Author Topic: [SA] Explo - Cosmos  (Read 3741 times)

Offline ExPlosion

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
[SA] Explo - Cosmos
« on: April 25, 2023, 09:14:09 AM »

Hey it's been a while  :P

First of all I want to thank DC and Kingjad who helped with several things along the way.

I hadn't touched SA in over 10 years before I started stunting for this project around early February so I hope it still turned out good. I tried my best to catch up on 10+ years of videos but there's probably still some oldies in there. Overall I'd say it's a mix of interesting ideas, decent stuff and some of my old spots that I revisited.

I'd recommend lowering your volume at first as the song start quite heavy right away.

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: [SA] Explo - Cosmos
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 09:26:07 AM »
Woop  :a-cheer:

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 10:00:54 AM »
Awesome to see you around again! Loved the firetruck double grind and bump to sweeper hit and land the most. Also lost a spot  :ninja:

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 10:50:05 AM »
Welcome back Frenchy !

Live Reaction here :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1803351264

That was a good watch !

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 10:50:42 AM »
Nice!

Offline KompoT

• All truly strong people are kind.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 11:17:10 AM »
Very nice video, loved the stunts  :cheernutz:

Offline ExPlosion

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023, 11:20:19 AM »
Welcome back Frenchy !

Live Reaction here :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1803351264

That was a good watch !

Hey thanks for the review ! Funny you mentionned that lucky bump to grind on one of the last stunts, I did think about going for a stoppie to grind there but was actually going for the pizza sign on this attempt. I actually landed that sign and got a crashed replay so I couldn't be bothered to re-land it.

Now if you could please go and land 3.31 with a backwards stoppie, that'd be nice :P.

Offline MV

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2023, 11:37:43 AM »
I had recorded a reaction myself too, but unfortunately my microphone didn't catch it because Windows decided my playstation controller was the new microphone :rolleyes: so I'll summarize what I was talking about here.

First things first, very surprising to see a new video from you - Backlash is one of my favorite videos to revisit, and if I recall correctly, either Backlash or Limited Sight (a fps limit collaboration I think) were the last times that we saw you in the community. It's a very pleasant surprise for sure. I believe the last fps limit video was Brisk in 2014 or 2016, we were very long overdue for one.. I'd love there to be a new collaboration, there's a lot of potential and secret advantages fps limit gives above fps unlocked.

Your creativity has not wavered slightly since your departure - lots of great ideas here and stunting techniques long lost to time.. it's been ages since I've seen a BSM or a bicycle bump, and I'm very glad that you're the one bringing us back to that era. I will say, this video is missing a tractor launch with farmers method :ajaja:

Great stuff all around - firetruck grind, bicycle grab2grind, both double bumps near the sprunk factory, LV highway parking lot precision.. and many reminiscent takes on your older stuff, like 3:04's bicycle grind similar to the grind combo with the ambulance in Backlash, and 3:33 really reminded me of your grind2bridge stoppie2grind in the desert in Backlash too.

Was very surprised by the AT-400 precision and the sweeper one as well! Your creativity and innovation has really stood the test of time. Music choice was very fitting. Great comeback, thank you for your inspiration :)

Online ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2023, 11:46:16 AM »
Damn, dude, you are the legend, im so glad to see you back! Im still rewatching Backlash from time to time and this still my one of fav vids of all time! Really unexpected comeback, sir!

About stunts, loved the FL ON thingy for 2023 video firstly, you are still kicking with it like before, respect no words
Loved all stunts overall, you are still fucks with that creativity, very nice ideas with oldschool note, respected

sweeper landing and grind to prec with Dumper were my favs, also curb to bump "Inside the Track" blue thing to spin to grind is getting top 3 in this video for me, very clean execution

wb and do more pls!

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2023, 12:33:22 PM »
Woah, that was neat! Really enjoyable to watch. I didn't expected a comeback like this one in 2023. I guess SA stunting isn't that dead  :cc_detective:

I loved the FL-on action. Lots of really well thought stunts here, my favorite was the sweeper landing! Man, that was crazy. It was great to see all those forgotten methods also. BMX bumps, BSM's, Firetruck bumps... OG stuff.

I really hope you stick around and release more videos.

Good job! 10/10

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2023, 02:17:53 PM »
An unexpected comeback, but surely a pleasant one. I also have to mention Backlash because that video is just perfect and I rewatch it from time to time as well.
About this one, it was superb too. You still got that special touch in stunting, all your ideas are unique, not to mention the FL ON thing. My fav stunts were the opener, the firetruck doublegrind, bsm2wallkick2prec at 2:30, the sweeper madness (never seen something like this, how do you even come up with the idea?), the triplebump2grind at 3:50 and the grind2dumperbump2prec at 4:00 (another personal fav of mine, amazing stuff). The variety of stunts also has to be admired, and I liked the dynamic song you used. Editing was simple and effective, nothing more is needed for the impact.
Thank you for giving us a breath of fresh air in SA stunting, it was much needed!  :a-cheer:

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2023, 12:02:27 AM »

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2023, 12:16:42 AM »
Good job! :) Very fun watch.

Offline ExPlosion

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2023, 04:26:55 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments and for the reaction Jason.

Glad to see you guys enjoy FL-on stuff but I honestly wouldn't recommend it ahah. I just never made the switch back in the days and I think stunts look better with it but it makes almost everything harder and it's quite limiting.

Also gaming at 25 fps in 2023 is quite something  :lol:

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2023, 05:41:31 AM »
I think this is your best video, great comeback! Many of your stunts were very creative, and you haven't lost your touch as an editor. My favourite stunts were easily the BSM to sign precision, multi BMX stoppie grabs to grind, bump to Sweeper smack to precision (:wacko:), and MTB bump to backstopie to grind.

UPDATE: It's been hours since I watched this and the Sweeper stunt is still stuck in my mind. I love when we collectively figure out concepts that truly surprise each other after all these years, we should always strive to find new stunts more often instead of just finding new spots. I have no idea if that flip the Sweeper got was intentional, but it takes it from a cool idea to something truly brilliant and vital ;D.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 12:51:11 PM by VaNilla »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal