Offline MV

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
-
« on: April 09, 2014, 01:01:58 AM »
-
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 08:20:31 PM by Nerve »

Offline OrangeW

• The unholy offspring of herp and derp itself.
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with DOS
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:52:53 AM »
You might as well get "Take Ownership", it just forces a takeover of the file(s) and then you can do whatever. Works on everything, for me anyway.

Also fuck Conduit.

Offline OrangeW

• The unholy offspring of herp and derp itself.
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with DOS
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 03:51:31 AM »
You might as well get "Take Ownership", it just forces a takeover of the file(s) and then you can do whatever. Works on everything, for me anyway.

Also fuck Conduit.
erm.. i never heard of this before. got it, took ownership of the folder, and tried to remove/uninstall and even send to recycling bin. same thing. "You reuqire permission from Mike-PC\M1 to make changes to this folder." I went back into permissions in security and screwed around, and this might be the problem with this specific part. creater owner just doesn't want to take all rights. always resets. dunno.

any ideas? access denied when trying to remove read only again.

Is this the Conduit that is the toolbar, the auto search engine and new tab bullshit? If so, there's stuff in the browser that you can reset to get rid of it. http://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-remove-conduit-search/
I think the Adware Removal tool might work, I don't know, I got rid of Conduit by resetting the crap in my browser and uninstalling all the shitty plugins you get with it.

EDIT: Try MalwareBytes too, if that doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:53:50 AM by darkpwn »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal