Author Topic: 10+ years of GTAS!  (Read 11633 times)

Offline J.Mario

• No TV No Radio
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 10+ years of GTAS!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »
2013 Christmas Collab
[MO] Magnum
Barney - Homunculus
Collab - Inspiration
[SWS] CLIMAX
[DSS] Burial
MtS Best of - Petrichor
 :cheernutz: all of my favourite videos

Offline Shingetsu

• The Dark Matter
  • Veteran Member
  • Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 09:42:26 PM »
i started stunting since the end of 2010 , after saw ATS's video . I'm interested how it's possible in this game , thought it's just some mods until i really get into it and start practice some basic stunts and found GTAS though i was pretty busy with others game in that time so it took me until September 2011 to join this community , my favourite stunters in that time was guys like Barney , Nitzkit , Kaneda , etc . Alot of cool guys here and great editors like Beat , Herr'dav is the inspiration for my editing career , I started enjoy making videos and read people's review about my videos and very happy when people like them . This place is where made me today and i hope it will still grow .
Braindead
Barney's Monolith
Memento
Trial by Fire
REBELLION
Fracture
Aetas
They are one of my favourite videos .

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 11:34:43 PM »
some good memories  :euro:

:wub:

Would like to read more stories of how people found this place, and what were the first vids they watched,hope more members comment  :cc_detective:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:02:08 AM by dirtybird78 »

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 12:34:55 AM »
Hachi & Friends in ma heart

Offline BlackTear

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 03:55:16 AM »
the first time i saw stuntvideos was in 2007 or 2008 i think. i wasnt even on youtube at this time, only on the german "myvideo", which is like youtube, but in german :D (i have no idea if other countries know this website). i watched some XxFlorixX Extreme Stunting Revolution (ESR) videos and i was totally fascinated. i started stunting because of XxFlorixX and his crew, which only had german stunters in it i think. i dont know why, but it fascinated me more than anything else i ever saw in my life, when it comes to computerrelated stuff. i did the san andreas walkthrough like 20 times on ps2 with hundreds of hours playing before i even knew stunting.

as many of you too (possibly) i tried stunting on ps2 after those ESR videos shocked me, and it turned out that stunting (especially grinding) was so fucking hard. i think this was the thing that motivated me to keep going, because i noticed that if you want to get better, you will get better.

after some first solos and duos with my reallife mate "Spike", or as he is called now, Atlas, i somehow found out that there are even community-pages for this strange hobby. (i only got to know stunting through myvideo at this point.) so i joined the german stuntingsite gtastunting.de, which is dead today i think. the first stuntvideo i watched on youtube was that kaneda and darkness thing i guess, and like the second one i ever saw on YT was onslaught. oh my fucking god. words cant describe how i was feeling.

and then it all started, better solos, better skills, and now i am finally in the best stunting crew ever after years of practice, which always was a dream of mine.

i guess that i played Gta San Andreas for like 15000 hours in my life and this game never bored me. it is my favorite game for ever.

it may be a negative thing, but i think there is nothing on this world (until now) which motivates me more than stunting. (atleast computer-related) 

i will stay on this page as long as i can, even if i am the last and only one being active in the end.  :)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 04:21:00 AM »
I joined in late 2007. It was my second cousin who got me to join, he showed me a few videos. The day I joined was the day Daffy released his SA solo, I remember watching it in awe and thinking holy shit this person is good. However, I mostly kept to myself because I wouldn't want to come of as a noob to the talented individuals that roamed here, so I waited, learned basics and set out to make a solo. a bit more than 6 months after I joined my solo was out and people really enjoyed it, after that I got invited to a crew and that's when I started getting friends on here, became more active and posted more. I really looked up to TMS and XSA members. Favorite vids at the time was AOA and Aero  :happy:

In late 2008 I moved from SA to VC as a main game. After being friends with RedX for a while he invited me to his VC crew knowing I was shit as VC, he was just like "You'll learn!". And from there on out VC has been the thing. I also started watching a lot of VC videos at that time, and quickly Connected became an instant favorite, along with Xtramus - Always. And on days when I don't even feel like stunting I'll open VC, just to see if I can find a spot, if not stunt it. It's become quite a habit  :ninja:

Then there's this website. I don't think it's been a day since I've joined where I haven't checked it or thought about checking it. I made it so it automatically opens when I open chrome and it's one of those tabs I never close. Even though people have their differences I still love this community because no matter what the difference in opinion we all just want to enjoy the same thing.

Plot twist: My second cousin was also Slim  :euro:

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 05:37:32 AM »

Plot twist: My second cousin was also Slim  :euro:

GTAS Trivia question: What was slims name before it was slim... :P

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »

GTAStunting .net started out as The Ampt Stunting forums, on or about Feb. 2004.
The site was created by Andyroososoft. We would host our stunt videos on TGA (The Gamers Alliance)
which was run by Bloodymess. There were barely 100 members when I joined the community.

Below is a capture of the forums as they were when I first joined.

Sometime in the summer of 04 the banner changed to this.

Just before the end of 04 we again had another banner change to this.

And in Aril 05 The Ampt Stunting Forums finally became GTAStunting.com with this banner.

The video that got me addicted to stunting, yes pun intended, was Decans Auto Stunt Reel.

Decans Auto Stunt Reel
Even though the video used car mods, it was the bike stunts that hooked me. At the time
I only had VC on the PS2 but managed to start making my own stunt vids to share with the community.
It was a great time, those early days of stunting, very few people had discovered stunting
and VC had endless possiblities.

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 05:17:49 PM »
"Stunting Challenges

U think ur hardcore? try out some of these crazy challenges we're dishing out for you pussies!"

Ahahahaha, fuck me! That made my day :lol: :lol: :cc_detective:

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 10:26:53 PM »
The feels are strong :jajaja:. I've got a lot of "history" on these forums, but the videos that really got me into stunting were SA Smackdown, and TMS/XSA in San Andreas. I also really enjoyed watching ATS, and Nitzkit's solos in Vice City. One the the first VC solos to truly blow me away was Double Jeopardy 2 by Neo/Kaneda.

Double Jeopardy 2

I still think about this video when it comes to editing from time to time :D.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 11:28:45 PM »
Thanks Neo! Love seeing the old forum screens.  :cc_detective:

I joined when the forums had a orange/grey setting. Then after that the site was blue/grey I believe.
Also, the site was .com for quite awhile rather than .net :ajaja:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:30:24 PM by dirtybird78 »

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 11:38:30 PM »
Although it doesn't say "Veteran Member" under my name, I've been watching these forums for 8 years.  Jet stunts were never a focus here, thus I've said very little over time.  I always knew this website would stick around.  Heartfelt effort and healthy competition have resulted in this website's well-deserved success.  When you think of stunting, you think of this website.  Period.

I believe this website's greatest strength is in its members.  You guys care about the details, the stunts themselves, and their presentation.  You are living guidelines!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:54:23 PM by Viper »

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 03:54:06 AM »
Although it doesn't say "Veteran Member" under my name, I've been watching these forums for 8 years.  Jet stunts were never a focus here, thus I've said very little over time.  I always knew this website would stick around.  Heartfelt effort and healthy competition have resulted in this website's well-deserved success.  When you think of stunting, you think of this website.  Period.

I believe this website's greatest strength is in its members.  You guys care about the details, the stunts themselves, and their presentation.  You are living guidelines!

Yo viper! Not sure if you would remember me but I used to fly around with you,Lazlow and Duktape on the [AU] sa-mp servers. I believe I went by "missdirection" on there. Good to see you man!  :ninja:

For those that don't him, If you ever heard of the "viper tunnels" that's because of him. Inverted flying through the long train tunnel with a guy on top the whole time! You are a true Veteran Pilot and a legend dude.  :wub:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:57:44 AM by dirtybird78 »

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 06:10:57 AM »
well i discovered pro stunting like in late 2008, and i started trying in ps2, then i got my pc and later in 2010 i started to stunt more seriously, met my SFH friends, Ltab, Ale, Metalsoad and much more. After that i started using the forum and met more people and well, the same shit over and over :lol: I think i enjoy stunting more than the actual GTA, trying spots its just so fun (and even more living the moment of landing a stunt, too bad its so short), and sometimes even if you landed that stunt you keep trying because well..its fucking fun.

Cheers to the past, present and the next generation of stunters ;D

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 06:33:31 AM »
I think I briefly went over this in the radio show I did with Promagic but I'll extend it out.

So I got a Sony PSP along with a copy of Liberty City Stories for Christmas 2005; I cant remember how but I eventually ended up registering on GTAForums, probably to get mission help or something. Anyway, I found out about Cheatdevice which amongst other things let you record stunts from LCS to .gif format. At the same time, there were a small number of LCS videos coming out, most notably the video Rancid by UTS (Untold Skill). Some of the names that spring to mind from that time were Eichorn, Master Yayo, Onyx, Shadowsniper and Juan. If I remember correctly, around that time I also watched some VC videos, the ones that I can distinctly remember are; ATS Mut8tion, TOAS, GVT - Evolution, BBB  and probably a few others but I didn't have my own PC at the time. I think I ended up registering on GTAStunters (anyone remember that site?) before GTAS, and eventually joined here in July 06.

I pretty much shitposted for a year so if anyone remembers that I have no excuse other than the fact I was 10 and thought I was king of the internet. Being 10/11 I also didn't have the attention span or dedication to sit and land stunts. I discovered the Access Stunt Shop topic and it blew my mind, I think I probably asked for every bike posted. Started making my own bikes around that time (06/07, if anyone wants pictures I have some of them saved) and preferred it to stunting. Pretty much just done the same shit since then, made bikes and occasionally sent stunts out but I'd like to think I've improved since 07 :cc_detective:

As for memorable moments on the forums, I'd say the release of both Connected and Interlocked were pretty huge. I wasn't the only guy who's mind was blown when the font that said Connected lined up with the sun in the intro of the video right? I Got Tempbanned By Valikai Once For Typing In All Caps Like I'm Currently doing, I thought that was pretty funny at the time. What else can I remember? erm, that time godson stole BK's stunt for Connected and sparked a massive argument, boxXx being a secret racist, that time Feron made this video:

Dedicated to THEFTman

As for my favourite or standout videos, there's too many so I'll try and keep this short: Aetas, TOAS, Mut8tion by ATS, Evolution by GVT, Dedicated, Geronimo/Doperide 2/3 /Bad Company/Neuralgia/everything else by WH, Hypokryts, DeathCobra's best of, Progression by Slim, Watch This, Connected, Adaptation by VR, Unorthodox/everything Barney has ever made, Blood Stream/Blood Stream 2, Calculating Infinity, Spiengraph/404, Narcolepsy by Brandon6199, Fuckrat, Desekration, IndoctrinatioN/Nibiru, Digging Up The Corpses, Double Jeopardy 2, The Getaway 2/Any other themed video Neo/Kaneda have made, Techjam/Merry ChrisTMS/TMS by TMS, GTASL2/3 Videos, the Skyward series, Insomnia by USS, Amped/Amped 2, Quake 2, any video involving Simon/Max/Xtramus, Year One/Year two by Tackleberry, shit I was meant to keep this short  :lol:

Made a bunch of great friends on here over the years too, too many to list but you're all rad. Anyway theres my GTAS life story, I hope it helps  :ajaja:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal