Author Topic: Bergmanmusic  (Read 7187 times)

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bergmanmusic
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 12:55:55 PM »
...........aaaaaaand another one. In Swedish though.

Bergman - När Formen For

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
Vi ska va' kvar!

In Swedish, hockey song for our team.

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »
I can notice you've got better in terms of mixing and mastering. Drums sound nice and tight!

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »
I can notice you've got better in terms of mixing and mastering. Drums sound nice and tight!

I can tell you I still don't have a fucking clue about any of that shit...;) I still mix in Vegas too.
But thanks man, if it sounds better to you...the I've obviously improved at some level :P I still know what to be better at, I just don't know how to do it yet. I'll buy Cubase soon, which I know will help me a lot.

Oh by the way, would you be able to mix some similar project for me in the future? I might contact you because it's more comfortable to get it done by a pro.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:39:36 PM by Bergman »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 06:41:48 PM »
I can tell you I still don't have a fucking clue about any of that shit...;) I still mix in Vegas too.
But thanks man, if it sounds better to you...the I've obviously improved at some level :P I still know what to be better at, I just don't know how to do it yet. I'll buy Cubase soon, which I know will help me a lot.

Oh by the way, would you be able to mix some similar project for me in the future? I might contact you because it's more comfortable to get it done by a pro.

Oh LOL, I just heard the track again on my headsets (gave them a rough listen at first on other speakers) and drums aren't as sharp as I thought they were but they do sound better :P did you changed samples or something?

Cubase is great for mixing and mastering as I've heard from some guys I know, but I'd recommend you to download the demo version first (or pirate a full one to get more control over the features) and try to get used to it, and see if you actually like it (if you didn't used it already) before you buy it. Just a little tip :P I also heard ProTools was used for mastering, but if you know how to properly execute it you can get the job done in any workstation :)

Aww you think that about me? <3 I'm no professional but I'll gladly give you a hand if I'm able to! Just throw me a msg over Facebook or GTAS PM. :D

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 07:39:35 PM »

Oh LOL, I just heard the track again on my headsets (gave them a rough listen at first on other speakers) and drums aren't as sharp as I thought they were but they do sound better :P did you changed samples or something?

Cubase is great for mixing and mastering as I've heard from some guys I know, but I'd recommend you to download the demo version first (or pirate a full one to get more control over the features) and try to get used to it, and see if you actually like it (if you didn't used it already) before you buy it. Just a little tip :P I also heard ProTools was used for mastering, but if you know how to properly execute it you can get the job done in any workstation :)

Aww you think that about me? <3 I'm no professional but I'll gladly give you a hand if I'm able to! Just throw me a msg over Facebook or GTAS PM. :D

I only changed the snare drum sample I think but as always I'd love a real and good sounding drum set but in my town there ain't much room for that. As for myself I live in an apartment which means I can't have a drum set unless my neighbours would love to hear me smash it every single day. I do know a couple of good drummers though, but I'd like to save my request for them to play until I have bigger and more serious projects.
Mixing itself is far too complicated for me, since I (to this moment) use Sony Vegas and there ain't much presets or even a single "visual" EQ/Compressor/anything, so all these years I've gone by my own ear trying to make the shit I make sound better.
On the other hand, I've come to realize some sounds are easier to mix with but when it comes to the natural sound for the song that's something you can't really change too much. If you listen to my EP, I had the perfect self-made sound I'd been working with for years but in the final mix it was so amazingly tough to work with it took me months to make it sound as close to the way I had in mind. The drums are very inaudiable and it has a very special sound overall, but then again my goal was to make it my own sound because everything was as fucking home-made as you can ever fucking get with my equipment.
For example; the sound I used for this song fits perfectly only for this song but wouldn't for the world work in my EP.
After all I'm so fucking proud of my four-track release even if it sounds like shit to the general ear, but that's because I did everything myself (well, except stealing all the drum kit samples) and I made it sound as close to the original idea as I could.

And as I mentioned, I do have one amazing project going on which is as far from rock/metal as it could get.
I've stripped down everything to the basics, which is nothing but the unmixed (apart from the reverbs) sounds of an electrical piano I bought a couple of months back and what I'm really doing is fucking myself in the ass because it is in fact a highly radio-friendly song MADE for radio playing since I'm nowdays don't have an employment because I quit my job trying to get into the music business and that's why I need to make some money, so I'm about to knock on the front door of that game regardless how much I dislike that industry. I'm in this to make a living.

That's where I'd like you to come in since you obviously have the knowledge and the equipment to make this happen.
I'd like to contact you within a few days/weeks and give you a shot at this project to see if you'd be able to pull it off. I have contacts around the city that could help me with what I want, but I'd be fucking interesting to test your skills as a mixer because after what I've heard you're fucking talented in my ears.

Look at me, writing a fucking book but face it, I'm drunk and I'm trying to convert my thoughts into words  :P

I'll keep you updated (Y)

Edit; Oh and uh, I've lost interest in pirating shit. I'd gladly pay for software these days.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:42:39 PM by Bergman »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 09:30:31 AM »
Of course it will not have any of these type of tools, what were you expecting from a video editing software? haha
Might be because of your drunkness or my lazyness but I didn't fully understand the "if you listen to my EP [...] with my equipment" part :lol: but indeed, natural and real sounds are pretty hard to mix or glue them togheter if you don't have the correct samples/equipment. I have tried to help a friend with his music, and trying to mix real drums and guitars was quite difficult than expected.

It is tough to move on from styles but yeah, you gotta do the best to get yourself out there. Then maybe later you can switch back to your own thing prolly under another alias or something like that :P

The only thing I will ask you to do, no matter what, is that if you send me recordings make sure that when you record them you're playing exactly as you can get to the tempo. Let's say you're about to record something at 150 BPM, put on some online metronome (http://a.bestmetronome.com/) and then record, just in case we have to add drums or something, I can place them accurately.

Let me know any other news you might have! ;)

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 06:14:22 PM »
Oh fuck haha how smashed was I..
I'll give you a call sometime  :cc_detective:

Offline Balance

• Boys Don't Cry
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 03:23:52 AM »
anywhere we can download these? I'd like to sample some, got some ideas in my head.

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 03:44:05 AM »
anywhere we can download these? I'd like to sample some, got some ideas in my head.

I'll upload anything you'd like in any form you'd wish.

Offline Balance

• Boys Don't Cry
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 04:00:06 AM »

I'll upload anything you'd like in any form you'd wish.

awesome. you got "don't need a costume for halloween" in wav? maybe even an instrumental version?

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 04:08:44 AM »
Absolutely, I'll PM you soon.

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »
Bergman - Snöhelvete

Sitting at home again, drunk all by myself. Another one in Swedish. Short as fuck. It's about snow.

Translation:

"Fucking snow, go to hell
What the fuck are you doing here
Die, motherfucker
You're stealing seats at the pub
A fucking trouble
Imagine if you could have an early vacation
In a glacier of your own choice
But within all the plagues you're temporary"

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:40:15 PM by Bergman »

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 03:14:13 PM »
...and here's another fucker.

Bergman - Circle of Fucking Life

Made in one evening with help from some beers.
I noticed I fucked up the lyrics in the video now but it's too late to fix so...FUCK THAT!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:54:57 PM by Bergman »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal