Author Topic: [VC/LC] Smut - Aconitum  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Smut

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
[VC/LC] Smut - Aconitum
« on: August 07, 2020, 04:34:04 AM »
The pandemic has forced me to reinstall this game and this is the result of a three month ride through Vice City and Liberty City.

A special thanks goes out to Max for doing an incredible job on the editing!
A big thanks goes out to AllBeast for helping me out with things, to Faiz and TBV for keeping me motivated and to Reaper and Blaze for giving me a bike and a face!

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmyg03iqecogw9w/Smut%20-%20Aconitum.mkv?dl=0
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRHoVTxdQu8

Offline Faiz

• DSS Crew
    • View Profile
Re: [VC/LC] Smut - Aconitum
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 05:14:23 AM »
first  wahaaaa :D Dr.Smut's power gonna eat dinner and come back with review   :a-cheer:

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 05:35:14 AM »
Yay it’s out!

Offline Joep

• DSS Crew
  • SA Stunter Rare playing VC Engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 05:47:26 AM »
Amazing atmosphere in the editing.

I really loved the opener and all verhicle precisions!
The diversity is also in good shape. I like the way he tought about spots and using the play to ride up the precision on 2:26. Maybe its lame but I like it.

Lovely video!!

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 06:11:40 AM »
Hey felix! awesome video!

I wish you a very good health and beautiful days to come for you! a fan of you since I saw you!  :wub: I will forever believe for your true power iin the game! love you man! please be safe  :wub:

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 07:40:47 AM »
What the fuck those two last stunts were amazing. Great video, tons of nice ideas, I really liked the infernus stunts and that double grind at the mall specially.

Offline Faiz

• DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 07:48:20 AM »
0:39 - Opener : wow that small chimney it's landed with that big squalo :0 OMG, you always got some small prec spots which i think they're impossible , but you did landed it, never underestimate Smut's calculation ;)
0:48 - Freeway natbump : I think ARS landed it with PCJ, but new with freeway :D nice one :0
0:54 : oh shit there go small prec again XD, hahaha, an obvious spot i'm pretty sure a lot of  stunter have tried it, i remember it have been landed by a hotring but in backward, and that small bump is inconsistent , you must have found a way to get a good bump, like you always do, nice one, clear landing
1:06 : nice, if only that small pool was a ring you would have grind it long long long XD
1:11 : nice one again, that grind from down to up is harder, i guess
1:31 : Max guest's stunt : wow cool, it's must be a very good bump which that Rhino have got :0, cuz runup looks pretty short and hard, but Max still got enough power to get on that big roof :D
1:44 : ahh those big ledge grinds are like this usual hard as fuck but you landed it with good shit execution
1:53 : damn nice you landed it naturally
2:05 - 2:20 : that tight space can't stop Smut from doing stunts XD
2:30 : Infernus to skimmer wing bump to prec : ok one
2:36 : ayy that ledge is usually make pcj drop out of it at the middle, but he grinded it all :D , very nice one
2:53 : i think it's old but still nice cuz that prec is the ring prec not flat like others
2:59 - 3:18 : ok one :D
3:20 : ship double grind : haahahah  i shared Smut this spot, guys :D, i tried it, the bump to get the second grind it's random as fuck, i'm mostly always fall when hit that bump, but Smut found a technique and landed it quickly, god damn really good job on landing that smoth Smut :D
3:45 : FINISHER : OMFG!!! no one ever landed that before you !!! awesome clear landing !!!!! this one lengendary :D
10/10 i had really good time when i watching this on the big ass TV of my home XD, Max really did a good job on editing great song choice ! alright can't think of any english to write any more XD ! it's just Awesome !!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 08:00:47 AM by Faiz »

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »
Amazing video, especially given this short time. I'm glad that you are rocking in VC, too. The opener was unexpected, great job landing that. Apart from that I liked the infernus stunts, that doublebump2chimney was like a SA car stunt, really loved it. Also the grinds were executed well, the last doublegrind looked super sexy. And of course the finisher was huge, I'm happy the video contained such typical 'finisher-type' of a stunt.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 12:17:25 PM »
0:39 : Not a big fan of squalo stunts but this one seems pretty annoying to land, nice one!
0:48 : Old with a PCJ, but freeway improvements are always welcome so +1 for this.
0:54 : New right? One of these well known spots most people don't really attempt. Never saw someone use an infernus though in close attempts. One of my favorites of the video.
1:06 : Feels a bit fillerish, but looks fun. Surprised there was such an obvious way for this that has gone unlanded (as far as I know).
1:11 : Tried this with a slightly worse approach which is why I probably never grinded as far as you did. Good job on figuring out the key to getting a fast upwards grind naturally, but kind of dissapointing you've left such a big part ungrinded (unless that part kicks you off 100% of the time but in my lame packer2grind versions I didn't have that iirc).
1:31 : Nice. Obvious stunt nobody landed. Never tried it but it must be pretty hard if a ramp(2bump)2roof is still new in 2020.
1:44 : Old
1:53 : Haha no way I'm this dumb  :| I tried the regular bump which results in ugly messes but you bump the side edge. Feelsbadman. Good job.
2:05 : I mean, both are old and combining them doesn't change much for me since they're both easy in isolation. Didn't like this one, feels below the level of the rest.
2:30 : Cool idea but it's not something I get excited about. The run-up was cooler than the skimmerbump part imo.
2:36 : Isn't this old as well? If not then nice I guess but feels a bit basic, especially compared to Mythic's version even though I have absolutely no idea which one is harder so feel free to ignore me here.
2:53 : Old by Kaneda more than 12 years back. Forgot the exact video but it's a well known one. Annoying landing though having tried it for fun once. This is much harder than it looks so good job regardless!
2:59 : Don't like it, sorry. Feels like a cheap version of Monolith.
3:06 : Feels random and looks easy, not a fan, sorry.
3:20 : Obvious spot that somehow was never landed. Looking at your approach it seems you had the set-up completely dialed from start to the transition  :ajaja: Will try this sometime, looks fun but it's probably way more annoying than I'm imagining  :P Probably my favorite in the video, excellent stunt!
3:45 : Sick job here and first landing of this if you don't count taxis! The secret to this stunt is finding the perfect set-up which I couldn't. On quite a lot of stunts you can get away with slight changes but this is just pain in ever way. I tried it with a packer in the same way you did but I never had a good stuck. My ambulance stuck in the 2nd tree got me closer but never on the edge or better. Did get the height though but no angle. I suck at setting up these things anyway so if you still have the set-up that would be awesome!  :a-cheer: Didn't think I would see this landed when clicking on the video, amazing!

Editing was very enjoyable as always from the man, the myth, the editing machine Max  :cc_detective: Stunting wise it was a mix between some incredibly good stunts, some old stunts and some stunts that are just way below the level of the rest. You did this in 3 months which is a pretty short timeframe so for that I commend you, but I wish you had taken a bit more time to remove the stuff that shouldn't have been there (imo of course). Could've been a truely unbelievable video but now it's just unbelievable at certain times.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:23:23 PM by Rainbow »

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 01:31:42 PM »
Nice! but some grinds old?

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 04:24:24 PM »
Very solid video came out, good job man! Although some stunts were old, I relally liked most of stunts, especially infy prec at Phil's Place, double grind on ship and finisher, because I tried this myself but with a Skimer. Not a fan of combo csm + car, but this run up and idea in general was really creative, nice find! I wish that i could see the double grind at mall done fully, how many time it was done, nobody did it pefectly, hah. Always had in mind guest stunt by Max, but never managed to give it a try, nice to see it done if it's not old.
Editing - this is how the stunting video must be edited in my eyes, at least, in terms of cam angles, always love your works man, great job.

Offline wviMis

• Modus Operandi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 10:39:03 PM »
OMG!!!  Cool video

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2020, 12:25:37 AM »
Superb video with amazing variety to boot. I actually only disliked the opener because the Squallo cannot be obtained in LC except by spawning it yourself (same as Hotring), and I don't think anybody managed to get a boat up there - but if you look beyond that it's a great stunt. Other than the video was rock solid though! An amazing variety of stunts, vehicles, locations, etc.  I wouldn't say all stunts were equally impressive but together they rocked, and showcased some great all-round ability and a keen eye for good spots. Favorite stunt hands down was the NPM double grind with the escalators, I've looked at them many times but how to make it work? Other standouts were the Infernus precisions and the finisher obviously.

The wallride 2 grind in the car showroom is definitely old as mentioned, the true challenge is doing the wallride up and then grinding it back down - one of those legendary spots that everybody knows but nobody has been able to land. There's some other oldies but it didn't bring the video down.

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2020, 11:49:57 AM »
ALRIGHT there it finally is. Smut, you're the guy who brought me into this community by showing me megaton in one of our school trips almost a decade ago and i both hate and love you for this. now you close your chapter with this video and i'm happy that it turned out like this, because i know how much dedication and patience you put into it. so let's go.

(also props to rainbow, because now i don't need to find out the timestamps myself)

EDITING: i kinda get an oldschool and nostalgic vibe from it, especially the combination of the custom timecyc, the lightnings and the mudvayne song throws me back to the classic ol' times. i love the intro, it sets the mood straight and the camerawork is flawless. however, i would've liked to see an outro, cuz the video just ends a bit too abruptly for my taste.

0:39 : it opens with the tiniest squalo prec i've seen so far. i'm not really familiar with the physics, but it looks impressive.
0:48 : nice natbump to prec, the spins make for a very stylish look
0:54 : you were very proud of this infernus natbump to prec, so am i
1:06 : the grind looks stylish, reminds me a little bit of barney's pool grind in unusual cruelty
1:11 : the uphill grind is a cool idea, but it's a shame that there's a roadbump that prevents the grind from being completed
1:31 : i'm a friend of tank stunts, sweet execution
1:44 : another ledgegrind, looks smooth and simple, good job
1:53 : great doublegrind, reminds me of barney's one in saivc
2:05 : you know i was not too much of a fan of that stunt, but the wallride part looks nice to me
2:30 : one of my favs in this. love the creativity of the runup and how it barely is enough to dodge the things within the construction site. precisions rule.
2:36 : the second lc uphillgrind, much better than the first one and also smoother execution
2:53 : ohh the fire ring prec. i remember that you were on the brink of mental breakdown (and possibly carpal tunnel too) after trying this one for probably a couple thousand times. so congratulations that you finally did it!
2:59 : another reverse barney, but it's a pity that the length of the song didn't allow for showing it in its entirity
3:06 : the second squalo prec, it has a fun look to it, especially with all the people walking around minding their own business haha
3:20 : another one of my favs. best grind in the video, perfect, period.
3:45 : the star of this solo. you know it, i know it, anyone knows it. nothing more to add.

overall a top notch video, my dear friend. peace
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 11:56:31 AM by tomiboy »

Offline Biel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2020, 12:09:53 PM »
Oceanview and now this video, what a year for VC
Opener, pre finisher and finisher were totally madness! You're amazing, boy :wub:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal