Author Topic: Trial By Fire  (Read 51009 times)

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2007, 10:17:37 PM »
dling fuck yeah i wasent expecting this to come out i havent seen any stunts from it either :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD yeah

Offline jessrocked

• Veteran Member
  • Victory Loves Preparation
    • View Profile
    • http://www.friendster.com/jessrocked
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2007, 10:18:26 PM »
downloading @ 1kBps, seriously..  ill w8 for eternity..

or maybe the yewtyoob will do...

im trembling.. lol

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 10:21:10 PM »
I'll comment as I watch:

- I want the letters ATS to show up on my dam as well!
- Damn, this intro is tight! How do you guys do that? Lots of main.scm work?
- Dammit, someone show me how to FBI bump! Pleeze?
- Gee Daffy, that stunt looked familiar
- 3:40 Finally someone pulled a grind out of that old spot
- 4:24 I would love to see someone land on that... maybe that someone could be me!
- Oh!! SA Grenade boosting action!!!
- Couple of sick-house grinds from Daffy and Aries
- Jeez Daf, save some for the WH vid
- I'm digging this second song. It was used in Bloodlines right?  
- Ha ha! Daffy ruined all y'alls bikes! lolololololol
- Run Dafffffff!!! The bikes slowed them down!! But you can't get off that island!
- W00t! Giant Kaneda!!!
- 10:19 Disregard what I wrote earlier about someone landing on that
- ROFL at the end!!!

The stunts were outstanding as per the usual in an ATS vid, however for an 11 and a half minute vid I would've like to see more stunts (or shorten the vid). I just wasn't in to some of the other stuff, although it really looked great.

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2007, 10:52:19 PM »
I'm going to be honest here. I think you guys need to take some criticism because most people don't have the balls to say it. Ever since Mut8tion, I have seen ATS go down hill, as in your last 2 videos. Don't get me wrong The Awakening was good, but It just didn't live up to the others, and neither did this. (Neo did a great job tho.) I understand that the members of ATS have became increasingly busy, but the crew has doubled in size and I have not seen any improvement. It seems you guys were better off before the merge. Maybe now that you have a shoulder to lean on you're not using your feet as much as you used to.

It seemed as you spent more time and thought on the intro, scripting, and all the effects in the video, then you did on the stunts. The stunts were good but it seemed like the same old thing I have seen in every other ATS video. Back in the day you guys used to manage to be creative, and push the limits of stunting, but now your stunting within the set bounds and you can tell. Maybe you guys need to realize that some stunts do require RADS method. You have always been the types to bring new stuff into stunting, and now it seems like your rejecting what others have brought. Maybe you should except the new wave of stunting and build upon that. Basically what I am saying is that your video seemed kind of generic, and it had some old stunts as well. I'm not saying that your video dident have a wow factor because you didn't conform, it is defiantly unique and a awesome video, but it was lacking somthing.

Besides for what I pointed out it was a great video. You still haven't toped your selves, but that's ok because I understand you guys are in it for fun now, and are no longer dedicated to stunting.

I feel bad posting this because I don't want to discourage you guys, I think its awesome to see most of the ATS guys together in a video, especially Samurai.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:07:42 PM by Ferσή »

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2007, 11:21:47 PM »
I can understand and do respect your post, Feron...but it seems like you're too quick to stack everyone up against everyone else. If everyone stunted the same, this place would be dullsville. If I was to ever start wanting to outstunt everyone here...I'd quickly give it up. It's not worth busting your balls for.

Saying more time seemed to spent on effects and scripting than was spent on the stunts is a bit rough too. It diminishes stunts that some of us (MOST of us, in fact) spent a lot of time on. Whether anyone considers them to be good or bad is not that relevant (to me, at least). They're mostly personal challenges.

Everyone IS doing different things now, and the amount of time we have isn't what it used to be. Aries is in school, as is Dannye. Sam's working two jobs, I'm running a business and have to have time with my girlfriend (who's more important than anything), Nitz has started working AND has classes, I believe. Try to keep in mind that most of the members of ATS are over 20, and have responsibilities and commitments outside stunting. The vid is what it is...a show. The members didn't stunt, and I didn't edit to cater to anyone apart from the boys in the crew. If ya like it, great...if ya don't...great .

I'm not trying to make any excuses (mainly because I don't need to), I'm just trying to give you an idea of why we might be tapering off somewhat. Everyone's lives are moving in different directions. Don't take offense to my response to your criticism...I actually appreciate someone who has the wan-tans to say what they think. I just thought some of your points weren't really well thought out. But thanks for the response  

P.S. I'll die before I resort to RAD's...hehe.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:22:16 PM by kaneda »

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 11:32:17 PM »
Quote from: kaneda
I can understand and do respect your post, Feron...but it seems like you're too quick to stack everyone up against everyone else. If everyone stunted the same, this place would be dullsville. If I was to ever start wanting to outstunt everyone here...I'd quickly give it up. It's not worth busting your balls for.
Dont mind response to your response but I was talking about topping your selves, and not everyone else. Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks for responding and not getting all pissy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:33:15 PM by Ferσή »

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2007, 12:16:10 AM »
oo i just know this is gona pwn!...madmax told me this was in the works adges ago lol ...nitzkit did the intro right? he just eats up all other intro's and spits them out!...lol ...i he should stunt the ats sign...lmao

Offline M!kE333

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://apcistuntteam.hu
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2007, 12:24:39 AM »
Downloading

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2007, 12:27:19 AM »
hey madmax did my pizzaboy grind!..lol aww it wasnt as good as i was hoping..but i guess im just saw because i did like 5 stunts in their n hadnt used em yet...awhell...*madmax...its on! lol*

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 12:33:53 AM »
Trial by Fire - YouTube

I recommend downloading the HQ all the same guys.

Neo did all the scripting I think that you seen in this video...certainly the intro and outro, definitely.

I enjoyed the video. The black/white thing seemed to have a negative impact though, almost as if it drained the excitement a bit. It was a very unique video, and I did not want it to end. I was expecting some stunts to keep flowing and was a bit sad to see that it didn't, but ATS have to be given respect for being different due to a fair portion of the crew being literal adults - as in they can legally vote, they have education AND jobs to juggle, their own familes (in Neo's case) and such. This is who ATS are. Dannye, Docta Luv, Kid A and Aries need to stop being considered as 'formerly DSU' as well, they are ATS as well and don't disappoint. I found it hard to accept the merge at first, but it's working out quite fine.

Feron - I'm sure the upcoming WH vid will counter for the lack of RAD's method shown in this stunt video...  I accept the method but I don't use it, so let's end it at that

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2007, 12:40:40 AM »
I was just using RADS as a example. There are other new methods too. I knew I shouldent have critisized this shit because you guys are just gonna tear apart every word I said.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 12:42:12 AM by Ferσή »

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2007, 12:45:14 AM »
Aries had a brand new stunt method in this video, though...and Madmax had a true proper double AG!!!

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2007, 12:46:02 AM »
well it wasnt as good as it should of been...i think a shorter vid excluding the  nooby stunts...would of been beter
...but im still gona add 2 my youtube soon
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 12:46:35 AM by flatface »

Offline brandon6199

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2007, 12:47:36 AM »
If people cant understand feron's point of view, which is completely well said and expressed his opinions on the matter in a mature way, then that's pretty said. He is in no way putting ATS down, hell, he's trying to help ATS

I dont know if i said that correctly, but respect feron's opinion. If thats his opinion than we should respect that, instead of critizing him and saying, "OH WELL LETS SEE YOU DO BETTER."

Offline Wozzie

• Veteran Member
  • terran
    • View Profile
ATS - Trial By Fire
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2007, 12:49:31 AM »
Dling !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal