Author Topic: 1.15 Stunting Changes  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Daksad

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1.15 Stunting Changes
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »
I think it's important to check this kind of stuff. If you just ignore this step, you will end up losing more time since you don't know everything in detail.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »
I think it's important to check this kind of stuff. If you just ignore this step, you will end up losing more time since you don't know everything in detail.

Exactly :P. Uploading clips/writing as we speak, check the first post for an update in the next hour or two.

Offline toty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »
Fucking hell guys, you guys take this game too serious. Especially you SS! :lol: :ajaja: :ajaja:
How much time did you spend on checking all that crap? :cc_detective:

You should thanks him  :ajaja: :ajaja: he take his time to help the community he is a nice guys so give him respect.

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »
Of course it's important for stunting and all but you are missing my point. Don't take it too seriously as it's just a game.
How is this about respect, ToTy? Don't be dumb. I simply asked how much time he spent on testing all this. ;)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 09:44:08 AM »
Too long Ed, too long :(. Research is 100% complete, posted in the topic, and all footage has been uploaded. I'll write a summary and send a message to Rockstar tonight, maybe something other people can copy/paste to them as well :).

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »
The summary is now complete. Please message Rockstar with something along these lines, or a link to this topic, so we can get this fixed as soon as possible :euro:.

Summary

This update is a major blow to GTAStunting. Nothing will come close to being as toxic as GTA V 1.11 was (with the complete removal of gliding), but taking gliding and making it 50% as effective as it was in the past? Come on, that's completely nonsensical. On the bright side, not much else has changed.

The new DLC vehicles are very good, but they're not life changing when it comes to stunting. The changes to the Ferris Wheel and the Rollercoaster have kept the collisions exactly the same. Cars are the same, Boats are the same, Helicopters/Planes are the same... everything aside from the Motorbikes and BMX's has either been left unblemished or been significantly improved. Taking stunting aside, they did an awesome job with GTA V 1.15.

Regardless, this is absolutely fatal for GTA V stunting. Just take a look at these.

GTA V 1.15 Gliding Tests - Motorbike Gliding.
GTA V 1.15 Gliding Tests - BMX Gliding.

Motorbikes have been changed the most. Most of the really big airs that have been landed in this game are now completely impossible. Not only that, but the new steering feels extremely slow and unresponsive. Wallriding with motorbikes has completely changed for the worse. BMX's have been significantly taken back by the changes to gliding, but otherwise they're exactly the same.

Where does this leave us? Honestly, I think all of this was a mistake. If Rockstar were trying to get rid of gliding, or change bike physics, they would have done things differently. You can still glide, and you can still stunt. The problem is that it's nowhere NEAR as good as before. In my opinion, this might have something to do with the Thrust or the Sovereign. Honestly, every motorbike feels like it's had its mass increased by 50%, in regards to both steering and gliding.

Perhaps they were trying to minimize the Thrust's wheelie value, given that it could go significantly faster while doing so in previous versions of the game. If that's what they were trying to do, Rockstar made a huge mistake. Many stunts have been landed with the use of the Thrust. Purposely changing how it handles completely ruins the effort that people have been putting into using this vehicle. However, I think it was probably something less sinister than that.

What if some of the values from the new Sovereign were accidentally copied across every motorbike in the game? That would go some ways to explaining the fact that the new heavy steering applies to every single motorbike, EXCEPT for any of the chopper bikes (like the Hexer, Daemon, and Thrust). It would also help to explain the changes to wheelie height for every single motorbike. Maybe it's an issue of sorts with a multiplier in the handling files? I don't know, this is merely speculation, but there's got to be a reasonable explanation. This does not seem like a fix they made on purpose.

Overall, the question of "why" is irrelevant. The message we need to send to Rockstar is that long established vehicle handling/physics should not be changed. Changing these only serves to invalidate all the work that the stunting community has put into working with the game, and actually makes the game less fun for the community at large.

How will racers beat old record times now that the Motorbike handling is so much heavier than it was before? How will this affect the audience of people like Kwebellkop and Nomad Union, now that we will no longer be able to do stunts as capably as we could in the past?

Upon reverting the original changes to Gliding in 1.13, Rockstar had this to say (SOURCE).

Quote from: Rockstar Newswire
A recent update addressed an issue that we saw with the way motorcycles and bikes handled while in the air. As it turned out, many members of the GTA stunting community were disappointed to discover that this fix made pulling off certain popular bike tricks and stunts virtually impossible, so we're going to be restoring the original in-air motorcycle/bike physics in an upcoming Title Update. In general, we are open to keeping unintended ‘glitches’ in the game if players enjoy them and they aren’t causing any negative impact to gameplay or fairness in any way.

I believe that they should follow through with this hypothesis when GTA V 1.16 is released to the public. Hopefully they share this mindset and opinion, based on the facts that I've laid out over the last couple of days. Now, all we can do is hope. :)

Rockstar Support - https://support.rockstargames.com
Rockstar Mouthoff Email - [email protected]
GTA Online Feedback Email - [email protected]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:35:59 PM by VaNilla »

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 01:53:01 PM »
Hey SS when Rockstar offers you a job, can you put in a good word for me? :D They might notice all the work you put in.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 02:49:27 PM »
Hey SS when Rockstar offers you a job, can you put in a good word for me? :D They might notice all the work you put in.

If only that could happen :euro: :(. At least hovering is still there dude :P.

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »
At least hovering is still there dude :P.
Yeah it's still there, but they limited how slowly you're permitted to travel upright in a jet.  You can only mimic how hovering once was if you roll the plane left or right and provide opposite rudder, or fly upside down.  Hilarious how Rockstar didn't pay attention to that!

They should hire me to tweak their plane physics...  :ninja:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:47:54 PM by Viper »

Offline Dreamer83

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 04:52:51 AM »
Hey guys, I'm Dreamer, I'm editor's Insinity :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uuwFWPGP3A

Me and my friend gtasaSTUNT (Raffal now)
We created a team, "sky addicts" we are 3 stunter and we are looking for new stunteur for future videos, we disposins of plusisuer stunt route map created by Ruffian or Bati raffal, if you are interested to join our team and can be in our videos which has come to moement are not well known because we are on our first sent me a comment on the video or Insinity privately for more info. If you are willing we will
test
your skills on a map created by raffal to see if you have the level to join us, come many: D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal