Author Topic: Ask NU  (Read 68291 times)

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
Re: Ask NU
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2015, 02:25:00 AM »
Question: if someone makes an audition to NU, will the members be bothered to watch it and vote?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2015, 02:46:28 AM »
Yes.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2015, 05:08:28 AM »
Yes, although the voting sometimes takes longer than expected.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2015, 09:08:06 AM »
2 weeks should be enough, just accept the guy. He is talented we all know  :sleep:

Offline Slasher

• Goon Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2015, 07:20:33 PM »
I never followed the whole GTAS community so what did y'all do before NU? :euro:

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2015, 12:03:45 AM »
They stunted in other GTAs and in other crews.

Offline Slasher

• Goon Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2015, 09:38:21 AM »
Yea obviously, I've seen some montages from WH back in my speedrunning days so I remember Daffy and Taz but other than that I'm pretty much clueless. I just thought it would be interesting if they told what teams they've been in before, what was their main GTA game for stunting and what made them start stunting on V

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »
I started in SA in 2007, in 2008 I released my first SA solo called Daybreak.
! No longer available
After that video I got invited into a SA crew called Stunting Society which I stayed in for one video which was called Connexion.
! No longer available
After that I moved on to a SA crew called ESU, which I was also in one video with, which was called Reflection Continues.
! No longer available
After that I started to get tired of SA and at the same time I got convinced by a friend to join his new VC crew called Volatile Reticent (You can find pretty much all of VRs releases here: https://vimeo.com/user9044604/videos), I stayed in that for a good while, until I got invited to WH, which I stayed in for 2 videos, Called Devour and Equinox, and then went back to VR. Fast forward a bit and VR turned inactive and I joined a VC crew called Devoted Pattern, which I'm still in. If you want to see videos from them just check out their section on the forums, I've been in the most recent crew videos. And sometime during DP daffy contacted me to ask if I wanted to join a V crew, which I said yes to  :happy:

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2015, 03:54:44 AM »
Found SAMP back in mid 2007. Started doing skatepark stunts in like July/August with a friend of mine. Found a few old videos of GTAS and checked the forum. My friend quit and I ended up here. Did like 2 random collabs in SA before I bought VC and got hooked. I was in a crew called HR for a short while, only ended up in one crew video somewhere in early 2008. Joined DSS somewhere in 2009 with what I recall being an audition that was purely based on 3 good stunts and the rest was garbage. I was just in time to join the crew video they said, but it still took like 6 weeks before it was released. It was called Esoteric and is still my favorite DSS normal crew video I've been in. Did quite a lot of videos with those guys, the highlight definitely being G' imo (a VCMP live video). Started stunting in IV a bit but never really got hooked. I still try it from time to time though since it's fun for a day. DSS gradually got inactive somewhere in 2012. I left, people got sad but didn't tell me, and I joined SSU. Did more SA videos with them than VC and eventhough I was never 100% active it was fun. Those are some weird people, in a good way  :D At the end of DSS and somewhere in SSU I did two live videos which I'm pretty excited about (See What I Saw (and part 2), the title is a random reference to Kert's "See what I See" (which is a must watch in terms of VC history)). Braindead was definitely the best SA video I've been in, and even if it was only one stunt I'm very proud of it. I was never motivated for SA since I found VC, so to land a cool stunt like that was awesome. Made a second real solo video (my first was decent but nothing worth showing) called Dreamtime, a taxi only video which I guess is my speciality. Won solo of the year because it was in between Barney years. Also editing of the year eventhough it took me less than a day total, which I found weird but I wouldn't change much if I could redo it apart from a few bug fixes (went away for a week and wanted a 2013 release). SSU made one final video for which I had nothing and that felt bad. In my defense I did try hard for it but either lost my spots and/or edged them continiously (clowns pocket top "prec" p2b for example). SSU slowly faded away into the hall of fame and I decided to audition for MO. Got in, and now we're here. Going to make another VC solo before I stop with it for a while except for some remakes and crew videos. Want to focus more on V but in order to do that I need less projects/videos at once. I will always be a VC stunter. Most of the random youtube folk knows me because of my V stunts, but those stunts are much easier than the average stunt in my taxi solo imo. I still like them though but they are not hard by today's V standards. At the time they were somewhat decent.

The reason I joined NU was because of well, inactivity of SSU mixed with the fact that it was something new. Had an incident with some DSS people which almost prevented me from getting in. Some of the members never really talked but the Skype chat was so active during the early days. Every week more and more possible spots were found and limits were being hammered at. I never imagined it would be possible to do the average stunt nowadays (well yea that's mostly the hakouchu's fault). I guess that was the same for SA and VC though, things just went quicker here because we kind of knew what to do. Gliding was still completely open for testing though. From backflipping to holding the stick at and angle to "gotta be pumpin' yo glide m8". Almost 8, I'd say very successful, years of stunting and counting  :cc_detective:

[DSS] - G'
Slayer is also in this video^
SSU - Braindead
My stunt is at 9:09. The style of these videos above is just something you don't find in V videos so far. My hope is on Paul's solo and otherwise I'll have to do it myself  :euro:

Rainbow - Dreamtime

What a shitload of text man (beware of spelling fuck ups, cba to read it :D)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:18:22 AM by Rainbow »

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »
Question, is that a new crevid in progress?

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2015, 01:22:40 AM »

if you mean is there, yes there is a new crewvid in progress.

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2015, 07:51:58 AM »

if you mean is there, yes there is a new crewvid in progress.

And can we expect alien stunts from you, again? :ninja:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2015, 09:01:44 AM »
It's gonna be my best 'performance' in any V video so far. And personally I think it's going to be the best NU video so far as well. Really looking forward to it  :jajaja:

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2015, 09:33:01 AM »
Simon OP, pls nerf :Disgusted:

Offline toty

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2015, 10:16:31 AM »
daffy will participate?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal