Author Topic: Gta V Confirmed... Kinda?  (Read 4852 times)

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
Re: Gta V Confirmed... Kinda?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
Never looked at it that way and never will because I simply don't believe it. I think (omg an opinion o:) that IV has no 'theme' at all. It's just mafia, oh yay... :/ Not like there were enough
mafia games already, GTA III already had it, why do it again? I can understand they did it because the game's in LC again but, still..

Offline Cocaine

• NL | WL | ASC
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 09:14:21 AM »
Yea GTA IV was no themed. I Hope GTA V will be themed on something better, Sooo yeh.

Offline UtterGarbage

• UG's Group
  • Veteran Member
  • Kickin It Old School
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »
Well you hit the nail on the head. NYC=LC NYC is rampant with the mob and it seems normal for this smuggled immigrant to go the mob. But there's also a lot more than the mob. There's the relationships you develop with others, the underlying plot of revenge that boils over in the last couple missions.

Cmon now who wouldn't say  that making the choice for the deal or revenge at the end wasn't a tough choice? Especially with the following events at the wedding. What was the toughest choice in SA? whether to pack an RPG or heat seeking bazooka to kill big smoke?

Red Dead Redemption only improved on the the ideals of the IV storyline and i hope only he same for V. if it took you until the last three missions of IV to really say wow, i think it was worth it. Furthermore you should have said wow at missions such as three leaf clover..

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 09:27:33 AM »
I'm shocked at how people are saying GTA4 was bad, it was purely epic for me and it still is, also one of the best endings of a video game IMO.

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 09:29:12 AM »
can't wait for it! It's already time that they make another GTA that it's not in the IV map :P

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 10:21:29 AM »
it's gonna be terrible, more than likely, and also I really doubt GTAV's coming until the next xbox/playstation comes out.

(SR3, however, will be out this year, and it looks way crazier)

Offline DaredevilX

• XTRMNTR
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »
A storyline that revolves around mafia is not so bad if they make it really thorough. I think they tried to go a different way with IV and not involve an "unknown mobster that rises to the top kind of deal" but it's arguable if they had actually accomplished that. Besides, what other theme could you put in a GTA game?

I just hope they'll make a game world that will really keep you interested, SA's storyline might have been stretched in favor of content, but it was fun discovering something new to do with each play with all those side-missions, hidden stuff etc.

Also a different kinds of endings that are based on more than a single decision would be cool. Not that IV wasn't fucking awesome.

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 10:43:57 AM »
I thought IV was great, you guys suck.

Offline Cocaine

• NL | WL | ASC
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
Lol, i've been in some GTA sites, there were some polls like, where will GTA V take place ? Answers. UK,LA,NY. etc
When GTA IV came out, i've already knew that GTA V will take place in Vice City aka Miami.. GTA VI will most likely take place in SA :)

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 11:18:50 AM »
If they will make it on the IV engine with improvements prepare for playing on pictures. Thats the ammount of lag you will get  :rolleyes:

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »
GTA VI will most likely take place in SA :)
If GTAVI comes that is. According to rumour, GTAV is "the final destination".

Offline Helios

• Veteran Member
  • vacuum-cleaner salesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
GTA IV had brang some fun minutes in my life (when you just poke sb on the stairs and he died), also i really enjoyed it.

Offline ~ Đάмﮖтзя ~

• Veteran Member
  • somtink
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 11:56:16 AM »
SA in a new map (can be same size), better graphics and new missions without stereotype would be enough for me. Also a great story such as SA had, IV story was bullshit. SA is a legend, i was playing it unbeliavable 6x times the story line and i dont mention the play time...

Quote from: darkyy-
GTA IV was shit, I didn't even finished it.

How many of you have even PLAYED the vice city storyline or the the III storyline? IMO San Andreas had the crappiest of all storylines with 946832 plot holes and a bunch of 'fun' missions thrown in as crowd pleasers that were completely irrelevant to the physical story just to excite the crowd.

The only reason people are like 'OMG SSAN ANDREAS WAS TEH BEESTEST STORLINES' is due to the fact of how far San Andreas took things in their missions. Whereas the whackiness in the previous games was left to freeroam, SA threw it right into their missions. Sure maybe it makes the game more fun but it CERTAINLY does not improve the quality of the otherwise mundane and laughable plot.

GTA III in my opinion had the single greatest storyline out of any video game i've ever played. Vice city would be a close second, and GTA IV not far behind. I think IV had a fantastic storyline and here is why. Personalities, IV was much more than a basic Rags to slightly improved rags story. You developed friendships and romantics and sure, perhaps the story wasn't as INSANE as san andreas, i preferred it though as opposed to the steroid injected storyline of San Andreas. It was incredibly possible to have fun in IV, even with the physics, hell that made it MORE fun for me.

So maybe the world isnt designed for the traditional stunting methods, it doesn mean we cant find something new

I played VC storyline only once, mostly because i borrowed it from my friend and i had to give it back. Later i downloaded it, but didnt play the storyline again. It was great and one of the best game storied i've played, but IV is far behind. I liked the idea of the story, but the missions and execution were not made well, it was too "unreal", can't find any better word now. Haven't played GTA III, so i can't say if it's better than SA or not. In IV i liked multiplayer. Best storyline ever, with no doubt atleast for me, was Mafia.  :happy:

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 12:01:13 PM »
III = great story
VC = great and mostly funny story because of the parody
SA = bad but hilariously fun story also partly because of the parody
IV = great story and a more adult game which isn't bad

I've read somewhere that GTA V is gonna be set in the Los Santos + Vinewood area, some important guys (I think the same as in your article) leaked that. I wouldn't like them using the same area again (I mean we've also played it in LA Noire). I was hoping they'd go a total new direction.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:02:51 PM by Genyus »

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
IV was good. V will be good.

R* never fail to deliver.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal