Author Topic: Barney - Homunculus  (Read 32129 times)

Offline Scavenger

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Barney - Homunculus
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »
Best

Offline ExRer

• Veteran Member
  • Biggest Hard Drum&Bass fan on this forum
    • View Profile
    • SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2014, 02:34:15 AM »
Once i tried to stunt in VC....quit after 1 hour. Barney always surprised me, what is possible in that game with such a horrible engine for me. He is my favorite VC stunter, and he is best VC stunter. This video prove it.
Sorcery edit always amaze me. Camera angles, music choice, transitions, overal video feeling. Great job.  ;)

Offline BlackTear

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2014, 05:58:23 AM »
i usually dont watch VC videos, but i always do when i read the name barney somewhere lol.. this is the best solo ever in VC i guess. has there ever been a stunt with more height than this finisher ? oh man  :neen: i know how hard it is to stunt in VC, and those dropbumps would be totally impossible to even get height from for me.. i liked the CSM to the red precisionthingy and the prefinisher (i bet there are many people who thought of it, but there was just no way to get a perfect runup to reach the hotel). well whatever, the only good thing about the editing was that it felt fresh, thats it..

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2014, 06:57:18 AM »
has there ever been a stunt with more height than this finisher ?
Maybe his opener from Monolith? :lol:

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2014, 07:05:39 AM »
nein, this video includes wr record, I guess finisher is highest

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2014, 07:10:18 AM »
nein, this video includes wr record, I guess finisher is highest
I guess so. But that opener must been closest to this finisher. :ajaja:

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2014, 09:04:34 AM »
RAINBOW REVIEW:

STENTS:

Packerbonk2roof: I can vaguely remember this once being posted as a challenge somewhere. Looks really hard and also very good. Really solid way to start the video!
Drop2ledgegrind: A great grind combo like I expected from you. Looks very challenging to get right. Also liked the camera work here.
Stoppie2prec: Didn't see this sort of thing coming  :P I am guessing it is really tricky to get this one right, nice one.
ramp2carsign: One of those stunts everybody knew about by are rarely tried. The way you sticked the landing is about the only way to do it. Pretty insane you managed to squeeze that one possible landing out of the spot.
hillramps2grind: One of my favorites just for the idea and the looks, getting to the grind is not hard at all but getting on there is pretty tricky. Enjoyed it.
dropbump2tracks: Hard, hard aaaand hard. The execution wasn't the best but you did it so whatever  :rolleyes: Had a few tries on this about a year ago but coulden't be arsed to push through with it and invest some time.
airportdrop2prec: Didn't really like it although the 'swagspin' was really nice  :D
mall bump2grind: Another one of my favorites of the video, gave it half an hour after the video was released and managed to get on the grind a few times but coulden't make it across the first corner properly. Great find and very good looking imo. I'll be sure to give it another go sometime for a bit of a longer period.
vertical natbump: One of the oldest remaining natural spots in the game that everyone just knows. Can't say I ever tried it but the verticalness of it all made it look nuts. Great job.
dropbump2BBgrind: Have to say you caught me off guard there. Wasn't really sure what was going to happen when I saw the run-up come into view but this made me say 'wut' out loud. Great execution as well, top notch stunt.
ledgrind2grind: Bailed after the second grind twice because I was carrying too much speed. Your execution was great here, just perfect.
CSM2redbeam: Never thought about this, really liked it!
watergap p2b: Could have picked a better camera angle for this one. Not the best looking packerbump overall but it did suprise me quite a lot! Looks like a bitch not to fall off there. Very nice.
V-Rock precision: One of the things I could have guessed where in here, although I expected a certain packerbump when I saw the run-up. First person to land it, epic one!
moneydrop ledgegrind: Another one of my favorites due to your execution, what a fight that was! Loved it!  :D
PSM2stadium grindprec: As soon as I saw the PSM I knew what was going to happen, not really a fan of the stunt itself but still a great one man. Having to land in the grinding position sure didn't make it easier!
Cocks DSM: Lol'd at the replay name  :P One of those stunts I would have bet were impossible until I saw it unfold before my eyes. This is one of those stunts that only you will do first, things deemed not possible or really really hard but you just go for it. And that pays off. Great one yet again.
vertical p2b parkdrop: Another one of my favorites because of the whole package. The editing kind of cut the stunt into pieces which I didn't like but looking at the replay was awesome. Great stunt from start to finish!
Moist palms top: Personally my favorite of the video and coulden't wait to have a go at this. One of those places I never imagined could be landed, ever. Coulden't believe what I was seeing  :D Had a view looks at the replay and went on to try it. Took about 8 hours to finally stick it I think. Thank you for this spot  :jajaja:
Skimmerbump2tower: The bail folder you supplied with your replays was a pleasure to go through, those bumps are ridiculous man!  :lol: After all those bails I can imagine you settled for the lower part. Epic way to end the video, and what a package of stunts it was. As a side note, is there any chance you still have the set-up? Would love to give it a spin sometime.  :happy:

EDITING:
This was kind of a battle for me between expectations and outcome. When I found out you were editing I had mixed feelings. I knew it wasn't going to be something like his previous solo's, which I could play forever. At first glance I didn't like it, but after rewatching it a few times the editing kind of growns on you and it gets more enjoyable. The atmosphere you created was kind of 'empty', it didn't really get to me or make any emotion take the upper hand. Most of the camera angles are really nice (second stunt in the video and the moneydrop ledgie come to mind), and you really know how to edit grinds. However, taking that grinding camera angle style to big airs just doesn't cut it for me. You really neglected showing run-ups here which I think was a big bummer. Also on the docks CSM near the end I saw more sky than buildings which made the stunt look smaller than it was. Your Freeplay (and/or camhack) angles are still as I expected from you, really solid and good looking every time, they add something to the video  :happy:

DEM TUNES: Had to view the credits to find out it was your track. It sounds really good and as a standalone song it's a great song to stunt on and put in loops. Hard one to skip so definitely a big plus here. You should make an album and get a record label deal or something  :D The variation and changes in tempo are really really nice. Got a download linky for a good quality of it?  :)

OVERALL: The stunts were on the level I expected the moment I heard you were making another video, so around Monolith level. Brutal, big, small, technical, everything. I did think there would be more than just PCJ stunts but seeing how they are all high standard I won't complain here  :D Eventhough Sorcery probably did a good job given the music he picked and the stunts supplied, I still feel like I would have loved to see something else instead. I mean I really enjoy the music as a standalone but it made the atmosphere so emotionless/effortless that I just have to say that this is my least favorite Barney solo.

TL;DR: Just read it lazy people  :P Also spelling mistakes are in here, so just read it like it should have been.

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2014, 04:32:18 PM »
Why the fuck is everyone complaining about the editing, god fucking forbid Sorcery wants to be creative instead of downloading the newest hard/death/metal/core In Flames Dimmu Borgir whatever fucking song and ramming the video with 200 earthquake plugins. I can't even imagine how much work Sorcery put into editing this and its lame as fuck that (presumably) months of work is degraded by saying "you ruined it" - if you're going to give criticism at least make it constructive.

As for the stunts holy fucking shit, solo of the year. The variety of stunts was great, my personal favourites were the LC Ledgegrind at the car park, the VC airport prec, the LC stadium prec and the finisher. I think it's safe to say Barney is one of, if not the best stunter ever as it seems every video he releases raises the bar for stunting.

This

shit just got fcking real.

In my pants when i saw these stunts, starting with that stoppie. I remember seeing you doing these super stoppies and i'm always looking for spots to utilize them and this was aces. Guess i could try to take it to the ledge grind....yea right!  :lol: bump to car sign, fuckin Natch bitch! The AP stunt, i mean, was that the planned execution. wtf!  The mall grind... the vert bump....etc.

Non stop all killer no filler as usual man. Thanks for the pursuit of high level stunting Barney again  :ajaja:

I didn't know what to expect from the editing, but i figured it would be unconventional in comparison to the earlier videography.  The stunts were clear and nothing was distracting for  me watching the stunts, so that helps when it'ss these caliber of stunts. Only thing i would've liked more of is more run up time, as i'd love to see all the stunts, mainly big air ones, from the beginning to get the whole "picture" It definitely has the scary window feel and props for going and also creating the soundtrack. 

Enjoyed it, nice job Barney and Joe. It must've been hella fun getting to edit such great stunts.  :mellow:

And this comment, sum up my opinion on the excellent solo you've made once again, really inspiring stuff and eventhough I am less of a fan of the stuck methods side of things I still could more than just appreciate, love, the unique stuckies in the end of the videos that were all fantastic spots. Ofcourse the natural stunting in the beginning was for me a real delight to see.

Fantastic video, thanks for still keeping at it and making it happen.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2014, 07:22:20 PM »
I'll also do a full review since it's been a long time since I've done one and a video of this magnitude deserves them.

STUNTS:

Packer Bump to Roof: Nifty spot with a solid execution, the angle and the way you came up through the poles made it look sick and a great way to open the video.
Drop to ledge grind: My first favourite stunt from the video, looks like it would be a very challenging spot from the combination of dropping to the ledge and then it goes straight into a curve but it looked effortless.
Roof Stoppie to Precision: This is definitely one of my favorite stunts from the video; getting a stoppie to last that long in the first place is hard (for me anyway), never mind getting it around the building and then landing it to a precision, it kind of reminded me of Questions grind to stoppie at the mall in Quake 2. Great spot and it was pulled off stylishly.
Ramp to Car Sign Precision: I think this is one of those spots that everybody has known about but nobodies ever tried to land it. For some reason I was expecting a grind on the top (gap to grind the sign to prec the wall below anyone?), but the precision was still very impressive as it looks like that sign would be quite glitchy.
Hills to Grind: Another sick stunt, the amount of tries it must have took to even get up to the rail made it an overall noteworthy stunt.
Drop Bump to Train Tracks: I thought pretty much every way to land those tracks had been done by now, looks like getting a bump on that spot would be hard, good job.
Airport Roof to Box Precision: This is definitely one of my favorite stunts from the video and it surprises me that it hasn't been done before; the idea and the execution were on point and the landing looked cool as fuck.
North Point Mall Bump to Grind: I'd been trying that for a random video in the mall I was gonna make, that spot is horrid since most of the time you end up going behind the building and falling under the map, extra points for finding it and landing it so well.
Vertical Bump to Roof: I think this is another one of those spots that everybody knows but nobody has landed; I'm not a massive fan of airs but I can tell that spot must of taken a while to land, the bump and landing looked pretty sweet too. When you started tilting forward in the air I was expecting a mid air grab but the bump to roof is sick enough.
Drop Bump to Grind: Not many stunts make me go "wait what" but this one definitely did; was expecting the usual CSM or bump from the little ramp further up but this was definitely unexpected and a sick stunt and idea in general.
Ledgegrind to Grind: I dunno if it was just me but this seemed like abit more of a filler stunt compared to the others; not to say that it wasn't good since it'd probably take me a long fucking time to land that and it's a great idea for a spot with a perfect execution, but it still felt slightly lackluster compared to the other stunts or even older videos like Monolith.
CSM to Red Beam: That also caught me off guard; I was expecting a distance stunt or a gap over the water, not a vertical bump to a precision. Great idea and execution.
P2B Watergap: As said before I'm not a big fan of bigairs etcetera and this didn't really have the wow factor that other stunts in the video did, but I can still respect it based on the time it must have took and the fact that landing on that roof must have been a nightmare, I wish I had that kind of perseverance. 
PSM to V-Rock Sign: Just like the LC tracks I thought the V-Rock sign had been landed in every way possible, but once again I'm proved wrong. Wasn't expecting a PSM either, was expecting a P2B or another big air stunt from the history of stunts in that area, good job.
Drop Bump to Ledgegrind: Like the other ledgegrind this one also felt kinda weak compared to everything else; still a great stunt, the angle for the grind looks like a bitch but I'd assume it's nothing for the master of ledgegrinds.
PSM to Stadium Precision: Definitely another favorite from the video, the idea and execution along with the landing made it look sick, especially since there was rotation instead of a straight up vertical bump.
Docks CSM: I'd always thought this was impossible since the run up on the corner is fucking horrible but you nailed it with a sick execution.
P2B to Roof: As said before I'm not a fan of big airs but this made me dribble coffee all over the place, how can it be possible to even get that high. I wouldn't have the determination to even deal with the runup, never mind the bump to roof. Fucking sick.
Hotring CSM to Roof: This was another shocking big air stunt, pretty sick considering the run up for that spot would be horrific combined with the fact the landing is tiny.
Skimmer CSM to Airport Tower: God fucking damn, just looking through the replays was horrible, major respect for landing that.

EDITING:

I've already shared my thoughts on the editing on the previous page but I'll reiterate them again; asking for it to be re edited or simply bashing the editing saying "it sucks" or it "ruined the video" is disrespectful as fuck; yes, Barney has the whole heavy metal persona attributed to him since that's what has been used in the majority of his videos, however it's plainly obvious Barney worked closely with Sorcery to achieve the final outcome of the video; if Barney wanted it to be a "hardcore" edit, then it would have been but at the end of the day it's up to him how his videos are produced. If you're going to hate on the editing, atleast try and make it constructive and make specifics for the editor to take feedback from, not "editing sucks lel re edit plz".

Personally I thought the editing was great; the stunts spoke for themselves and the editing presented them clearly instead of emphasizing them; yes, sometimes it's nice to have an edit that highlights the prominence and accentuates the scale of the stunts, however sometimes it's nice to take a break from the monotony of videos with heaps of special effects and hard music; Sorcery did a great job on the editing, the video glitching and whole vaporwave style was rad and it fitted the video well instead of taking away from the video like some editing does. The music itself was also a strong point as it was made specifically for the video which may be a GTAS first? I don't mean to downplay any of the other editors on here but Sorcerys creative vision for these videos is, atleast in my opinion, unprecedented.

10/10, no doubt about it, and unless some heavy hitters drop a solo or collaboration in the next few months, there's a high probability this will be video of the year.

Offline Danger

• LLS Crew
  • LLS Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2014, 01:40:16 AM »
Just perfect. I'm too lazy to write something else, anyway everyone knows that this is the best video :D

Offline Szuhos

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2014, 04:23:12 AM »
This video rocks! Well Done Barney!

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »

Offline NSNhockS

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2014, 05:41:28 AM »
Wait forever new clip of Barney
Stunt awesome 10/10

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »
WHAT THE FUCK?! IS THIS EVEN REAL?? One of the best videos I have ever seen...speechless. Thanks for landing some spots I have been trying for some years, good to see that shit finally landed. Oh btw 1:56 is old by me (it's not like you get to say everyday that Barney landed a stunt you already did). All of the stunts were special in their own way and as in every Barney video there was a great balance of technical and big-air stuff. Editing was typical Sorcery-style (which implies that I like it). This really made me want to stunt, I might dare myself to open VC after a long time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:16:20 AM by Jubito »

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2014, 11:17:24 AM »
I might dare myself to open VC after a long time.
Finally some good news :jajaja:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal