Author Topic: Advanced NRG-500 - my thoughts + tutorial  (Read 10746 times)

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced NRG-500 - my thoughts + tutorial
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2020, 11:05:48 AM »
Quite the interesting topic going on here. I don't see this as modding. The way you acquired it in the video is definitely unfair, but this is 100% legitimate, regardless of people liking it or not. It's the exact same as the Stowaway PCJ which reaches insane speeds and no apparent speed limit.

You can get this bike in the game without cheats or mods. Therefor I don't think it qualifies as a mod or cheat on its own. You're free to dislike the 'feature' if you can even call it that, but it doesn't make it modded

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2020, 11:06:38 AM »
Popped tire = handling of the nrg still the original one
Glitched nrg = modified handling line, even if it is a legit glitch
Lol, wut? Any proofs that popped tire = original handling? You based on in-game demonstration, popped tire bike also has modified handling line, which makes nrg-500 movements different compared to regular nrg-500 or it would be no point to use it if it doesn't change anything.

It is coding, not IRL, if you do the one thing, it's already written in the code what is must be done and it switches. If you pop the tire, then bike is going to be with popped tire, it moves from stage of being normal to the next stage - to be the popped tire. Game is gonna read it from the file, probably from the handling.cfg. Just changes for popped tire is less than for glitched bike. You fail the mission, game reads the code, probably wrong code and bug is happening. You still don't see the similarities?

What is the problem just to accept the bike, imagine if rockstar updated the game and added new bike nrg-600,
nrg-500 was the best, but nrg-600 is better and now everyone can use it.

That's why nobody is going to accept that method dude.
If you think its the same than popped tire, go and try your hospital stunt with popped tire, but without the glitched nrg..
Man, i told you i spend a lot of time on this spot, i tried with regular bike, with popped tire, with glitched and with popped tire + glitched, i want to believe that it's possible with regular bike, but i guess it's not. the main problem
of this spot is to enter the turn left and save the speed what is very hard to repeat on regular or PT bike cuz of rad bumps and something, i found that glitched + popped tire is best way to save the speed and enter the turning. Fun fact is that my replay is short, i'm still trying to reland it from the moment i did it, and nothing happened by now. I think i landed one of the hardest stunts and when i hear what it's called lame it's depressing me.

If you land spots which are impossible without that glitch, I don't see a problem, but don't expect it to be accepted in the community collabs, nobody is going to accept stunts with that glitch in not-themed collabs :neen:
Why it must be themed type method, so why you mix taxi boost stunts in videos and other methods? You are making rules again and i gonna say again who are you to set the rules and why someone should keep these rules?
RAD's method was also the unknown bug, it was not invented by devs, all you could do is just tapping. But when you do RADs, game reads something that wasn't planned - bug is happening and you getting the speed. Same you do with glitched bike. I think you all just need to get used of this method, same was with RADs, taxi boost, farm method and others.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:09:36 PM by ARS »

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2020, 11:22:49 AM »
The way you acquired it in the video is definitely unfair..
i've shown the easiest way to get this bike with dannye's main.scm, because every stunter use it.
If someone doubts in getting this bike in original game, here is video about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9buekssSRNY

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2020, 03:15:24 AM »
I’m with you on the boat that it’s facts that PT changes the handling of the bike, because it 100% does, that’s why you don’t loose that much speed while turning and some other advantages, otherwise, no one would use it. But in my opinion there’s limits to this shit and the advanced NRG is definitely out of them.

Although I do see your point that the whole thing is just another glitch/bug, which it is, it can still be considered lame. Would I use the bike if Rockstar decided to release it as an “NRG-600”? No, not for the spots poss with the regular bikes.

The example is GTA: V stunting for me. They found several glitches that are 100% legit such as jumping off Mount Chilliad and getting the infinite glide, sliding with the side of your bike on a downhill to get lots of speed, following the slipstream of someone else to increase the speed, and I’m sure there are some other examples. Do they use them? No, they are considered lame by ultimately everyone.

They get DLCs with new vehicles every now and then and they either make a themed video for the DLC, or they use it in a normal collab/cv with a stunt unique for that vehicle (aka imposs with the regular ones).

They even have their own advanced NRG, the Hakuchou. In V the higher your wheelie, the better results you’re most likely gonna get speed wise on your runup, and the Hakuchous wheelies are really high. They’ve decided that, if it’s possible, they’re gonna use the Bati, the Akuma or other bikes if X spot is possible with them and save the Hakuchou for spots that have a higher bump you can’t really get with any other bikes or for spots that are only possible with the Hakuchou, or else wise it’s considered lame.

How did they get to the conclusion of not using the infinite glide, the sliding glitch, the slipstream glitch or the Hakuchou in X spots? By having the majority of the community agree with these un-written laws. And that is what’s basically happening here.

Yes, the advanced NRG will give you some major time save in some spots that are possible with the regular/pt NRG, and I do get the appeal of that, but that is also what makes it unanimously lame as well. Happens the same thing with the regular NRG too. What do you do when a spot you found seems too easy or not that good to land with NRG? You switch to an FCR/PCJ and leave the NRG for it’s own spots, which is what should happen with the advanced NRG.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:27:08 AM by Afterlife »

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2020, 03:28:04 AM »
I’m with you on the boat that it’s facts that PT changes the handling of the bike, because it 100% does, that’s why you don’t loose that much speed while turning and some other advantages, otherwise, no one would use it. But in my opinion there’s limits to this shit and the advanced NRG is definitely out of them.

Although I do see your point that the whole thing is just another glitch/bug, which it is, it can still be considered lame. Would I use the bike if Rockstar decided to release it as an “NRG-600”? No, not for the spots poss with the regular bikes.

The example is GTA: V stunting for me. They found several glitches that are 100% legit such as jumping off Mount Chilliad and getting the infinite glide, sliding with the side of your bike on a downhill to get lots of speed, following the slipstreams of someone else to increase the speed, and I’m sure there are some other examples. Do they use them? No, they are considered lame by ultimately everyone.

They get DLCs with new vehicles every now and then and they either make a themed video for the DLC, or they use it in a normal collab/cv with a stunt unique for that vehicle (aka imposs with the regular ones).

They even have their own advanced NRG, the Hakuchou. In V the higher your wheelie, the better results you’re most likely gonna get speed wise on your runup, and the Hakuchous wheelies are really high. They’ve decided that, if it’s possible, they’re gonna use the Bati, the Akuma or other bikes if X spot is possible with them and save the Hakuchou for spots that have a higher bump you can’t really get with any other bikes or for spots that are only possible with the Hakuchou, or else wise it’s considered lame.

How did they get to the conclusion of not using the infinite glide, the sliding glitch, the slipstream glitch or the Hakuchou in X spots? By having the majority of the community agree with these un-written laws. And that is what’s basically happening here.

Yes, the advanced NRG will give you some major time save in some spots that are possible with the regular/pt NRG, and I do get the appeal of that, but that is also what makes it unanimously lame as well. Happens the same thing with the regular NRG too. What do you do when a spot you found seems too easy or not that good to land with NRG? You switch to an FCR/PCJ and leave the NRG for it’s own spots, which is what should happen with the advanced NRG.

well said

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2020, 05:52:20 AM »

The example is GTA: V stunting for me. They found several glitches that are 100% legit such as jumping off Mount Chilliad and getting the infinite glide, sliding with the side of your bike on a downhill to get lots of speed, following the slipstream of someone else to increase the speed, and I’m sure there are some other examples. Do they use them? No, they are considered lame by ultimately everyone.

Firstly, i want to say that this is the most adequate reply in this topic. Secondly, i almost agree with everything you said above, but the moment of limits betweeen pt and advanced is interesting for me.
Let's forget about advanced nrg, we have only default and pt.
PT's limits are definitely out of the default bike limits, this is the fact. With PT you can do something you can't do with regular bike, here is example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ac88QMhIrg
So the usage of the pt bike is questionable? If not, so why you accept the pt and not accept the advanced one? Only because the effect of the glitch for PT bike is less than glitch effect for Advanced?
Also, there was talk about saving time by using cleo script for barracks, mavericks, and cars in discord. Very good thing, can't say anything bad about this, only if you gonna use it in places where the original vehicle can spawn, so it's okay.
You are accepting cleo mod to save your time, but isn't it lame if you can do it by yourself? The reason of this question is why you can't switch from regular bike to popped tire or glitched bike if it can save your time? We all can do it, but the problem is your thoughts and doubts which are in your heads. You are trying to set the rules, which are useless, imo.
Or we use all that game give to us or we use nothing - no rad, no popped, no boosts, no tec jumps and etc. (based on your logic)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:54:33 AM by ARS »

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2020, 06:36:31 AM »
So the usage of the pt bike is questionable? If not, so why you accept the pt and not accept the advanced one? Only because the effect of the glitch for PT bike is less than glitch effect for Advanced?
Yes, for me it is because the popped tire bike gives you less of an advantage as the advanced one, because as I said, there's limits, and for me (and most part of the community) the popped tire NRG seems to be inside the limits. It also kind of is because the advanced NRG looks silly. But as I said, it's not that I don't accept the advanced NRG, it's just that it has a time and place of usage, just like the popped tire NRG.

You are accepting cleo mod to save your time, but isn't it lame if you can do it by yourself?
It is pretty lame and I don't accept it all that much to be quite honest. Not the biggest fan of making a vehicle spawn wherever you want it. That's why I don't do it.

Or we use all that game give to us or we use nothing - no rad, no popped, no boosts, no tec jumps and etc. (based on your logic)
How is that my logic?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:41:41 AM by Afterlife »

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2020, 06:51:40 AM »
Yes, for me it is because the popped tire bike gives you less of an advantage as the advanced one, because as I said, there's limits, and for me (and most part of the community) the popped tire NRG seems to be inside the limits. It also kind of is because the advanced NRG looks silly. But as I said, it's not that I don't accept the advanced NRG, it's just that it has a time and place of usage, just like the popped tire NRG.
agreed, at least you got it, that's good

It is pretty lame and I don't accept it all that much to be quite honest. Not the biggest fan of making a vehicle spawn wherever you want it. That's why I don't do it.
also agree with you

How is that my logic?
Not yours, i was based on logic of others who also discussing here

Offline SoLoD

• Fan of 2008 SA stunting. Fan of 2011 video editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2020, 07:03:20 AM »
Afterlife, why do you think that PT nrg has different handlings than standart nrg? Handling is all about numbers in direct nrg file in game folder. Do you think that when you pop the tire, game starting to use a different file for PT bike? Because if it is not, you can not say that PT bike has a different handling.

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2020, 07:11:01 AM »
I don't really know if handling is what changes but something does, if not why would your bike react different to some surfaces, turns, uphills, wallrides, etc.?

Offline SoLoD

• Fan of 2008 SA stunting. Fan of 2011 video editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 07:20:08 AM »
Well, i think it is all about intermediate link. This link = popped tires mechanics. You put this link between game physics and vehicle handling file = you got a PT's movement. But this "link" is a part of a game, it was made on purpose by developers. So, it is perfectly legit.

2 problems this community has with such things.
1 - tell in a video what was used to do a stunt. Popped tire - tell it. And there will be no questions.
2 - there will be someone who will say you "lamed" a spot. Because after someone will land it with PT nrg, and you will land it with standart nrg after that - for community it will be an "old" stunt.
So, nothing can stop you from using both PT and bugged nrg. But you must be ready for some hate.

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2020, 07:21:38 AM »
Afterlife, why do you think that PT nrg has different handlings than standart nrg? Handling is all about numbers in direct nrg file in game folder. Do you think that when you pop the tire, game starting to use a different file for PT bike? Because if it is not, you can not say that PT bike has a different handling.
Yes it does, i mean, maybe not different file or something, but game reads another information which is specifies to popped tire
if regular, then 00
if popped, then 01
it's just an example.

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2020, 07:25:13 AM »
Well, i think it is all about intermediate link. This link = popped tires mechanics. You put this link between game physics and vehicle handling file = you got a PT's movement. But this "link" is a part of a game, it was made on purpose by developers. So, it is perfectly legit.

2 problems this community has with such things.
1 - tell in a video what was used to do a stunt. Popped tire - tell it. And there will be no questions.
2 - there will be someone who will say you "lamed" a spot. Because after someone will land it with PT nrg, and you will land it with standart nrg after that - for community it will be an "old" stunt.
So, nothing can stop you from using both PT and bugged nrg. But you must be ready for some hate.

Offline KiTz

• Spanish Boy
  • Spanish boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2020, 03:20:36 PM »
Hey ARS, for me it's a fucking cool method to innovate stunting in these days, you know...

Acceptable and respectable like all the other methods.

Congrats bro

Offline krs

• one man army
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2020, 02:59:57 AM »
How do you even come up with new methods and stuff these days  :lol:  I think it's only cool and fair if you mention using this method in your topics and videos. I definately wouldn't compare this to rad's or burn's popped tire methods but rather to that stowaway pcj, and personally, I'd hate to see stowaway pcj stunts mixed with regular stunts in one video. So, in conclusion - do whatever you wanna do, but it's better to treat it the same way as that stowaway stuff imo, because in reality, that's a completely different bike.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal