Author Topic: IT'S SHOWTIME  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Otaka

• Veteran Member
  • Date Registered: December 18, 2004
    • View Profile
IT'S SHOWTIME
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 05:36:41 AM »
I'm new in here, and i need someone to help me with video-making.

Ok, my question is:    How i can take a video of my stunts? :unsure:

But i'm a stuntman.  :grin:  

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
IT'S SHOWTIME
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 06:19:37 AM »
Should've probably started a new thread for this...but here goes:

You'll need a program called FRAPS to record your stunts from Vice City. This means you'll need the PC version of Vice City (I'm assuming you have it already). Best way to record your stunts is to save a replay of them. This is accomplished by pressing F2 after you've done your stunt to save the replay to a file called 'replay.rep'...which is then found in your Vice City User Files directory. If you plan to save multiple replays, you'll need to rename the current saved one to another file name (eg: rename replay.rep to replay_01.rep), otherwise the next saved replay will overwrite the last. When you want to view a saved replay, rename the file to 'replay.rep', and press F3 to play back the saved replay. When  you run FRAPS, you'll be able to press F9 to record in-game action. The files come out to avi's and are pretty big, so make sure you have plenty of hard disk space before you start recording a whole swag of clips.

Once you've recorded what you deem to be enough stunts (usually in the area of 30-40, depending on the song of choice), you'll need editing software to cut them all together. Windows XP comes with Windows Movie Maker, so you could try that for starters. Other software Programs for editing include Ulead Media Studio, Adobe Premier and Pinnacle Studio. Toy around with editing for a bit to see what you're capable of...then finalise your vid and render.

You'll then need a host to submit your vid to. Filefront (www.filefront.com) is probably best for a beginner. Once the vid is accepted (which it should be, barring any errors that you make in submitting), post the URL with a short description of the vid in the Public Vid section of the forums here. It's a good idea to try to keep your vid under or around 50meg...but it's not a necessity as long as the vid isn't 2gig.

If, however, you're playing Vice City on the PS2...that's a whole new ball game. You'll need a TV capture card and a VCR. Record your stunts onto a video tape (or a DVD Recorder if you happen to be fortunate enough to have one), and play them back through your computer monitor, recording your stunts with provided software. Then it's just a matter of collecting your clips and following the editing directions above.

Phew...hope that helps.

You can get FRAPS from www.fraps.com. And feel free to send a private message to me if you have any other questions.

(Sorry mike for going so ridiculously off topic)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal