Author Topic: Stunting With Style #1  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Badinfos

• I like to stunt
    • View Profile
Stunting With Style #1
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is Badinfos and I would like to present to you Stunting With Style #1. I usually don't upload GTA content on my channel, but decided to have some more variety and make a stunt video. I wasn't expecting to have that much fun doing it, but actually I had a blast :P

I know that the stunts cannot even compare to what most of you can do, so if you can, could you give me some pointers/suggestions on how I can improve my second solo ? Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

About the music: I see that most of the stunt videos have some kind of a meta/rock song. Sadly being a YouTube partner I have to watch out for copyright strikes, therefore I had to use a song, which has a free license. I didn't like the song much, but it was the best one I can work with.

So without further ado, I present to you "Stunting with style #1"

GTA Vice City - Stunting With Style #1

YouTube channel: Badinfos

Offline CrazyClown-

• Bonkers Founder
  • White Stunter
    • View Profile
Re: Stunting With Style #1
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »
1st
Nice stunts for first solo and good editing .  :a-cheer:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:05:56 AM by CrazyClown- »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »
My only advice would be to try harder stuff.  :) And the finisher looks weird. Could be explained by my lagging browser because I am uploading but still you had a lot of speed after landing.

Offline Dev

• producer
  • LLS Crew
  • producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:01:53 PM »
Boost on precision was really cool. Nice editing, but next time I want see 30 fps in your movie.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
Very nice video! Liked how clean the stunts looked. Song and editing worked well together. Overall enjoyable, but if you want to improve you should try to find new stunts to land, and push yourself to land harder ones.

Oh and, if you don't know what's new and what's old, find yourself a confidante here on gtas to consult, I remember sending tons of reps and clips to Crazy back when I started! If you hang around here, after a while you'll know what's new and old from watching videos + reading comments on what was old and new.

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 01:41:20 PM »
finisher looks modded as hell

overally enjoyable video, liked that music+editing combination, also my tip is to record your stunts at 30fps, also render final video with 30fps, thats what VC is optimized for.

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:57 PM »
It's been mentioned a few times, but set FPS at 30. This can be done in the setting menu. In case you play with frame limiter off, set it to on, VC is optimized for that as said.

Also, pretty good for a beginner; though I've seen all these before it is always cool to see what new people are able to find. You did a lot of bumps, which were cool, but try some diversity. It makes you understand the game's physics better, allowing you to land harder stunts.

Offline Shingetsu

• The Dark Matter
  • Veteran Member
  • Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 05:11:16 PM »
Finisher modded  :angry: and plz make your vid at 30 fps  :sleep:

Offline Badinfos

• I like to stunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »
1st
Nice stunts for first solo and good editing .  :a-cheer:
Thank you for the nice words, it's always a great feeling when you see someone that likes your work. A few pointers could have been nice, but thank you for the reply anyway :)

My only advice would be to try harder stuff.  :) And the finisher looks weird. Could be explained by my lagging browser because I am uploading but still you had a lot of speed after landing.
I may try harder stunts, but the problem is that I only have so much time a day on the PC, I go to university and work for YouTube aswell. Uploading 5 videos a week and still getting good grades is a hard task. But I understand, if the stunts are harder hey would be more enjoyable.
About the finisher- read my reply to Shadow Dragon below.

Boost on precision was really cool. Nice editing, but next time I want see 30 fps in your movie.
The boost was a fluke actually, I wasn't intending to land on that roof. It's my favorite stunt in the video aswell.
The video is recorded and rendered at 30 fps, I didn't notice the "lag" on my PC, I only noticed it after uploading it to YouTube. I guess the reason for that is that I rendered it at 4bps ? I will mess around with different rendering settings next time, thanks.

Very nice video! Liked how clean the stunts looked. Song and editing worked well together. Overall enjoyable, but if you want to improve you should try to find new stunts to land, and push yourself to land harder ones.

Oh and, if you don't know what's new and what's old, find yourself a confidante here on gtas to consult, I remember sending tons of reps and clips to Crazy back when I started! If you hang around here, after a while you'll know what's new and old from watching videos + reading comments on what was old and new.
Thank you for the long a thoughtful reply. Let me point out a few things:
As I stated above, I have barely enough time to stunt. I may try to land harder stunts, but they would take too much time (time witch I don't have).
I will not spend too much time on the forum, and chances are that I will be around for a day or two more and be away for like a month. I have watched a few videos here over the past month after I registered and got a few ideas from them.
The problem is that I for a person, who just starts watching stunt videos it would be very hard to keep track of what's old and what's new. I'm assuming that stunting began a year or two after the game came out ? That's a lot of years worth of content that I have to watch. So that's out of the question. I will ofcourse try a few stunts that are "hard to see from the first sight"I guess  and see where things go.
Thanks again for the great reply.

finisher looks modded as hell

overally enjoyable video, liked that music+editing combination, also my tip is to record your stunts at 30fps, also render final video with 30fps, thats what VC is optimized for.
about the modding -  read my reply to Shadow Dragon below
about the rendering - read  my reply to Dev above
Thank you for the reply.

It's been mentioned a few times, but set FPS at 30. This can be done in the setting menu. In case you play with frame limiter off, set it to on, VC is optimized for that as said.

Also, pretty good for a beginner; though I've seen all these before it is always cool to see what new people are able to find. You did a lot of bumps, which were cool, but try some diversity. It makes you understand the game's physics better, allowing you to land harder stunts.
About the fps - read above, everything is recorded/rendered at 30 fps. Stunting with fl-off makes my reps ultra slow and that's bad for video, so I stunted with fl-on.

Also I fully agree about the diversity. I've kept my eye on those so-called grinds and I will try a few for my next video.

Finisher modded  :angry: and plz make your vid at 30 fps  :sleep:
Ok first of all this may sound a little harsh, it kinda is, but I don't mean to insult/hurt you, but I will give my opinion to your post with the best of my english-speaking abiliies (which are very low)
First of al you cannot state something based on your opinion and say that you are right without waiting for the reply from the person you are chatting/talking with. Let me explain to you how a conversation/chat works: you state your opinion with a question or an assumption that the person in question (me) did something wrong/something you do not agree with. Then you wait for the said person (again-me) to reply you back with a reasonable response and give you an explanation or give his opinion on the matter. Now if that person is ignorant (as you are now), then you have no business with him and then you can safely say that he "has modded the stunt"

I would also like to say that I was not planning to visit this forum regularly or stunt that often, so I don't feel the need to impress people who I will see for a short while. Needless to say I have not modded any stunt in this video and do not know how to even do so.
If you want I will provide the replay- something which I don't think is needed and will take me a while to find. Time that I can spend on other more productive stuff. But if you so desire- I will find and upload it.
Again- I DO NOT want to offend you in any way, it's just my opinion on the matter.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'm off to bed and will be here in 12+ hours to check for new replies. Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I wrote this in a hurry and making a long-ass quote was very hard :D cya

Offline Optical

• Veteran Member
  • Old school
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »
Good for your first video. Sweet editing, but music was kinda weird.  :blink:
You become better stunter everyday, so keep practising. :)

Offline Dev

• producer
  • LLS Crew
  • producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 01:38:09 AM »
The boost was a fluke actually, I wasn't intending to land on that roof. It's my favorite stunt in the video aswell.
The video is recorded and rendered at 30 fps, I didn't notice the "lag" on my PC, I only noticed it after uploading it to YouTube. I guess the reason for that is that I rendered it at 4bps ? I will mess around with different rendering settings next time, thanks.

Okay. In Fraps should be 30 fps limiter (for example if 60 will be laggs) and usually I render in WMV 8mbs with 100% quality and 30 frames. btw FL should be on when you recordind. Good Luck.

Offline Art  

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 02:48:59 AM »
im rendering VC clips at 5mbps, with 100% sharpness and im getting the smoothest videos ive ever seen, with quality which needs improvement. Check Video Editing Tutorials board, you can find there some cool render settings.

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 11:03:57 AM »
nice work for a first video, editing and stunting wise.

The music actually made me think of a classic stunt vid called "two's tale" as it had music that had sounds of tires/revving up as well and it was older stunts.

I'd say, get the tracking and playback smooth for your next video and that alone will make it easier to enjoy. Also, try to get an eclectic mix of stunts i say. Variety is the spice of life. Even different vehicles/ or less traveled areas can help you achieve this.

Just keep on having fun is the main thing, but if you do want to surpass some standard in stunting or try to raise the bar in any sense, holler at any of us to give you feedback on the replays.

GTAstunting has a YT channel, and it'd help to watch a few of those videos just to get a broader view/scope of what stunts can be and how far the limits can go :)

Cheers

Very much enjoyed it. Now just try to progress and improve  :happy:

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 11:49:25 AM »
Watching :)
Watched!

A lot of natural stuff, Caio likes it! You can try some more grinds for the next video :)
Liked the editing and music too, hope to see more vids from you.

And Badinfos, don't need to take these accusations seriously, these people do it in every topic :lol:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:36:50 PM by Caio »

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »
I see you already get bashed around here, Badinfos.
Seriously, don't mind it.

The video was nice. All the advises I could think of had been mentioned already.
Keep up with these videos!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal