Author Topic: SA vehicles without nitro/hydraulics  (Read 1674 times)

Offline SoLoD

• Fan of 2008 SA stunting. Fan of 2011 video editing
    • View Profile
SA vehicles without nitro/hydraulics
« on: May 13, 2020, 12:36:47 PM »
Wanna try some unusual vehicles, but many of them can not be modded with nitro/hydr in original game.
For example, sandking. In original game it only can has hydraulics (sometimes) and can not be nitro'ed in transfender. But do people on GTAS add nitro/hydr by dannyes and is it "legal"?
Also, vehicles like ambulance. Do u add mods or you just stunt without hydr/nitro?

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: SA vehicles without nitro/hydraulics
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 03:30:50 PM »
Sandking for example have the same speed with nitro and without it, but with nitro you will get the top of speed faster, i guess. It's a good question since most of us don't care much about it and prefer to stunt on standart meta - NRG/Infernus etc.
I think it's not a problem if you use nitro as a time saver, but the main stunt is possible in original game without nitro. You just need to test it. Another question is hydraulics: if it's not allowed to add hydraulics on car (not relevant to Sandking) it's considering as modding imo. But still if you have fun you can do it, just mark it somewhere.

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 03:46:10 PM »
It had been established that nitro has no affect on the actual top speed of the vehicle. All nitro does is boost the acceleration meaning you hit the top speed sooner.

Personally, I don't care what is legal and what is not, regarding hydraulics and nitro. It's hard to spot in replays anyway.

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »
You can bring up the upgrade menu for any vehicle in the game, the setups for it are complicated but it's possible
example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3qzGhYHmNY

Offline SoLoD

• Fan of 2008 SA stunting. Fan of 2011 video editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 01:50:07 PM »
Sandking for example have the same speed with nitro and without it, but with nitro you will get the top of speed faster, i guess. It's a good question since most of us don't care much about it and prefer to stunt on standart meta - NRG/Infernus etc.
I think it's not a problem if you use nitro as a time saver, but the main stunt is possible in original game without nitro. You just need to test it. Another question is hydraulics: if it's not allowed to add hydraulics on car (not relevant to Sandking) it's considering as modding imo. But still if you have fun you can do it, just mark it somewhere.
TBH sandking is not that rare on stunting scene (because it has very good stats).
I think there is an old collab about stunting with ambulance, and some other examples of "slow big" vehicles, i am wondering if stunters were using nitro/hydr.

It had been established that nitro has no affect on the actual top speed of the vehicle. All nitro does is boost the acceleration meaning you hit the top speed sooner.
Personally, I don't care what is legal and what is not, regarding hydraulics and nitro. It's hard to spot in replays anyway.
Nitro is for top speed, yes. But if you perform combo stunt with combo run-up, when you need to drop from ground to another, there is a chance that it can be done only with nitro since second part of run-up will be limited.
It is kinda weird that this moment is not clear after so many years. Because there are a lot of stunts, with ambulance, cop cars and everything else.
Funny but this topic was made after trying your stunt THIS

You can bring up the upgrade menu for any vehicle in the game, the setups for it are complicated but it's possible
These guys have a very weird pasttime. Even more weird than "SA speedruns" with bugs and mission skipping. That particular guy possessed with SA special vehicles (his youtube channel is full of videos about them). The way he talks about them is like he is some sort of collector. And there is a whole community of these collectors. And all movement is about to achieve special vehicles with "legit" way using bugs?

Anyway, it looks liek that he is doing it in PS2, not PC.
And i am wondering what if you put there a nrg, going to be nrg with nitro/hydr or game will just crash  :hmm:

Offline LeoDeNonysaints

• It's me man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 01:45:53 AM »
About unusual vehicles, I'm not sure. I believe people won't mind if you use hydrau and nitro on the Sandking today. I have no idea about police cars and ambulances.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 01:33:09 AM »
wow you still alive nig

it's truly worth checking such topics because you cannot be found in the ones of new video releases  :cc_detective:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal