Author Topic: SA Smack Down | 4K 60 FPS Upscaled Remastered Video  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Kommando

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
SA Smack Down | 4K 60 FPS Upscaled Remastered Video
« on: August 29, 2021, 03:04:39 AM »
Gentlemen, although I am personally not a stunter... just yet.

This video is a personal favoriate of mine, because it was one of the first stunt videos I have seen back then.

Today I present to you a remaster of it in 4K 60 FPS....

16:9 Version https://youtu.be/WTEKZcdlkwI
4:3 Version: https://youtu.be/OW9ZrC4fm2s

I am currently working on releasing an original 4:3 crop version of this, so stay tuned for it, if you would like to also experince it, in its original format.

Hope you enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 06:20:06 AM by Kommando »

Offline Jomra

• View Profile
Re: SA Smack Down | 4K 60 FPS Upscaled Remastered Footage
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 03:38:37 AM »
nice effort!
did you use the original video file or did you just upscale the youtube version?
I personally dislike upscales just for the sake of having better quality. I think the quality of a video is a desicion made by the creator of the video and it also helps reflect the time a video was made in. I haven't watched the original smackdown yet, just the youtube streams. Those really succeed in making my eyes bleed and blowing my eardrums out but again that's just the way it was when you uploaded a video to youtube over a decade ago :D It was interesting to see how a computer would upscale a video this old but I hope this doesn't spark a "let's see how many old videos we can upscale"-movement ^^ I don't think it adds anything to the experience. For me it's actually the other way around, the shitty quality is what adds to the experience :D There wasn't really a need for a upscaled smackdown. When it comes to videos that only have 144p versions left, I'd dig an upscale of that :D It would also be interesting to know what tools you used for the upscaling to help other video creators who like to use it in post production.

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 04:23:46 AM »
this is poggers

Offline Kommando

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 11:45:00 AM »
nice effort!
did you use the original video file or did you just upscale the youtube version?
I personally dislike upscales just for the sake of having better quality. I think the quality of a video is a desicion made by the creator of the video and it also helps reflect the time a video was made in. I haven't watched the original smackdown yet, just the youtube streams. Those really succeed in making my eyes bleed and blowing my eardrums out but again that's just the way it was when you uploaded a video to youtube over a decade ago :D It was interesting to see how a computer would upscale a video this old but I hope this doesn't spark a "let's see how many old videos we can upscale"-movement ^^ I don't think it adds anything to the experience. For me it's actually the other way around, the shitty quality is what adds to the experience :D There wasn't really a need for a upscaled smackdown. When it comes to videos that only have 144p versions left, I'd dig an upscale of that :D It would also be interesting to know what tools you used for the upscaling to help other video creators who like to use it in post production.

I did this remaster upscale to pay tribute to it, even though I personally never really did any stunts, it just happened to be a video that I remember fondly, and hold dearly to a time in my life. A time where GTA Stunt videos were cool, and PSP hardware mods were all the rage on YouTube.

I liked the video so much back then (around 2008 I think) that I downloaded a copy to watch on my PDA/PPC/Pocket PC. Along side some garry's mod videos.

So I thought I would give something back to it, by trying to produce the highest possible quality that I can using the best piece of footage that I can find, that happens to be on youtube (higher quality thatn the DB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y-9PwnUN04&ab_channel=Rusch

It took 790 GBs worth of SSD space split between 3 drives. Multiple AI Passes, tests, renders. To get it to where it is right now. Most of it was done to get the best possible result.

Programs I used were Adobe Premeire, Topaz Video Enhance AI & FlowFrames.

I dont think much or anyone will attempt to upscale to the level that I did, since I also had looked for the original fonts, to recreate the text and restore it to its original form and shape. I was even considering recreating the original ATS logo.

I appreciate your feed back and thoughts, I see what you are coming from but hey there will always be the original when you want to watch it. I just wanted to play the video that I liked so much on my 55" 4K TV and not look like mashed potatos.

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: SA Smack Down | 4K 60 FPS Upscaled Remastered Video
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 12:29:24 PM »
always respected those who supported and introduced gtas to the people, even tho they aren't the community members. it would be fun if your channel ever get popularity and gtas video would be a part of history, hah

Offline Kommando

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 01:55:14 PM »
always respected those who supported and introduced gtas to the people, even tho they aren't the community members. it would be fun if your channel ever get popularity and gtas video would be a part of history, hah

GTAS will always be part of history in our hearts

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 09:50:22 PM »

GTAS will always be part of history in our hearts

whats your discord?

Offline Kommando

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 11:38:26 PM »
whats your discord?

Nuclear Kommando#5725

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 12:36:46 PM »
this hits hard, damn man... I dunno where u come from but this was a very different experience, thanks for that!

Offline Sport

• Veteran Member
  • I love fat cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 01:50:00 PM »
This is exactly how I remembered this video as a child. Great work man  :ajaja:

Offline Kommando

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 11:50:33 PM »
This is exactly how I remembered this video as a child. Great work man  :ajaja:

Thanks man, I thought I would be sick of watching the same clip over 30 times but here I am still enjoying it, something very rare for me.

this hits hard, damn man... I dunno where u come from but this was a very different experience, thanks for that!

Glad you guys like it  : )

Offline Joep

• DSS Crew
  • SA Stunter Rare playing VC Engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 12:12:16 PM »
I knew you was using AI for this. The software is nice for people at home. Well done! :a-cheer:

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 12:53:45 PM »
bruh this is fucking amazing, literally never thought i'd see an OG vid in 4k lmao great job man, all your work definitely paid off!

thanks for uploading this

Offline Kommando

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 10:09:33 PM »
I knew you was using AI for this. The software is nice for people at home. Well done! :a-cheer:

Yeah and its only going to get better moving forward.

bruh this is fucking amazing, literally never thought i'd see an OG vid in 4k lmao great job man, all your work definitely paid off!

thanks for uploading this

Thanks, it was my pleasure working on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal