Author Topic: Wasted time on a stunt  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
Re: Wasted time on a stunt
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2015, 09:56:39 AM »
Oh, the point was to post a spot that you nailed but wasted time on it?

Then it must be MaƱoso's finisher, thought it only took less than 2 days to land it.

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »
Oh, the point was to post a spot that you nailed but wasted time on it?
Mainly, but not at all. I was always curious about some kickass stunts anyway.  :P

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »
If so, then I should add three more spots: first one being this (the highest part of the ship) and this (Requiem was extremely close to landing the lower part for Ultima, he basically just bounced backwards off the vertical wall and fell off).

When it comes to VC, it's this one. 

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2015, 11:16:54 AM »
Probably my boost spot from the latest MO video, that one was around with me for years, and I've taken a good break from it before going back to it and it still took a long while then.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2015, 01:37:54 PM »
Landed a Prec in SF last year that I worked on, on and off for about 5 years. Found out it was old a year prior to my land.

Not only was it already old, but the way it was used blew my mind, not a finisher..not even a pre finisher/opener.

Offline UndeadX

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2015, 12:44:31 AM »
Out of stunts that I have landed my nrg treebump in Savage is probably the most difficult one, and also the one that took the most time. I don't even know how many times I edged, slid off or overshot it...  :(

I have a couple of unlanded spots that I've spent a lot of time on, and a few that are 100-200+ hours. Maybe I will land them one day  :P

Offline TrYp

• Veteran Member
  • X
    • View Profile
    • http://sampforum.hu
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2015, 01:35:54 AM »
Obviously the main opener of Wasteland. Spent exactly one year on it, by trying it every single week for at least a hour, sometimes more than one day. Been trying a well known bush bump in Saivc since then, haven't landed it yet.

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2015, 02:11:58 AM »
Over 100+ Hours on a GTA V stunt which was the Stunt Of The Year last year. I thought I could have landed in a way shorter time though, only if I got the technique properly earlier + probably some luck :P

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2015, 04:00:50 AM »
I think my record is 'just' around 30-50 hours, at least in a shorter period of time. Then I get completely bored and stop trying it for months, years..Sadly I tired a lot of my spots for too much time and they all become boring, I've always felt bad not being able to land them. I remember I was trying my LV hat stunt for 2 weeks consecutively, at least 2 hours every day. My mind was all about that stunt and I wanted to land it sooo badly, I almost cried and ragequited when I fell off 3 times in a row and I thought it would never happen. Minutes later it did.

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2015, 05:01:18 PM »
There's a really shit stunt I found back in like 2008 or so and I still have it unlanded. I found that on PS2. I spend a long, long time on it. And it's not worth it because it's a palm prec and palm precs are gay.

I also have a slick Sandking big air stunt that I try every time I open SP, still hoping to land it soon.

Offline SALYNN

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2015, 01:42:23 AM »
I still have an Infernus spot that remains unlanded since 2012 but I probably won't try it again. I've spent around 500 hours on it +/- and I'm just tired of it. It's kinda like a ramp2bump2precision.

Most of my stunts were landed after 8-30 hours of trying and probably with 2 or 3 of them in only 1/2 hours.

One of my favourite stunts I've landed only took me around 2 afternoons tho, which is Ultraviolet's Finisher.

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2015, 01:48:02 AM »
Nice preci buddy!

Offline ZeRo_

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2015, 04:26:04 AM »
It was interesting to read some of those results. :cc_detective:

I don't really keep track of the amount of time I spend on my stunts but I guess the most time-consuming one (that I have landed so far) was my downtown natbump in Satori. :ajaja:

Offline Eddie

• Veteran Member
  • Resurrected
    • View Profile
    • I SIR EDWARD!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2015, 04:36:37 AM »
I still have an Infernus spot that remains unlanded since 2012 but I probably won't try it again. I've spent around 500 hours on it +/- and I'm just tired of it. It's kinda like a ramp2bump2precision

I have a very similar spot probably with similar hours so between us we have a baby  :Disgusted:

Offline jooker

• LLS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2015, 05:00:46 AM »
It was interesting to read some of those results. :cc_detective:

I don't really keep track of the amount of time I spend on my stunts but I guess the most time-consuming one (that I have landed so far) was my downtown natbump in Satori. :ajaja:
Still have no idea how did you do that stunt. I was trying it in 2011, but never had a vertical bump, but horizontal to the bridge.  :lol: Should retry it, maybe my skills are better now. hahahahaha

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal