Author Topic: Help me decide - Monitors  (Read 1143 times)

Offline SALYNN

• View Profile
    • Youtube
Help me decide - Monitors
« on: June 22, 2015, 07:40:26 AM »
Damn, I wish I could speak in english like my native language. This might be a little hard to explain to me.

I'm kinda stuck between choosing a new monitor for my computer. Monitors can have different types of screen, panels, that is.
IPS panels are more focused on image quality and colors, which is incredible for image/video and also web designing, which is what I do.
Then, there are the TN panels that have a much faster response but not the same quality. IPS monitors can have some ghosting, while TN prevents it ( IPS usually with 5ms and TN can have the minimum possible, which is 1ms ) which makes it better for gaming.

Since I do both, designing and gaming, what should I get?

Got this image from Google. You can clearly see that IPS is the screen at the right.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
Re: Help me decide - Monitors
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »
It really depends on the ratio of working & gaming (reconsider this!). You'll have to make a compromise, unless your budget is very high. Your current hardware also plays a role.

A short experience report:
Personally I'd go with better image quality over speed. I've had the same problem not too long ago - wanted a screen for gaming, working & entertainment (my desk is too small to fit a screen for each). I ended up with LG's 29UM67-P, which is an IPS panel that still offers good features for gaming too. The only negative aspect is the response time of 5 ms, but it doesn't bother me even in games such as BF3/4 & CS:GO. That's prolly due to it's refresh rate of 75 Hz (OC'd to 79/80 Hz) + enabled DAS (Dynamic Action Sync) mode.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal