Author Topic: The AllBeast Method.  (Read 16590 times)

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: The AllBeast Method.
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2022, 05:19:17 AM »
just for statistics, that last landing on ship grind with rotation taked 500 attempts from me to make it like that, multiple it to 1 minute for try or more and now you can see how "easy" it was
And for the record, I hope I was clear in saying how what you were doing certainly was not 'easy'. But I still feel it isn't right, either, not in terms of what I consider to be legitimate, unmodded stunting.

It still made life easier for yourself in achieving what you were after.

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2022, 05:21:03 AM »
Using your sort of logic, teleporting a vehicle to a roof is an acceptable method of achieving a stunt.

That's how I interpret what you're saying anyway.

Not really a fair comparison. The stunt is still being 'achieved' by the player. They're just effectively manipulating time to break it down into smaller chunks.  :lol:

By the 'stunt iteself' I mean what we see in the video. Generally videos will not show multiple attempts or how it was setup. So the 'stunt' for everyone but the stuntee is just gonna be that section of the gameplay where no tools are being used. I'm not trying to say that stunting on console isn't harder, that's not my point. I'm literally saying that these are time saving tools. My point is that using save states is on a different level to what we have been doing.

I don't know. I generally work on the assumption that any stuck method you see in a video has had tool assistance. In that sense a tool is being used. And equally savestates are a time saving tool. Regardless the closest analogy to this is segmented speedruns, and those are a seperate catagory, because yeah the method is extremely impactful and not really in the same spirit as single segment runs.

Offline 64gigsofWolfRam

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2022, 05:25:08 AM »
another thing: still waiting for fckr to post his method (which is actual modding)

Thanks pasha it's always good to hear from a fan.Sadly you wouldn't be able to understand my so called "method" because it requires you to be a real stunter with close to 15 years of experience and never modding a single stunt  :ajaja:

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2022, 05:31:41 AM »
can we create new category on the forum and name it by my nickname?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2022, 05:33:20 AM »
By the 'stunt iteself' I mean what we see in the video. Generally videos will not show multiple attempts or how it was setup. So the 'stunt' for everyone but the stuntee is just gonna be that section of the gameplay where no tools are being used. I'm not trying to say that stunting on console isn't harder, that's not my point. I'm literally saying that these are time saving tools. My point is that using save states is on a different level to what we have been doing.

I don't know. I generally work on the assumption that any stuck method you see in a video has had tool assistance. In that sense a tool is being used. And equally savestates are a time saving tool. Regardless the closest analogy to this is segmented speedruns, and those are a seperate catagory, because yeah the method is extremely impactful and not really in the same spirit as single segment runs.
Which is a fair assumption, but it is only an assumption. For me, whenever I do a stuck method, I will always set it up legit once, so I know that it is possible. If it's a good setup maybe I'll make a save game with it so I can go back to it. I know others who do the same.

And I'm pretty sure this would be categorized as TAS. Segmented is usually done by playing a section in full, usually from one loading zone to another. And hide a cut in-between, I think a segmented stunt would be clip/replay splicing. Just taking the best part of multiple attempts and edit them together into what looks like one continuous clip. This clearly is tools used to create one continuous section of gameplay without any cuts.

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2022, 05:50:33 AM »
And I'm pretty sure this would be categorized as TAS. Segmented is usually done by playing a section in full, usually from one loading zone to another. And hide a cut in-between, I think a segmented stunt would be clip/replay splicing. Just taking the best part of multiple attempts and edit them together into what looks like one continuous clip. This clearly is tools used to create one continuous section of gameplay without any cuts.

Depends what you consider a 'section' I guess.

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2022, 05:57:13 AM »
HL 20:41 run by quadrazid was legendary and still shocking in terms of given attention, patience, skill and invented methods, even tho it was a scripted run, same goes to AllBeast's videos for me, it's one of the best things were made, in my opinion and i respect this kind of art he made.
Im so sad seeing people talk about stunts he did were lamed by using this method - guys, just go and land them, and only when you will land them, talk something. I think you really don't get the point of his videos, if he wanted, he could land more basic stunts and you would never know about this method at all, but it was a gift from genius, it pushed the activity, just bringed the life one more time to debate and speak about something, it was fun for him, but also good for us, and at least from my self, i want to thank him for sharing it and respect him for inventing something new.
About legitimacy of this method, i have no doubts, since you don't touch the game, but also im gonna agree that it should be specified somehow. Anyway, the talk: that the stunt is when you go from start to the end, and checkpoints are not legit in this way is completely bullshit and born from nowhere, guys - don't use dannye's scm or no bush mod, do stunts on default game and be a super pro.
Everyone dreamed, how it could be nice, if he could save the last moment of his cool attempt and make a final result with specially this rotation or something else, now it's real, holy fuck guys..

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2022, 06:21:17 AM »
Im so sad seeing people talk about stunts he did were lamed by using this method - guys, just go and land them, and only when you will land them, talk something
Anyway, the talk: that the stunt is when you go from start to the end, and checkpoints are not legit in this way is completely bullshit and born from nowhere, guys - don't use dannye's scm or no bush mod, do stunts on default game and be a super pro
Everyone dreamed, how it could be nice, if he could save the last moment of his cool attempt and make a final result with specially this rotation or something else, now it's real, holy fuck guys..
If you take stunts like the Impossible is Nothing finisher, or the Limitless finisher seeing MaCi's clip, you have lifetime spots that have been tried by people for years. To see them done like this I indeed find lame. It was the cheap way out and the effort of others has somewhat been nullified. They will now be the second person to land it (although I consider it the first). Saying 'go land them before you talk' is a dumb argument because landing stunts like these is incredibly hard. By this logic you also cannot say that you find them impressive, you didn't land them? The topic would have zero replies because nobody has.

Dannye's or no bush mod are not even in the same realm of tools. With these you are stunting attempt by attempt from your starting location and with save states you can replay a certain section over and over again. You just need to get on a grind once and you can try over and over until you don't bail at the end. It's not even close to being the same.

And definitely not everyone dreamed of this, I hate that this is a thing now. You're also in the minority as far as I can tell. It did spark activity here, but was it for good or for worse? I don't think it is for the better.

You think having multiple checkpoints to do stunts is a good thing because...to save time? So you're happy for the initial challenge part of stunting to be nullified, am I understanding your logic correctly?

Stunting was never about making things easier for ourselves. We have convenient tools for stunting, yes - spawners, teleporters - but nothing that would actually directly affect landing the stunt. That was meant to boil down to luck, skill, perseverance.

If you can't be fucked to put in the effort, then stop trying. Goodbye.
that's all fine and dandy, but it's still just your perspective that you are trying to shove down my throat for whatever reason. what it was/was meant to be/whatever is still anyone's interpretation
Maybe if you didn't come out of the gate swinging you will find that people respond to you in a nicer way. You did the exact same.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:33:04 AM by Rainbow »

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2022, 06:56:04 AM »
I think stunting should always been like this. Like a game "Linerider" players create insane tech maps with trial and error, saving savestate just before placing another line. Rinse and repeat.
Let's see first if anyone else releases kick ass grind combos or perfect rads 200ft+ p2b's before making sections or throwing modding accusations to every good stunt to come in the future.

Personally I have not used any other tool released in past few years (powersave, autopilot car driver script) and might not even use this one.
Classic stunting, if you want to call it that, is muscle memory now that it feels weird to try pausing game, adding slowitdown/booooring cheats mid grind that it is just a hassle for me.

Beast is innovating to  came up with this. Refreshes the stunting scene a bit. I'm happy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:58:16 AM by Sheep »

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2022, 07:09:28 AM »

Would you be willing to invest 10000~ (and probably even more) hours on a single stunt that will be only seen and appreciated by a handful of people?

Maybe one day you'll grow up and appeciate hobbies for their own sake and not as a route to achieve a pitiful amount of internet fame.

Of course I appreaciate stunting (probably more than those pesky 05-06 vets that went inactive for more than a decade and returned only when corona hit  :ninja: ), I just see Beast's method as something like Dannye's SCM and other game enhancements (like no bush mod). It is genius, pushes the limits and cuts time spent on a stunt. This doesnt mean you are skipping "something important from your hobby", as you can see Beast also invested a huge amount of time into his solos.

E: It is still weird for me, that this produces so much hateful comments towards Beast's work, while obvious modders like fckr are being praised.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 07:16:43 AM by The Big V »

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2022, 07:39:20 AM »

Would you be willing to invest 10000~ (and probably even more) hours on a single stunt that will be only seen and appreciated by a handful of people?

Maybe one day you'll grow up and appeciate hobbies for their own sake and not as a route to achieve a pitiful amount of internet fame.

Of course I appreaciate stunting (probably more than those pesky 05-06 vets that went inactive for more than a decade and returned only when corona hit  :ninja: ), I just see Beast's method as something like Dannye's SCM and other game enhancements (like no bush mod). It is genius, pushes the limits and cuts time spent on a stunt. This doesnt mean you are skipping "something important from your hobby", as you can see Beast also invested a huge amount of time into his solos.

E: It is still weird for me, that this produces so much hateful comments towards Beast's work, while obvious modders like fckr are being praised.

Well aren't you a lovely little cunt. Unsurprising of course you're on the extreme defensive considering you're a co-collaborator in this shit.

I don't even have any hate towards the videos you fucking melt. I have no idea how hard the spots were using VM savestates, nor do I particularly care. They're novelty videos at most and always have been for me.

And I have no fucking clue why you're constantly trying to redirect onto fckr as if it has any fucking relevance whatsoever in this conversation. I don't know the dude, I've barely watched his vids or tried his spots, and absolutely do not give a fuck whether he modded or not.

Some advice for the next decade of your 'activity' - instead of spending as much of it as possible figuring out how you can delve your nose 1 inch deeper into Allbeasts anal cavity, perhaps consider what you could create that actually has some value to the scene beyond that. Like I don't know, creating and hosting a full fledged database that holds literally all the videos this community has ever produced. Pesky fucking veterans amirite?

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2022, 07:45:01 AM »

Well aren't you a lovely little cunt. Unsurprising of course you're on the extreme defensive considering you're a co-collaborator in this shit.

I don't even have any hate towards the videos you fucking melt. I have no idea how hard the spots were using VM savestates, nor do I particularly care. They're novelty videos at most and always have been for me.

And I have no fucking clue why you're constantly trying to redirect onto fckr as if it has any fucking relevance whatsoever in this conversation. I don't know the dude, I've barely watched his vids or tried his spots, and absolutely do not give a fuck whether he modded or not.

Some advice for the next decade of your 'activity' - instead of spending as much of it as possible figuring out how you can delve your nose 1 inch deeper into Allbeasts anal cavity, perhaps consider what you could create that actually has some value to the scene beyond that. Like I don't know, creating and hosting a full fledged database that holds literally all the videos this community has ever produced. Pesky fucking veterans amirite?
can you rename yourself to DEAD Cobra?

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2022, 07:46:23 AM »

Stick to the VM stunting I'm not sure your stand-up career is going to take flight.

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2022, 07:49:08 AM »

Stick to the VM stunting I'm not sure your stand-up career is going to take flight.
did you read logo on last video? game over

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2022, 07:51:14 AM »

did you read logo on last video? game over

I too can spam this topic with meaningless drivel.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal