Author Topic: GTASL3 - Region 1 - Round 1 - ColdDeath vs. Feron  (Read 7348 times)

Offline THEFTman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL3 - Region 1 - Round 1 - ColdDeath vs. Feron
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »
No problem then here, thanks for letting me know

Offline Ostits

• TMS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »
ColdDeath: Your stunt is a very very risky project. To even think about trying to do a grind with a cabbie from that height is... Well I gotta say you got guts to try it at this point. Admire your guts, but its a little too much "Smacking into a grind" look to me.

Feron: Your stunt was inventive, with the new way of getting a packer stuck and all. Tho I don't know about the hardness to get on those 2 grinds like that, it didn't impress me that much.

My vote goes to: ColdDeath, his stunt was something out of the ordinary, even if he didn't grind that much, but hey its hard enough to even get that length.

Nice going both of you!

Offline Psycho

• Insomniac.
  • Veteran Member
  • <_<
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 09:34:40 AM »
feroNecros's was much cleaner, and longer, but then again it his hard to fall off when you're on two rails...

this one could be tough...

Offline brandon6199

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 03:43:33 PM »
Just my 2 cents:

Feron's stunt looked much better and cleaner, even if it was 2 rails, that was creative, and who cares how hard the stunt is, if a stunt looks good, IT IS good

ColdDeath's grind was, interesting, seeing that it is very hard to stay on a rail from that angle/height, that was a sweet grind too.

Even though im not a judge, my vote goes to Feron. (No, I won't call him Necros because that sounds like a brand of a condom)

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
Quote from: brandon6199
Just my 2 cents:

Feron's stunt looked much better and cleaner, even if it was 2 rails, that was creative, and who cares how hard the stunt is, if a stunt looks good, IT IS good

ColdDeath's grind was, interesting, seeing that it is very hard to stay on a rail from that angle/height, that was a sweet grind too.

Even though im not a judge, my vote goes to Feron. (No, I won't call him Necros because that sounds like a brand of a condom)

I wouldn't use a condom who's brand is called necros, tbh

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »
ColdDeath: Performing a car grind is often tricky due to how easy it is to get stuck, and performing a large drop to grind adds an extra element of toughness. So considering how hard it would be to get any sort of grind out of that you did pretty well - although the shortness of it is still hard to ignore.

Feron: Well for starters it was nice and long - the advantage of doing a grind like that where you can balence your vehicle nicely along the rails - and it had a nice little bump spin at the start. On the downside it isn't a new spot for taxi grinds, and although it was long it slowed down to a crawl for the majority of it.

My Vote: A tough decision for me - if either of them had a flip in them it would've made it alot easier  . In the end I think I'm gonna have to give my vote to Feron, but it was a close call. I gave it the vote because I felt it was the 'best grind'. But definately props to CD for trying something original and difficult.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
ColdDeath: Nice flip2upside down grind. But there was no real control to the grind. I know you can't "control" a car grind, but there was not a lot of balance and the grind was quite short.

Necros: Plain ole' boring grind, but the distance was excellent. Using two rails for the grind provided a lot of balance and made the grind very long, fluid and clean.

Since the challenge asked for a grind, I will cast my vote for the cleaner grind over the combo grind. Therefore, Necros gets my vote.

Its 2 - 1 in favo(u)r of Necros.

Offline Eddeman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
ColdDeath: Original Idea, how you managed to stay on the rail is beyond me. A bit flippy grind there and it wasn't very long, still looked good with the jump off the building.

Necros: Nice and long taxi grind, was really smooth cause of the double rails. However it felt a bit dull overall cause it looks a lot easier cause it's two rails.

My vote goes to ColdDeath. Although the grind was pretty short, it was an unexpected spot and a crazy grind compared to Necros more plain one.

Offline SoRu

• View Profile
    • http://www.naciongta.com
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2007, 11:24:04 AM »
Result:

2 - 2        
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 11:24:30 AM by SoRu »

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2007, 11:35:12 AM »
Just waiting on Kabanchik to make his judgement.

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2007, 11:33:37 AM »

Already two votes more, then i thought i would get  

Thanks all of you , good luck Feron!

where is kabanchik?  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:33:53 AM by ColdDeath »

Offline Cdarmy

• Green*Dragon
  • Veteran Member
  • BK Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/user/cdarmy
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »
He voted on the other ones..

But yea, i never see him

Cmon kaban!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:00:43 AM by Cdarmy »

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 10:04:18 AM »
x2  CDarmy  

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2007, 04:54:45 PM »
I've sent Kabanchik a PM reminding him I still need some votes from him. I'll PM Boo (the 2nd alternate) and activate him.

Offline PlethZorb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2007, 10:59:13 PM »
I think feron's was deeper, but ColdDeath's had way more creativity.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal