, I'm not sure what to suggest re trying to solve it, best I can think to do is try and see if we can narrow it down at all:
  • Does every single one of your reps you've sent to SkilZ cause a crash, or only some of them? If only some, does it seem related to which map/mod they were created in (and/or the vehicles involved)?
  • Presumably SkilZ has no trouble watching back reps of their own stunts, and it's only an issue with yours? Is there someone else whose reps could be tried out on SkilZ's system to see if they trigger crashes too?
  • Since you've already tried having SkilZ watch your replays with the exact same scm you use, and it still cause crashes, how about the other way around? If SkilZ can send you the scm they normally use, you create a replay file using it, send it back, and then see if that replay crashes for SkilZ?
  • Do the crashes occur immediately on first pressing F3 to start viewing the replay, or only on pressing F3 a second time to end the replay (or when it ends naturally)?
  • If you'd like, you could also send me an example of one of the problematic replays (and maybe even the old scm that SkilZ normally uses) and I could see if it works on my end.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 20, 2021, 08:07:47 PM »
Vice City USCM v7b is out now!

Download it from here: (includes source code)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-stunters-scm/downloads/vice-city-uscm-v7b

See description of changes/additions here: (post updated since originally made)
https://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=9046.msg1373340#msg1373340
(for a more in-depth changelog, see the documentation included in the download)

With thanks to Rainbow and Kingjad for their suggestions/advice which helped improve this release  :happy:

Happy stunting!
(but do be careful with the "All Teleport Loads Cut Replay" feature... accidentally triggering a teleport after a successful stunt with it enabled would be a damn shame - this is also why the feature is off by default; though note that even when off, replay cuts will still occur when doing a foot-to-car teleport, as they always have with all prior versions of the mod)

Offline Interface6135

• View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 31, 2021, 09:55:49 PM »
Crashes when I load into a game... It is downgraded to 1.0 of course, none of my mods I have should be making it crash, just a widescreen & gui fix and already removed a cheat menu. Tried it on a clean copy and it didn't work, then crashed my PC right after I closed it. Not sure what the issue could be. :(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:00:06 PM by Interface6135 »

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: September 01, 2021, 02:06:37 AM »
Are you trying to load from an existing savegame? The one issue with scm mods like this (at least the way I write them) is they are not compatible with savegames that were created using different scm files. When you first use it you will need to start a New Game to avoid any crashes (you can then create save games from that point on and they will work fine). Hopefully that's the issue/solution here, as otherwise I am not sure at the moment what else could be the cause.

Offline Interface6135

• View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 01, 2021, 02:40:53 AM »
Are you trying to load from an existing savegame? The one issue with scm mods like this (at least the way I write them) is they are not compatible with savegames that were created using different scm files. When you first use it you will need to start a New Game to avoid any crashes (you can then create save games from that point on and they will work fine). Hopefully that's the issue/solution here, as otherwise I am not sure at the moment what else could be the cause.

Should of tried that, it works, thank you!

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 28, 2022, 09:59:39 AM »
Sorry for not replying dannye.

Well overall its the button mappings and just the new functions in general that i dont understand

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 28, 2023, 01:38:00 AM »
A new minor release of the San Andreas USCM, v4b:

San Andreas USCM v4b, via ModDB

And I do mean minor, containing:
  • A few feature updates/fixes to be consistent with VC USCM improvements made since the last SA release (eg. teleport momentum carryover prevention, and the less-limited Limited variant)
  • The official inclusion of an enhanced Stats Overlay feature (not just off/on now, but a few different modes, and one being equivalent to VC's custom 'Simple Stats' USCMs)
  • The bundling of equivalent USCMs for both the SA map-mods of Alien City and GTA United.

See the included documentation for specifics.
(Also, for reference, details from the original v4 release: Changelog, Video)

Note that you may prefer to continue using your existing USCM version instead - if you don't need these updates and/or don't want to lose support for any of your current savegames (because, as always, this newest release will likely not be compatible with the savegames of any prior ones).

If you encounter any issues please let me know.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 01:49:47 AM by Dannye »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1229 on: March 28, 2023, 05:18:33 AM »
Dannye the GOAT ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal