Author Topic: Ultimate Stunters Main SCM  (Read 268964 times)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Stunters Main SCM
« Reply #1200 on: March 13, 2021, 04:28:51 AM »
Progress Update - San Andreas (yes, finally!):

I've been working on updating the aging SA-engine USCM code-base, with the goal to incorporate all the improvements/additions (where appropriate) from the various VC-engine USCM releases that have been made since the last time I did any work on the SA one, which was a very long time ago. The main overhaul of the code (which includes the new syntax, efficiency improvements, streamlining, and being much easier to manage/modify) is complete, as is the porting over of all the VC feature improvements and additions (better flexibility on input device, better jetpack movement options, more spawners, save-on-demand, and more - that I'll write-up into a changelog at some point).

Regarding SA-specific changes, I am planning a potential new feature to assist with those who wish to take advantage of perfect-north bike flipping (probably a modifier on Teleport Load behaviour: when the toggle is enabled, any on/to-bike Teleport Location loads within some degrees either side of perfect-north will instead load you at perfect-north). I have also made some changes to the NOS/Hydraulics features, which are significant enough changes to the existing SA USCM functionality that I would like to describe them here, and invite any feedback.
  • Previously:
    • TRIGGER NOS only worked on vehicles where it was NOS was installed via the USCM's own feature for doing so (or Taxi's). It wouldn't work if installed via a mod garage. In addition, sometimes it would even fail to work on vehicles where NOS had been installed by the USCM feature for doing it (most common to occur when swapping between multiple cars).
    • ADD NOS + HYDRAULICS was a single combined feature, adding them both as a package - you could not opt for just one without the other. In addition it wasn't a toggle, so they could not be subsequently removed. The biggest issue with this feature however is that it was 'dumb', it did only the bare minimum to try and prevent attaching these components to vehicles that shouldn't have them. Thus there were many vehicles which did not properly support them and yet this feature would add them (for some, the game would ignore the request, which is okay; for others it would follow-through, adding them to the vehicles it shouldn't, which is definitely against the idea of the USCM).
  • Now:
    • TRIGGER NOS will always work if the vehicle has a NOS component installed, regardless of how/when tit was done.
    • 1 feature, "ADD NOS + HYDRAULICS", splits into two separate ones, "TOGGLE NOS" and "TOGGLE HYDRAULICS". They each act as toggles now, so the components can be removed as well as added. They now also fully abide by each vehicle's proper support for such components, never adding them unless it is naturally supported in-game.
      • Special case: Taxi-type vehicles will, as always with the USCM, have NOS equipped, and as such this feature will not affect that
      • Special case: Despite the Sandking reporting as not supporting Hydraulics, and being unable to be modified at a Mod-shop to add it, I have included an exception to allow the USCM install it, if requested, because one of its specific 'parked car' spawn locations for (under the satellite dish in the desert) can legitimately spawn one with HYDRAULICS included. [If you know any other vehicles that may need a similar exception, let me know]

Okay, that'll do for now, there's still lots to do, but I am happy with how things are going, and I'll try to keep you all informed as things continue. And again, any feedback is welcome, even in regards to the VC versions (especially since I have incorporated most of the latest work from them into this). If there was something in them you weren't a fan of, let me know - perhaps it was a mistake I can fix, or something I shouldn't have changed, something I need to better explain in the documentation, or something I can assist with you making your own customisations, who knows.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 04:30:41 AM by Dannye »

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 13, 2021, 02:39:35 PM »
Thank you for your work and for making it better, more 'user friendly' for us even in 2021, after such a long time!

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 27, 2021, 06:37:10 PM »
Cheers Diaz!  :happy:

All desired features/improvements have now been coded, and I've just finished setting up the different button-combo variants. All that's left is to test those variants to make sure they work as intended, and then to deal with the documentation side of things. Until then, here's some more highlights of the upcoming release...

Brand New Stuff:
  • NOS + Hydraulics can be toggled separately, and they both work more reliably and properly now (see my previous post for info)
  • Bike Teleport Snap-to-North (when loading a teleport location in/onto a bike, if the saved location's angle was within 15degrees of North and this feature is enabled, it will load you at perfect-north instead)
  • See current/previous car (use when on foot to get camera to go and aim/follow the coresponding vehicle; toggle on/off or switch between them; example use = see what happened to vehicle after you bailed from it during a stunt). With thanks to Nitz on this one!
  • Always cut replay on teleport load (the USCM has always cut replays on foot-to-car teleport loads, and still does; but if enabled, this makes it so it will cut the replay no matter what kind of teleport is performed)
  • Show Stats Overlay (when enabled, constantly shows the coordinates/angle of player/active-car on screen; also shows vehicle speed + health subject to availability)
(these last 3 I'll be porting into the VC USCM for a future update too)

Some of the other stuff brought over from VC USCM:
  • Save Game at any time (if not on a mission). And note that savegames will save the state of many of the USCMs features, the status of toggles, your teleport locations, etc.
  • All 8 vehicle spawners (customised for vehicles appropriate for SA stunting, as best I could) + the Random Vehicle spawner feature
  • Toggle Last/Previous Vehicle Preference (will be utilised by other features that are triggered on-foot and interact with your last-used vehicle, letting them interact with your 2nd-last-used one instead; I have found it handy with secondary-vehicle-setup stunts where you need to reset its position every few attempts)
  • Jetpack has more movement options, can be triggered underwater, and it (nor being in the water) prevents you from using any other features anymore
  • Weather changing now consistently cycles through all available weather types rather than being random
  • All variants of the USCM will work regardless of your input device (k/m or gamepad). The only reason to preference one variant vs the other (other than familiarity for what you've always used up until now) should now be which has button combos that work best for your button mappings.
  • Significantly improved source code (to be included in the release), which should be easier than ever to customise if you would like to do so.

If I can, I might try to mock up a video to show off some of this stuff, for anyone who'd like to see some of the new features in action.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 06:39:25 PM by Dannye »

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #1203 on: March 28, 2021, 07:12:02 PM »
Cheers Diaz!  :happy:

All desired features/improvements have now been coded, and I've just finished setting up the different button-combo variants. All that's left is to test those variants to make sure they work as intended, and then to deal with the documentation side of things. Until then, here's some more highlights of the upcoming release...

Brand New Stuff:
  • NOS + Hydraulics can be toggled separately, and they both work more reliably and properly now (see my previous post for info)
  • Bike Teleport Snap-to-North (when loading a teleport location in/onto a bike, if the saved location's angle was within 15degrees of North and this feature is enabled, it will load you at perfect-north instead)
  • See current/previous car (use when on foot to get camera to go and aim/follow the coresponding vehicle; toggle on/off or switch between them; example use = see what happened to vehicle after you bailed from it during a stunt). With thanks to Nitz on this one!
  • Always cut replay on teleport load (the USCM has always cut replays on foot-to-car teleport loads, and still does; but if enabled, this makes it so it will cut the replay no matter what kind of teleport is performed)
  • Show Stats Overlay (when enabled, constantly shows the coordinates/angle of player/active-car on screen; also shows vehicle speed + health subject to availability)
(these last 3 I'll be porting into the VC USCM for a future update too)

Some of the other stuff brought over from VC USCM:
  • Save Game at any time (if not on a mission). And note that savegames will save the state of many of the USCMs features, the status of toggles, your teleport locations, etc.
  • All 8 vehicle spawners (customised for vehicles appropriate for SA stunting, as best I could) + the Random Vehicle spawner feature
  • Toggle Last/Previous Vehicle Preference (will be utilised by other features that are triggered on-foot and interact with your last-used vehicle, letting them interact with your 2nd-last-used one instead; I have found it handy with secondary-vehicle-setup stunts where you need to reset its position every few attempts)
  • Jetpack has more movement options, can be triggered underwater, and it (nor being in the water) prevents you from using any other features anymore
  • Weather changing now consistently cycles through all available weather types rather than being random
  • All variants of the USCM will work regardless of your input device (k/m or gamepad). The only reason to preference one variant vs the other (other than familiarity for what you've always used up until now) should now be which has button combos that work best for your button mappings.
  • Significantly improved source code (to be included in the release), which should be easier than ever to customise if you would like to do so.

If I can, I might try to mock up a video to show off some of this stuff, for anyone who'd like to see some of the new features in action.

Still not on my PC yet but looking forward!

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 02, 2021, 10:36:46 PM »
:a-cheer: San Andreas USCM v4 is out now! :cheernutz:

Download it from here:(includes source code)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-stunters-scm-for-san-andreas/downloads/san-andreas-uscm-v4

Watch a video highlighting some of the changes/additions here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYOljO71vs0

See description of changes/additions here:
https://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=9046.msg1372071#msg1372071
(for a more in-depth changelog, see the documentation included in the download)

It's been a (very) long time since SA stunters had any reason to check back here for updates, so for anyone reading this, if you would like to give a heads-up to anyone else you know might be interested, please do, cheers!

Happy stunting!

(I'll make some updates to the 1st-post in a little bit)

Offline Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 03, 2021, 02:59:17 AM »
:a-cheer: San Andreas USCM v4 is out now! :cheernutz:

Download it from here:(includes source code)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-stunters-scm-for-san-andreas/downloads/san-andreas-uscm-v4

Watch a video highlighting some of the changes/additions here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYOljO71vs0

See description of changes/additions here:
https://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?topic=9046.msg1372071#msg1372071
(for a more in-depth changelog, see the documentation included in the download)

It's been a (very) long time since SA stunters had any reason to check back here for updates, so for anyone reading this, if you would like to give a heads-up to anyone else you know might be interested, please do, cheers!

Happy stunting!

(I'll make some updates to the 1st-post in a little bit)

thank you so much dude, it works fantastic!

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 05, 2021, 11:00:58 AM »
keybinds?

Offline Ezraph2001

• View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #1207 on: May 05, 2021, 12:17:36 PM »
keybinds?

I think you can find them in the zip file as Documentation.html or something

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 07, 2021, 04:44:13 AM »
Already found it ehehhehe but i prefer the old scm im more comfertable with it

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 07, 2021, 06:24:21 AM »
thank you so much dude, it works fantastic!
Thanks Erney, I'm very happy to hear it!

Already found it ehehhehe but i prefer the old scm im more comfertable with it
Do you mean an older version of this scm mod, or one made by someone else?

If you mean this one, I'd be curious to hear what makes the older version more preferable for you, if you don't mind me asking. Were there new features introduced that are problematic, changes made to existing features for the worse, or was it in regard to the button mappings? I certainly don't recall making much in the way of changes to the controls over the years - other than in-car Water Respawn (which I doubt gets much use, since Teleporters are more useful), and additional combos being added for new features (perhaps I picked buttons for these that were inconvenient for certain setups?). My intention has been to try and keep things consistent, which is why at a certain point I started including additional 'variants' within the project, so I could experiment with different controls while still supporting the original ones.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 06:26:49 AM by Dannye »

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 23, 2021, 06:26:41 AM »
Hi Dannye! Thanks for the hard work on the USCM over the years and especially the recent additions. It is great that you have found the time to update the code and include the source code snippets.

Something that may interest you is PluginSDK: https://github.com/DK22Pac/plugin-sdk, This is a development kit for all the GTA games from III to SA for C++. You can create cross-compatible code for the games as they use mostly the same engine. It is very useful as you can directly access the entities of the game and all their fields and methods. You can also directly call script/native functions.

I've been using it for various project and recently I made my own version of your USCM using this plugin. I mostly just copied the functionality I use most from the USCM and wrote it myself using PluginSDK. The code is available here: https://github.com/ReynoldsGTA/StuntingScript

It might be interesting for you and especially the stunting community to port your USCM to PluginSDK. We can then more easily work on the code collectively, as it can be contained in a simple C++ project and shared on GitHub or similar. Anyways, the code may be of use to you or someone else so I thought I should share it.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 04, 2021, 02:34:58 AM »
Thanks Reynolds, and cheers for the heads up about that plugin, it looks quite comprehensive! I can certainly see the advantages of a USCM developed via that approach, and I quite like the look of what you have setup with it so far. The thought of no longer having to worry about incompatible savegames, nor maintaining separate code for each of the map-mods/game-engines, plus the potential for increased customisation (re keybinds, supported features, defaults, etc) and incorporation of functionality that wouldn't be feasible via basic scm (there's definitely a few Freeplay things that'd be handy while stunting; also the potential to print text on screen without needing to mess with american.gxt)... it all sounds rather lovely.

While I feel like I might not be up for attaching myself to such an undertaking in any major capacity, I'd be more than happy for anyone to have a go at it (and perhaps I could take a more relaxed role along the lines of testing, minor contributions, etc), then we could have it promoted in this thread as an alternate/enhanced version of the USCM.

Regarding the current status of the USCM, for anyone curious, my only plans at the moment for pending updates is one more minor one to the VC-engine release, bringing it up to par with some of the additions I made for the more recent SA USCM. The changes would be:
  • New Feature: Toggle Always Cut Replay on Teleport Load
  • New Feature: Toggle Stats Overlay (coords, angle, car speed, car health)
  • New Feature: Show 2nd/last Used Vehicle
  • Control Change: Toggle Last Vehicle Preference having an extra key in its combo
  • Other: Possible improvements to loading/LOD stuff for SAiVC
  • (Edit) Other: Possible fix to jetpack sometimes not holding your height properly and constantly dropping down (hard to say whether fix will work as I can't replicate the bug reliably, it just happens 'sometimes'... if anyone experiences it enough to find a way to reliably trigger it, let me know, then I can better test the potential fix)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 07:54:19 PM by Dannye »

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 04, 2021, 06:58:12 PM »
VC USCM v7b is in-progress and nearing completion.
Here's a look at the changes/updates implemented:

New Features:
  • Show Prior Vehicle - have camera go and look at your vehicle/s while you are on foot (ported from SA)
  • Teleport Load Always Cut Replay - toggle whether you want all teleport loads to do this or not (when off it will still do it for foot-to-car teleports as always) (ported from SA)
  • Show Stats - display player coords/angle and car speed/health on screen (ported from SA)
  • Teleport Loads Can Respawn Lost Vehicles - toggle whether on-foot loads should try and do a foot-to-car load even when the assoc car is unavailable (eg. despawned), instead spawning a replacement to use (note this can even work after loading a savegame to restore the vehicle you'd last used when the savegame was made)
  • Get Out Of Car When In Water - always-on access to the standard "Exit Vehicle" button/functionality to leave your in/underwater vehicle (normally prevented by the game)

Modified Features:
  • Set Prior Vehicle Preference - button combo to trigger this toggle now includes extra button (was Aim+Action, now Aim+Action+Left, to free up combos for the other new features) (ported from SA)
  • Water Respawn - now more useful in map-mods without paths (like SAiVC). In these cases, instead of placing you in the same useless/undesired location (x=0, y=0, z=0) every time, it will take you out of the vehicle and automatically enable jetpack

Bug Fixes:
  • Show Stats - now ensures correct display of negative sign for X/Y coords between 0 and -1
  • SAiVC loading improvements - still takes "quick" approach as per previous release, now hopefully reducing any issues relating to low-quality "LOD" models not being updated to their proper versions when you get close to them
  • Teleport Loads - reduced/removed cases of pre-teleport vehicle rotation/momentum affecting the teleport destination position/angle; plus no more being taken off your bike by a teleport load triggered just before you were about to fall off it
  • Vehicle Vulnerability - a "vulnerable" tank is now correctly invulnerable to bullets, as that's how tanks are supposed to be (like they are with explosions - which the USCM was already handling correctly)

Other:
  • The 'Legacy' variant finally includes support for a number of additional features from the primary USCM feature-set that it was missing (still doesn't cover everything, but gains quite a few that it was missing)
  • Removal of some more unnecessary pickups in the Vice City version (the "you cannot purchase this property yet" ones)
  • Just a note: The USCM's "Save Game" feature, present since v7, is sadly useless in some copies of SAiVC where the main menu entries to get to "Load Game" have been stripped out. While outside the scope of the SCM, it should be possible to restore these menu items, allowing you to load saved games in SAiVC again (I have been able to do this, though without much testing nor the knowledge of why it was removed, so I can't be sure whether this is a good idea or not)

Coming soon :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 03:07:47 AM by Dannye »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #1213 on: August 05, 2021, 09:33:44 AM »
New Features:
  • Teleport Load Always Cut Replay - toggle whether you want all teleport loads to do this or not (when off it will still do it for foot-to-car teleports as always) (ported from SA)
This will save a ton of time for things like taxi stunts where I sometimes just forget to get out and then force the editor to look at 10-15 tries before the landing. If you can fix the bug where your rotation speed is kept and/or you instantly bail after teleporting that would be the all my wishes granted  :D I have even developed an automatic habit of teleporting twice to get around it. Anyway, awesome additions!

Offline Ezraph2001

• View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #1214 on: August 05, 2021, 06:07:51 PM »
New Features:
This will save a ton of time for things like taxi stunts where I sometimes just forget to get out and then force the editor to look at 10-15 tries before the landing. If you can fix the bug where your rotation speed is kept and/or you instantly bail after teleporting that would be the all my wishes granted  :D I have even developed an automatic habit of teleporting twice to get around it. Anyway, awesome additions!

I FUCKING AGREE can't wait for this shit to drop

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal