Author Topic: Vegas question  (Read 1579 times)

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
Vegas question
« on: August 22, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »
I just got a new computer, and for the first time I can stunt with exceptional FPS. Now I want to stunt again (SA,GTAV) but I need to know what is the best version of vegas to use these days in the stunting community? Vegas 7 was my favorite back in the day, but I was on vegas 9 last I remember, and it had some issues.   

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: Vegas question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:49:05 PM »
I'm still using 7 because that's what I started with and everything is set up perfectly  :P It doesn't make that much of a difference unless you want those extra effects (or perhaps better rendering dunno really).

I might start using 12 pro when V comes out on PC. Heard it's pretty good but who knows.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »
Thanks Rainbow, I'll probably stick with 7 as well, or mess around with the newer ones too, just to make up my mind. Render quality is important to me though, and good plug ins. I didn't know it was up to 12 now.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »
Thanks Rainbow, I'll probably stick with 7 as well, or mess around with the newer ones too, just to make up my mind. Render quality is important to me though, and good plug ins. I didn't know it was up to 12 now.
Don't bother with any version above 8 because they're all filled with the same bugs, and just have minor improvements I never considered to be a big help. I have both 8 and 12 installed and tend to use 12 because of the standard effects in it, which are plugins for versions of 8 and below but if you want to make a video that takes a while to render, just avoid having to rerererererender it by going with 7 or 8.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:15:33 PM »
Don't bother with any version above 8 because they're all filled with the same bugs, and just have minor improvements I never considered to be a big help. I have both 8 and 12 installed and tend to use 12 because of the standard effects in it, which are plugins for versions of 8 and below but if you want to make a video that takes a while to render, just avoid having to rerererererender it by going with 7 or 8.

Awesome, thanks man. Going to get 7 back ;)

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
Oh one more thing (which has little to do with fraps recordings and such), my Vegas 7 struggles with importing .mp4 files and .ts files (also things like .mov, etc, etc..) while Vegas 12 easily imports these. So incase you are using it for anything else than fraps, Vegas 7 can become quite a fight/bitch when it comes to importing the odd cases (although .mp4 is really common).

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 01:31:30 PM »
Oh one more thing (which has little to do with fraps recordings and such), my Vegas 7 struggles with importing .mp4 files and .ts files (also things like .mov, etc, etc..) while Vegas 12 easily imports these. So incase you are using it for anything else than fraps, Vegas 7 can become quite a fight/bitch when it comes to importing the odd cases (although .mp4 is really common).

This is useful information, I do plan on importing video from HD cameras eventually. Thank you ;)

I think I will download both versions.  :euro:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:10:33 PM »

This is useful information, I do plan on importing video from HD cameras eventually. Thank you ;)

About the importing, I think installing certain codecs might solve that but I'm not sure what solves what, but it's still a good move to download some codec packs just in case. Downloading both versions is also a good move though.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 03:12:00 AM »

About the importing, I think installing certain codecs might solve that but I'm not sure what solves what, but it's still a good move to download some codec packs just in case. Downloading both versions is also a good move though.
I downloaded and installed lots of codec packs over the years to solve the issue but nothing really worked. In the end I converted all my .mov's and .mp4's (although it can handle GoPro clips for some reason) to almost lossless avi's which I could import. But this is not really a direction you should want to go in unless you are desperate. So yes, getting both is probably the best here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal