Author Topic: SALC Guide - SAVC Guide  (Read 25366 times)

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« on: January 29, 2006, 12:15:05 PM »
SALC Beta 4 InstallationVC2SA Beta 1 InstallationOld Topic Post:
SALC Installation
the readme for SALC isn't very detailed and can confuse some people, so here's a detailed guide to installing SALC that i wrote.

1. Extract the SALC installation zip to any folder.
2. Make a duplicate of your GTA San Andreas folder (rename it SALC or whatever).
3. Run SA Map Cleaner with the default settings (make sure you choose the SALC directory rather than the original SA directory).
4. Open SAMI and click "Install Mod". Now change the "San Andreas Directory" setting to the SALC directory, then change the "Mod Location" setting to "Folder" and browse to the folder where you extracted the SALC installation files, then click "Continue" and "Install". This will install the SALC radar map fix.
5. Run the SALC installer (make sure you install it to the SALC directory).
warning about SAMI: whatever you do, do not install it in your SA directory because when you go to uninstall SAMI it will also uninstall SA. :side:

SALC beta 3 Details
  • the map is complete.
  • there are collision files missing on certain buildings, just like in VCLC (not sure if they're missing in the same places though).
  • physics and handling are identical to SA.
  • replays work fine.
  • all non-main.scm mods i've tried so far work ok (custom carcols, custom TXDs, SACC, Replay Removed).
  • crappy claude model is used, however cj model (w/ white tanktop, jeans, no muscle) appears in reps.
  • no clothing options.
  • no peds or traffic.
  • some of the light poles are indestructible.
  • you need to make a duplicate of your SA installation just like when installing VCLC.
  • SALC shares the same "user files" folder as SA.
  • no taxi boost. (Dannye has made a main.scm that includes taxi boost)
  • no mod shops.
  • to set the weather with SACC you have to uncheck the weather box and then re-check it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAVC Installation
  • Copy your SA folder (or install it to a new folder) and name the folder "SAVC"
  • Run SA Map Cleaner on your SAVC folder (download: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=198101 )
  • Download the SAVC mod - ==> SAVC @ Filefront <== - (this includes 3 seperate .rar's which you need for the installation)
  • Extract the 153MB one into the SAVC folder:
  • Extract the 9MB one:
  • Extract the 8MB one:
  • Copy SACC and whatever trainer you use into the SAVC folder
  • Click gta_sa.exe and select New Game
If it doesn't work try again. Seriously, the first time Kert and me tried it it didn't work. The second time it did.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 07:52:45 AM by Turtle Dick »

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:16:26 PM »
Does the replay system still have bugs?

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 12:18:10 PM »
Does the replay system still have bugs?
the glitchy shadow effect appears to have been fixed in beta 3. what other bugs have you noticed?

Offline Brainkiller

• Narkissos
  • Veteran Member
  • Twisted Metal Stunters
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 12:19:18 PM »
o.0 i am asking about all those things like wheels not spinning and you can't see bullets in the replay...has that changed in LC?

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 12:21:13 PM »
o.0 i am asking about all those things like wheels not spinning and you can't see bullets in the replay...has that changed in LC?
oh ok. everything is the same as it is in SA. none of the problems with the SA replays have been fixed, unfortunately.

Offline Turtle Dick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »
Great guide!
Too bad I only got 3GB left. :P  

Offline RAD

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 09:46:06 PM »
Replays dont seem to work for me. F2 key does'nt save them into the user files directory, saving them with a trainer/external app and replaying them with F3 button only shows up my normal SA CJ, riding around in empty space.

Any ideas?

Offline Greendead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 09:57:45 PM »
That's normal. That happens to me too. Really strange. First a Claude model, then in replay, CJ model. Wierd... If you wanna do a video,you could just do a skin or something....

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 09:59:14 PM »
sorry but i think this mod is a waste of time no offence. if you have vc and you have the lc mod aswell then the sa lc mod is a waste of time. soory :(  

Offline Krailer

• View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 05:19:41 AM »
  • no taxi boost. (Dannye has made a main.scm that includes taxi boost)
Where can I find this SCM? And are there any spawners that work with this LC mod (jacob's car spawner won't work)?

BTW, since there are no mod shops I can make a CFG which makes cars have hydraulics by default if anyone's interested (it will just add hydraulics to the car as if it was modded in a shop, it WON'T affect the handling at all).

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 05:24:38 AM »
I can upload that scm for ya, one second... (will edit)..

For those having troubles with trainers and such, try (i) downloading the updated launcher that Buzz posted at the start, or (ii) try running the game without the launcher, hence using the gta_sa.exe thats in your SALC folder. If that doesnt work.. well i cant remember anything else.... (i had that problem too, but i fixed it, i think by doing one of those two methods above)

EDIT: Done, see attachment, this is made to work with SALC version 3, it enables taxi boost for taxi/cabbies. Enjoy! Buzz, feel free to add this to your post at the start if ya want.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 05:30:43 AM by Dannye »

Offline Krailer

• View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 05:34:15 AM »
Thanks Dannye :)  

Offline Juan

• Veteran Member
  • TMS
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 07:14:56 AM »
SALC download doesnt work if you have it buzz can you please upload to like yousend it. Also the link for the launcher that works with SACC doesnt work either.

Offline Slim

• TMS Crew
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 09:35:43 AM »
I hate LC! It got my SA all fuckd up! :side:  

Offline Buzzsaw

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SALC Guide - SAVC Guide
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 09:54:40 PM »
I hate LC! It got my SA all fuckd up! :side:
try following the directions. if you made a duplicate of your SA installation then you wouldn't have to worry about "ruining" your original SA installation.  :nono:  

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal