Author Topic: Launching problem  (Read 1486 times)

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Launching problem
« on: July 30, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »
My game crashes after selecting Story Mode from the menu, does any of you know a solution to this?  :hmm:

Offline electric

• Veteran Member
  • Dank
    • View Profile
Re: Launching problem
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:15:52 PM »
A possible solution to fix this issue is to follow this next few steps:

Start GTA V online, this will open the game. Once you are in the GTA V online, you have to created your online character. Once this is done go to step 2.
Once you are in the game use the character switch mode and select your story mode character. The ‘ALT’ key or whatever key you have selected for this .
The game will jump from the online to the Story Mode with succes. It’s a bit strange to get the game started.

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 04:08:17 AM »
How do I start GTA Online though? I can only see a general GTA V launcher in the folder.

Edit: Found it but GTA:O also crashes after the R* intro while it's loading.  :(
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:31:03 AM by PrzemOO »

Offline electric

• Veteran Member
  • Dank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 05:29:19 AM »
Try verifying your installation. This will let the Social Club launcher (or Steam, for Steam versions) verify all game files and re-download any that are corrupt or missing.
For the standalone, Rockstar Warehouse version:
Hit "Start", "Run", and type "cmd" without the quotes. Hit enter.
Type "cd c:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V" without the quotes in the cmd window that pops up. Hit enter.
Note: If you’ve installed the game to a different directory, enter that directory instead.
Type "GTAVLauncher.exe -verify" in this window (no quotes again) and hit enter.
For the Steam version:
Right click the game in the “Library” tab.
Click “Properties”.
Click the “Local Files” tab.
Click “Verify integrity of game cache…”

Also

Check your “launcher.log” file located in “My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V”. There are helpful errors there that may give more information to assist you in resolving the problem. You can search the Support Site for specific info in that file.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:31:16 AM by Iivou Khalep »

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:13:18 AM »
I verified the installation, now the game is re-downloading 10GB to replace corrupted files I suppose. Thanks for your help so far, we'll see in a week or two if it worked or not (my connection is horrible lol).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal