Author Topic: Ask WH  (Read 1312391 times)

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
Re: Ask WH
« Reply #10605 on: July 08, 2014, 11:36:27 AM »
I understand what daffy said. NU is more like a family than a huge stunting crew that rocks. That's what he meant with WH being full of guys just coming to land a stunt, not even keeping in contact with each others and stuff. In NU, even if we don't land shit, we're there.

Isn't that what a crew is supposed to be for  :ffvsielj3:

I guess if you get right down to it a crew is really just a group of people landing stunts to make a video together. NU is different in the sense that it feels a lot more like a social group rather than a crew because we keep in close contact with each other in a Skype groupchat, WhatsApp and Facebook. This is also why we're having a lot harder time adding new members to the mix, because it feels like family ya know? :P I can honestly say that I'm in contact with most of the members daily, whereas when I still was in WH I barely knew who was even in the crew anymore.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #10606 on: July 08, 2014, 11:39:49 AM »
AFAIK, SSU's still a pretty huge family. Might be wrong tho'.

Since it's the ask topic, Brasil / Germany?

Offline TrYp

• Veteran Member
  • X
    • View Profile
    • http://sampforum.hu
« Reply #10607 on: July 08, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »
Germany ofc  :ajaja:

I pretty much think crews were always for making videos with the members included, that doesn't necesarry mean you have to be in touch with everyone.

Offline NEM

• Board Mods
  • wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: July 08, 2014, 02:41:07 PM »
Nice question, I hate football and everything that has anything in common with it.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: July 08, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
No offtopic here Mxz, it's a serious thing for us. After reading Flow's post I realized I was not the only person surprised by what Daffy wrote. And yes, a crew can be a big family, but don't say that WH was not a family, at least for some time. It definitely was, such as SSU and any other crews. And maybe, as KM said, they keep in touch every day and KM personally didn't know half of the new members in WH, that's because you NEVER tried to get in touch. I asked for your skype several times, sent you messages, always tried to start a conversation to get to know you around the time I got in the crew. It worked with almost everyone but you somehow kept me rejecting. It's not a big deal, just wanted you to know that it's all about you if you try to keep in touch with someone. In my case you never tried, and you never accepted it.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #10610 on: July 09, 2014, 01:20:54 AM »
No offtopic here Mxz, it's a serious thing for us. After reading Flow's post I realized I was not the only person surprised by what Daffy wrote. And yes, a crew can be a big family, but don't say that WH was not a family, at least for some time. It definitely was, such as SSU and any other crews. And maybe, as KM said, they keep in touch every day and KM personally didn't know half of the new members in WH, that's because you NEVER tried to get in touch. I asked for your skype several times, sent you messages, always tried to start a conversation to get to know you around the time I got in the crew. It worked with almost everyone but you somehow kept me rejecting. It's not a big deal, just wanted you to know that it's all about you if you try to keep in touch with someone. In my case you never tried, and you never accepted it.
Talkin' about KM?

Well, when I was in WH, I didn't feel that "family" thing. When Daffy decided to add ourselves, we were a bunch of friends trying to get accepted to the older from the crew. But still, WH was a stunting crew, keeping people in touch only for stunts. Afterall, it might have changed, but that's how I felt it.

About what daffy said, well, I knew it since I joined NU, but still. He found WH, he spent most of his years there. I guess (especially when there are 30+ members) that there is a moment when you must focus on something else, especially when the main thing about it (SA/VC) is not part of your daily games anymore.

In NU we created a sort of friendship that we'd have never get before. Might be the activity due to the views or anything else. But still, I've never been in a crew such active with such gold guys in it. Especially when everyone is involved.

I'm not saying WH is shit or anything els. That's still one of my fav crews, ever. But its "atmosphere" is more based on stunts, than a hobby. (might have changed as well).

Anyway, Netherlands - Argentina? :lol:

Offline NEM

• Board Mods
  • wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: July 09, 2014, 03:38:24 AM »
Diaz got a point though. NU is a fresh crew and so is GTAV. Guess what will happen after so many years of activity.

And it's really individual if you talk with the other members, either you are ignorant or a friendly person. But then you cannot really complain about that you don't know half of the crew. That is only your fault.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: July 09, 2014, 06:19:02 AM »
And it's really individual if you talk with the other members, either you are ignorant or a friendly person. But then you cannot really complain about that you don't know half of the crew. That is only your fault.
I agree with that though it's a non-issue for me, if you're in the same crew you usually have some common interests from the get-go and will have shit to talk about, if people have a hard time talking other people with that in mind you probably have problems talking to the chick behind the counter at your local store.
However just to look at it from a different perspective though, there's a lot more people in WH than NU (34 against 10) so it's easier to get to adjusted to everyone in the crew, less catching up with everyone and we can all engage in a conversation without a barrage of new messages raining in constantly... that level of daily interaction is harder to get in a crew with 34 people.
I don't really care about the discussion you guys are having, though I felt like I should chime in as it's getting blown out of it's original proportions and turned into this against that kinda thing.

So? since when is stunting solely about views? also, different people set their standards differently but I don't think views are worthy of selling out your values, therefore I'll have to assume different motivations for said actions if we rule that out.
How is people seeing your work selling out? If you made something enjoyable that relates to people's interest, people are gonna want to see it. Stunting isn't and has never been solely about views as you won't get any views if your content under a certain standard. Getting exposure is a part of the whole picture just like landing and finding stunts, if it's not a part that you care or have any interest in getting good at that's all good.
You can still make killer content which less people are gonna see, but if your work is good enough and you're legitimately proud of it, I don't see why it's so bad to want people to see it. As long as your content is on level with your effort to get seen it's all good to me.

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: July 09, 2014, 08:49:57 AM »
I agree with what Daffy said. 34 members is too many to communicate with daily and makes it feel less family-y. Diaz you probably joined at a time where I was sorta inactive, haven't really been all that active in WH since 2012.  I mean I was still checking the forums/Skype occasionally and sometimes landed stuff for stunt videos, but I wasn't active enough to communicate with 34 members simultaneously.

IMO WH recruited too many new members over the years which is of course good for the quality of the content, but less good for the unity of the crew.

Offline lilj

• Veteran Member
  • techincal ?
    • View Profile
    • MY GTA SAN ANDREAS VIDEOS
« Reply #10614 on: July 09, 2014, 10:52:34 AM »
sup

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: July 09, 2014, 02:13:03 PM »
I agree with that though it's a non-issue for me, if you're in the same crew you usually have some common interests from the get-go and will have shit to talk about, if people have a hard time talking other people with that in mind you probably have problems talking to the chick behind the counter at your local store.
However just to look at it from a different perspective though, there's a lot more people in WH than NU (34 against 10) so it's easier to get to adjusted to everyone in the crew, less catching up with everyone and we can all engage in a conversation without a barrage of new messages raining in constantly... that level of daily interaction is harder to get in a crew with 34 people.
I don't really care about the discussion you guys are having, though I felt like I should chime in as it's getting blown out of it's original proportions and turned into this against that kinda thing.

So? since when is stunting solely about views? also, different people set their standards differently but I don't think views are worthy of selling out your values, therefore I'll have to assume different motivations for said actions if we rule that out.
How is people seeing your work selling out? If you made something enjoyable that relates to people's interest, people are gonna want to see it. Stunting isn't and has never been solely about views as you won't get any views if your content under a certain standard. Getting exposure is a part of the whole picture just like landing and finding stunts, if it's not a part that you care or have any interest in getting good at that's all good.
You can still make killer content which less people are gonna see, but if your work is good enough and you're legitimately proud of it, I don't see why it's so bad to want people to see it. As long as your content is on level with your effort to get seen it's all good to me.

Getting stuff out there in the YouTube era is fairly easy when you have the stuff we as Gtastunting have been doing for years now, and I agree it's cool to have it viewed by many but those many people also don't get much of it and their appreciation in a lot of cases is second to none, some think it's all modded. So while I understand the will to have it viewed, for me stunting has always been first and foremost about the fun and the video making proccess and I wouldn't have put the views beyond it if I had the choice... getting views isn't something I was ever bad at, because a lot of videos I've had did manage to reach out to thousands, but still, I know it isn't on 'that' scale.

I guess my point was maybe to still have acknowledgement of the pros vs. cons and the new effects on the older community... and what KM said is basically what I predicted will happen eventually.

With or without our differences though, gl with NU, the core of both is the same interest in this cool hobbie of stunting.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:33:18 PM by TurBo »

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10616 on: July 10, 2014, 10:19:24 PM »
I'm just gonna stay in NU, I consider myself only a NU member anyway and haven't visited the WH section in over 6 months, don't have access to it anymore either.
NU basically runs itself and except for a couple of the members, last time I checked WH had like 30 dudes who have one foot out and one foot in that's only being kept there by some sense of obligation to stunt for the crew, I have no interest in that.

So you leaved WH forever? Will never stunt in VC/SA again?

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: July 28, 2014, 09:29:17 AM »
Are you guys working on any vids?

Offline UndeadX

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: July 28, 2014, 10:29:04 AM »
Yeah VC crew vid is coming tomorrow, hold tight!

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: July 28, 2014, 10:31:02 AM »
Yeah VC crew vid is coming tomorrow, hold tight!
Lies. Then where is your banner logo made by Beat?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal