Author Topic: 1.16 Stunting Changes  (Read 2641 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
1.16 Stunting Changes
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:41:43 AM »
Downloading now. Will post any information I find in here + go down the list in the 1.15 Stunting Changes thread and see if everything has been reverted to 1.00/1.14 status. Let's hope! :euro:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52294/the-gta-online-san-andreas-flight-school-update-now-available
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202968656--8-19-14-GTAV-Title-Update-1-16-Notes

UPDATE 1: Gliding is back :D. Will need to do more in depth testing, but it feels exactly the same as 1.00 on first impressions.
UPDATE 2: Everything is back to normal, 100%. Detailed notes coming later tonight :).

Having tested everything from the 1.15 Stunting Changes topic, I can confirm that gliding has been fixed! Everything relating to stunting has been set back to normal (GTA V 1.00/1.14). Motorbikes, Cycles, Cars, Boats, Helicopters and Planes... everything. That's great news, but with the addition of new vehicles, there's a couple of things you should know.

• The Sovereign from GTA V 1.15 now handles differently. You can no longer pull wheelies with the Sovereign at high velocity levels. This effectively makes the Sovereign useless for stunting, despite being statistically better than the Daemon (the 2nd best chopper bike). It's impossible to say if this is how Rockstar intended the bike to handle, given that bikes were broken into GTA V 1.15, but it's possible that this is how they wanted it to perform from the beginning. Not problematic, in my opinion.
  • The new Coquette is a good car, but the Z Type is still the best Sports Classics car. The Z Type has higher top speed, but lower acceleration values than the Coquette. The Z Type also has much better braking values, and the same amount of traction. The Coquette gains much less speed from the slow motion ability than the Z Type, and it seems to be heavier as well. The Coquette can gain about 50% as much height/distance as the Z Type at top slow motion speed. Great vehicle, but not very useful for stunting or racing.
  • The new Besra is now technically the best jet for stunting in the game. The Besra makes up approximately 50% of the P99-6 Lazer's surface area, and is approximately two times as large as the Mallard. The Besra has slightly lower top speed and agility values than the Lazer, but higher acceleration/braking, making it great for races with heavy cornering. Due to the significantly better braking values, the Besra can also hover much more effectively than the Lazer. Overall, the Besra can fly through much smaller gaps than the Lazer at similarly high speeds, and while it's better for certain types of races, the Lazer will destroy it in most. However, the best jet really comes to down to personal preference/opinion.
  • The new Mil-Jet is a fantastic new passenger plane. Slightly better top speed, acceleration and braking than the Shamal and Luxor, and the same agility values as both. However, you still wont be able to compete with the Vestra, which blows everything away while racing (aside from the jets). It's also quite large (even larger than the Shamal/Luxor). Great plane for racing, but not worth using for stunting.
  • The new Swift is now one of the fastest helicopters in the game. Slightly higher top speed than the Buzzard, and higher acceleration values. However, the Swift's agility values are much lower than the Buzzard's, given that the Swift is very large by comparison. For long drag races, the Swift is by far the best helicopter in the game, but for very tight, complex courses, stick with the Buzzard. For stunting, the Swift's size makes it worthless compared to the Buzzard.
  • Player's can now equip reserve-parachutes, allowing you to have two parachutes in your inventory at once (purchasable at Ammunation). Ruined your parachute on a building? No problem, just open another one! This also allows you to try some nice combinations with free-falling, like boosting through one gap with a parachute, breaking off your first parachute, sailing down to another gap and parachuting again. This opens up many possibilities for free-fall stunting!

Overall, GTA V 1.16 is a fantastic update for stunting. Fixes all the issues that GTA V 1.15 introduced, and adds some really nice new vehicles to the game :cheernutz:.

UPDATE 3: Made a few minor corrections to new vehicle statistics.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:33:22 PM by VaNilla »

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
Re: 1.16 Stunting Changes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:09:08 AM »
you're as fast as ever with these updates Vanilla. :D

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:45:59 AM »
I liek le new car :mellow:

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 08:45:44 AM »
Good updates SS, i know that this topic isn't about what im going to talk but... what about the old stunts collab man? i don't expect to see the video released anymore :unsure:

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 09:06:01 AM »
Good updates SS, i know that this topic isn't about what im going to talk but... what about the old stunts collab man? i don't expect to see the video released anymore :unsure:
LOL

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
LOL

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »
Topic is complete :).

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:06:30 PM »
The Besra has one big problem. Its tail is too tall. Disappointed we didn't get a Hydra in this update.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 04:22:07 PM »
The Besra has one big problem. Its tail is too tall. Disappointed we didn't get a Hydra in this update.

Yeah the tail is a shame, if it were smaller we'd essentially have a complete Mallard replacement for 99% of plane stunts :(. Hydra will come soon though, it's in the files with regards to online scripting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal