Author Topic: MA - Christ Illusion  (Read 10265 times)

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 07:15:20 AM »
Wow, that got me thinking  

Offline sony

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 07:51:58 AM »
Downloading.
What? O_o 11 mb :S lol idon't undestand..
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:54:00 AM by sony »

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 07:54:35 AM »
No truer words have ever been...ah...typed...and then rendered...and then...uh...played...by me...on my...thingy.

This is the kind of wake-up call this forum sorely needs. Congrats MA, and thanks for making an effort to knock us all back down to earth  

To comment on a few of the points:

I don't think any stunter should ever really be considered 'great'. Ghandi was great, Abraham Lincoln was great...I don't think either of them stunted. We're not changin the world here, we're spending hours on end playing a video game. If those hours were spent helping the homeless, or volunteering for blood drives...THAT would be great. Designating labels to stunters to differentiate good/bad/worse just leads to a certain segment of the community feeling inadequate, and other sections beginning to believe their own hype.

Have I spent hours on a stunt before? Yes...certainly. I wasn't doing it so much for the 5 seconds of glory, it was more about the challenge I put to myself to get the damn thing. I remember when I was a kid, people would literally spend hours trying to solve their Rubik's Cube...it's all about what you find challenging. Now, however...I'm a lot more inclined to spend that time with my girlfriend, or doing things to help my business along.

Regarding egos...that's becoming a HUGE problem on these forums. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people here, but it's one of the main reasons I don't post here a lot anymore. I tend to want to be tolerant and not really upset anyone too much...and to that end, I avoid posting because I know I'm just gonna start using words like 'jackass' and 'egotistical monkey#$%*er'. Sure there's always been at least one or two egos here, but lately it seems that every second stunter thinks too highly of themselves.

Anyways...enough of my rant...I'm tired, haven't had my Geritol and my girlfriend fell asleep before I could...

...play parchese with her...if ya catch my drift.

I implore everyone to not skim over MAs words and forget them in the time it takes the vid to finish. Take it all on board and consider them carefully. Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:55:39 AM by kaneda »

Offline sony

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 07:59:14 AM »
O_o Where did you seen any stunt???
Kan, were you blocked me?

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 08:18:32 AM »
I agree with everything you said, honestly. I'm still gonna carry on though.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 09:20:45 AM »
I agree, but i do it for fun too  Yet i also stunt to impress at the same time, landing a impressive stunt is fun, and people HAVE fun watching those impressive stunts, so i have fun and give others fun at the same time, thats what keeps me here, but cya
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:26:39 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Ralleee

• The Ralmeister
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 09:37:59 AM »
x2 kr3mlin.

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 09:41:15 AM »
i do it for fun to and  i do it to entertain people...

good ideo man

Offline Makrame

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 10:45:40 AM »
Downloading.

Offline sony

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 11:05:02 AM »
FUCK YOU
I waited for the best stunt vid from the comments, and then....
oh..

Offline Makaveli Rydah

• View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »
Well, i haven't been back in the scene long but i do see the point your getting at MA , i remember back in the day when you,  me , Gamer & Link were rebuilding Vert - it was all fun for me back then - and since coming back , and just relaesing my first vid i can still say i did it for the fun factor !

I don't have time to spend on a game all day trying to impress someone - i pull off a stunt while playing , i record it and slap it in a vid  

On the subject of great stunters only a few come to mind - when i first got into i really enjoyed Pyromaniac's vids when we were on Modshack , then as the community progressed Ampt's vids were always good because they were always new tricks .
But my definition of great stunters are the people who inspired to pick up my pad again - 3 years ago it was the lads from Decans Auto's who's vid i loved and i wanted a go myself .
Most recentley the thing that brought me back to stunting was a conversation with you on MSN and seeing Post Mortem by Daffy !

I salute the people who inspire me  

So for now - i will keep riding , doing easy stunts and just try to make people smile with my videos .

Mak.

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »
I can't help but feel I'm part of the big ego problem  I don't do it on purpose  

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 11:19:54 AM »
dling...

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 12:11:31 PM »
nice video.

Offline Taclite

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
MA - Christ Illusion
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 12:30:29 PM »
That actually got me thinking about quitting again..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal