Author Topic: Triple annoyance  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
Triple annoyance
« on: January 21, 2014, 11:41:13 AM »
hey everybody,

today im with 3 questions.

first one is: is it possible to get around a pc password? if yes please tell me how.

second is: recently our main computer died. when we boot it up it goes to the Windows xp screen and then randomly shuts down. this has never happened before, but we had
another issue with it before being it making very strange noises. areally loud zooming noise. I was expecting it being the 1 of the fans, but maybe you guys can tell me otherwise.

and 3 is about the ingredients for a potential new pc. the ad says: core  i5 haswell processor. with 8 gb memory. Intel HD graphics 4600. and 1tb hard drive

(connection options) hdmi, vga, dvi and USB 3.0.
I am not sure if these actually change the value.
all of this is for €495.04. no tax thingies, not sure if the abbreviation stays the same in English.

please answer me :)
sorry for possible typos I'm on my phone considering the computer statuses are terribly low. thanks for reading.
I've been OversizeD, you've been awesome, take care

Offline Rust

• View Profile
Re: Triple annoyance
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »
Passwords can be set at Control Panel in the users section.

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:31:13 PM »
Passwords can be set at Control Panel in the users section.
He, probably, meant breaking in a password protected PC. My mate did it when I was on a holiday, came back home and had lots of cocks drawn on my desktop(that's what friends are for). :lol: :cc_detective: But I don't really know how to do it. :(

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 03:05:24 AM »
For that second problem, you might want to vacuum clean your computer. It might not fix the booting problem but it'll probably get rid of the horrible sound.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 03:35:18 AM »
1. Google will probably know eh. :P

2. I could imagine the CPU fan being so dirty that it doesn't cool the CPU enough no more. Therefore it shuts down to prevent it from taking damage by overheating. Just clean the case/fans and check all components in the BIOS and maybe give a fresh Windows installation a shot afterwards.

3. Never buy a pre-built PC! You can get better for 500 € if you select quality components yourself and put it all together.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 08:23:54 AM »
I've had my password forgotten too, but I got away with it. There is a pretty cool OS called "Tails" which allows it to be bootable from any USB drive. Try googling it up. ;)

Offline Amaluna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 07:08:27 PM »
rusch could you perhaps explain to me what `building a pc` actuallymeans? because if it is what I think it is, I wouldn't be able to do that.
my pc knowledge is the same as your Russian :P
I literally know nothing about the ingredients of pc's.
does it mean I have to put it together myself than I might need to hire a professional.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 04:46:13 AM »
my pc knowledge is the same as your Russian :P

Nah dawg, I know my Ruschian. :ajaja:

I literally know nothing about the ingredients of pc's.
does it mean I have to put it together myself than I might need to hire a professional.

There's no "professional" knowledge required. Just watch some PC building guides on YouTube and you get to know how to assemble the parts.

Here's just an easy to follow example. I assume you're better off with a dutch guide though.
How to build a PC: The Tech Report guide

You don't even have to get into hardware stuff at all if you're super lazy. There's many hardware communities that offer a PC configuration section, where users help out others to find the appropriate parts for their desired system and budget. What I'm saying is you can get the configuration for free, but you have to assemble it all yourself.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 06:12:39 AM »
But then there's overclocking, software knowledge, etc. I would recommend getting a custom PC, but you can find companies who will build a PC to your specifications for a small additional price for their service (eg. £50-£100), along with an actual warranty. They'll even overclock it for you, add water cooling, whatever you like.

With that said, building a PC isn't particularly difficult, if you set aside the time to study it. To one of the responses above, never "vacuum" a PC. You can cause serious damage to your components. If it's full of dust, clean the fans out, and use compressed air in addition to brushes to remove it. You can find more information on dust removal with Google.

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 06:33:56 AM »
I also built a pc with little knowledge. It's not as hard as it looks :cc_detective:

Maybe Tweakers.net can help you OversizeD  :ajaja:

Offline Amaluna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 12:19:43 AM »
To one of the responses above, never "vacuum a PC. You can cause serious damage to your components.
too late.. I did it right after that comment.

but with the knowledgething I meant that I have no idea what is good and what completely sucks.
and if I make a ton of fails during the topic,writing process it's because we don't have a pc available to us. I am forced to use my mehish phone. that likes to sskip spaces and such. I apologize for that.

and damn you rusch you wasted a potential joke :c

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 03:56:14 AM »
To one of the responses above, never "vacuum a PC. You can cause serious damage to your components.
too late.. I did it right after that comment.

but with the knowledgething I meant that I have no idea what is good and what completely sucks.
and if I make a ton of fails during the topic,writing process it's because we don't have a pc available to us. I am forced to use my mehish phone. that likes to sskip spaces and such. I apologize for that.

and damn you rusch you wasted a potential joke :c

Actually you can vacuum your hardware if it has tons of dust, but be extremely careful with that. After vacuuming I'd recommend cleaning it using tissues moistened in acetone or spirit and dry tissues afterwards cause the bottom dust layer is a bit harder to remove. You may as well change thermal paste on your CPU and GPU too.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 07:42:38 AM »
To one of the responses above, never "vacuum" a PC. You can cause serious damage to your components. If it's full of dust, clean the fans out, and use compressed air in addition to brushes to remove it. You can find more information on dust removal with Google.
I vacuumed cleaned my PC very recently and did no damage at all, and only had the positive effects I wanted. I mostly did it because the vacuum cleaner was the only thing I could remove the dust with.

Offline Reaper

• Skyforger
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
To one of the responses above, never "vacuum" a PC. You can cause serious damage to your components. If it's full of dust, clean the fans out, and use compressed air in addition to brushes to remove it. You can find more information on dust removal with Google.
I vacuumed cleaned my PC very recently and did no damage at all, and only had the positive effects I wanted. I mostly did it because the vacuum cleaner was the only thing I could remove the dust with.

..can cause serious damage to your components.

Compressed air is probably a bit safer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal