Author Topic: Collab[Please watch!]  (Read 6440 times)

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
Re: Collab[Please watch!]
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 09:12:02 AM »
Full review of Collab[Please watch!] by Blaze

Stunts:

CSM to Roof (Wvi miS): Great spot and a solid stunt, fits in well with the song and is a great opener to the video.
Wallride to Grind (Gryzlek): Not even 20 seconds in and I'm already like  :o Sick spot and stylish execution, the spin out was lovely. (I have two spots very similar to this that I cba to land you can have if you want them)
Bump Gap Bump to Roof (Max): Really nice stunt here, good use of the surroundings on the runup and the actual stunt itself.
Taxiboost to Roof (J.Mario): Stylish as fuck, the spin whilst boosting was nice and the roof landed was pretty high too.
Wallbump through Window (Samurai): Only you would think of this, nice nifty little stunt that fits in well with the video.
Bump to Billboard Precision (Cooper): The execution on this was clean as fuck, don't think I've seen many stunts landed on those billboards but this one was great.
Wallride to Precision (Shadowsniper): Definite standout stunt; the wallride was long, the bump off the bridge and the overall essence of the stunt made it look crazy, I can't imagine the amount of time it took, good job!
FBI Bump to Roof (Danger): Execution on the stunt was great, the backwards bump and spin were sick.
Double Boost to Roof (Streem): Another definite standout, I love taxi boost combo's and this is definitely up there with my favourites; the idea was great and the execution was even better, combined with the landing on the edge of the building it made the stunt even better.
Bump to Roof (Rainbow): Sick stunt man, that roof's been landed loads from closer up, I never thought it'd be landed from further away since the distance is quite far but you did it with style.
PCJ Packer Grab (Max): How do you come up with this stuff like seriously let me know, you're innovative as fuck and a breath of fresh air in the midst of bigair stunts, rad idea and it looked crazy. Bike looks crazy too ;)
PSM to Roof (J.Mario): I don't know what to say since it's just a PSM really, props for finding a new spot though, would have been better if you'd landed the closer roof but they're a bitch to stay on.
CSM to Roof (Esteban): Again, I don't know what to say being that it's just a CSM but it's always nice to see the stadium roof be landed and the execution of the stunt was great.
Ledgegrind (Kllk): Nice stunt, the execution could have been a little better but overall it was still great, I'm surprised that spot hasn't been done before.
Wallride to Stoppie (Blaze): Can I review my own stunt? I dunno I wish I'd landed something abit better but fuck it.
CSM to Crane (Dev): Respect for landing on that crane since they have the worst collision files in existence, good job man.
Tank Water Gap (Angle.Fire): Really sick spot, been thinking of how to do it for a while and never thought of using the Rhino, nice stunt.
CSM to Roof (Danger): Does having someone on the back of the bike affect the collision/handling of the bike? I remember there being some questions about it a while ago but there was never a definitive answer. Either way really good idea and execution.
Pole P2B to Roof (Lance): Felt like abit of a filler stunt but it helped emphasize the old school effect in the video.
Ledgegrind to Dinghy (Wvi miS): Another standout for me, the idea was creative as fuck and the execution was spot on. I wonder if that spot would be possible with a ledgegrind the other way? That would look sick as fuck.
Wallbump to Boat (Max): Again yet another favourite for me; great thinking of using the mission for new terrain, opens up alot of possibilities for stunts! Creative thinking and a clean execution makes this sick.
Bail Bike Hit Ghost Ledgegrind? (Simon): This video has too many sick stunts to handle, the creativity is ridiculous. Really great idea, the way the stunt was performed and landed was rad.
Wallride to Bump to Billboard (Dakar): Really nice stunt; the use of the surroundings to get up there was nice, and I'm assuming it was first try too? Awesome.
Pole Slide gap to Precision? (DK): How are people coming up with these methods this is insane, and it's great to see that even in 2014, 10 years on from the launch of GTAS people are still finding new ideas methods in the oldest games. Good job man!
Gap to Ramp to Ledgegrind (Paull): Respect just for doing a stunt on the roof of the lawyers office since those ramps are horrible, great thinking and an even greater stunt.
BSM to Precision (Shifftee): Nice little nifty stunt, cool idea and a great landing.
Door Boost to Roof (Max): I quit, I fucking quit. If anyone says stunting is dead or there's no spots left I'm sending them this video. Who the fuck even thinks "Hey I'm gonna boost a door", proceeds to do it and makes it look stylish as fuck. This video feels like I'm being mindfucked.
Ramp Wallbonk to Grind (Samurai): Glad to see you're still alive and kicking; that spots been done to death but you found a way to land something new and it looked great, the bonk off the wall and the spin get extra points.
Squallo Bail to Phone Box (MtS): My brain has shut down rational thinking at this point, this video is just epic. I dunno how you found that spot but the stunt was fucking crazy.
Ramp to Bonk to Grind (Rust): I remember how excited you were on Skype when you landed this, love seeing those rails get hit. Sick stunt bro.
P2B to Roof (imbaA): Not a fan of bigairs or p2b's etc but this looked super stylish, vertical bumps always look cool as fuck, good job.
Polebonk to Ledgegrind (Dev): This looked fucking sick, execution was stylish as fuck; I've said that about a fair few stunts in this video but the bump off the pole looked rad and the pop out of the grind over the rest of the ledge makes it even better.
Pizzaboy Triple Grind (Cooper): I'd been trying that but with a PCJ to the third ledge, good job for landing that, the pole infront of the first ledge is annoying as fuck.
Voodoo Smash Bump?: I don't know what to call that. a voodoo smash bump or something? Nice innovative idea with a superb execution.
Bump to Stoppie to Grind (Angle.Fire): That spots been done multiple times without the stoppie, still looks rad though.
Taxi flip to Boost to Roof (Blaze): Again idk if I can review my own stunts but whatever, I wish I'd landed this abit cleaner. I had done it before but I deleted the rep along with 12 other LC ones because I'm a fucking idiot.
Reverse Flip to Precision (Kapper): How are you people finding these spots like seriously is there some sort of creative stunting batcave that I'm unaware of??? Sick stunt.
Bump to Ledgegrind (I dunno who did it but I'm assuming Sorcery bc Aphex Twin license plate): Old spot done by Samurai but he grinded it the other way, nice to see it landed the opposite way, and done clean as fuck.
Packer to Ramp To Boat (ToTy): Always nice to see an old spot done in a new way, helped to further enhance the old school feel in the video.
PSM to Secret Room (Wvi miS): I remember finding that room on PS2 when I was about 10 and thinking what the fuck, never would've thought someone would land a stunt into there, good job, it's sad you're leaving as your creativity is astounding.

Editing:
When I saw it was a collaboration by Sorcery I was expecting some sort of vaporwave esque clean edited video with an ambient soundtrack reminiscent of his recent works such as Homunuclus, however I was definitely surprised when it started. The video felt reminiscent of the old times on GTAS; the use of Vegas filters, a typical rock song and the fact it was recorded at 640x480 with no AA etc really helped to emphasize the old feel and also made it more enjoyable (as opposed to the video being full of After Effects, C4D etc). Great job on the organization and editing Sorcery  :happy:

Overall Thoughts:
Without a shadow of doubt this is definitely one of the most creative videos in GTAS history; some of the methods and ideas by people in this video (Especially Max) are unprecedented and made the video a definite standout for not only this year, but in my opinion, the history of GTAS. I had to watch it a good five times just to comprehend what was even happening. The mixture of creativity and bigairs made the video well rounded and (hopefully) appealing to all stunters. Definitely a contender for collaboration of the year, if not video of the year. Great job to everyone involved for the effort put in on the stunts, and again well done to Sorcery for organizing and editing such a sick video!  :cc_detective:

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »
Great video, lots of drawback stunts like mine(the shittiest of what I sent you but glad you didn't use the rest in outro) and a few others. Cool editing, really good song and editing. Good oldschool feeling. :cc_detective:

Can you send me all my stuff, pls? I have't got an reps or skins because of my new laptop :(

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 09:40:20 AM »
Loved the old school feeling, so much nostalgia :wub:
Great stunts from everyone, but loved Cooper, SS, Max and MtS stuff. Fuck me sideways I'm so fucking mad I didn't send anything  :angry:

The editing was REALLY unexpected (thought I'd see some clean and atmospheric editing with a scarywindow track) but I deeply thank you for doing it this way! Low resolution, no widescreen, classic vegas effects and that typical type of rock song that was used back then, damn right in the memories! :a-cheer:

10/10 people :ffvsielj3:

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 10:42:20 AM »
Great watch, Samurai was the best, MTS ditching was wonderfull and Max you little motherfucker you stole my packer grab idea...  ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:18:40 PM by Arnax »

Offline BlackTear

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »
overall high quality stuff here, i was pretty surprised and impressed  :ajaja:

Offline Angle.Fire

• Veteran Member
  • Never Mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »
Huge thanks to Joe for accepting my stuff for this collab and making it my first appearance in a stunt video. I didn't do well tbh.But everyone in this collab has done a great job.Keep up the good work Joe!

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 12:20:24 PM »
Wow what a lovely video! I can easily see this as one of the best collabs this year, so sick stuff from everyone, can't even tell any standouts :happy: Oh and SS did you aim for that prec or for the tiny little roof next it? If yes that was hella annoying to land for shure
Sorcery's edit made the bundle perfect, love the fact that you gave the whole thing an old-shool touch, great song for that aswell (unexpected though). Sick job everyone! :cc_detective:

Max you little motherfucker you stole my packer grab idea...  ;D
haha the early bird gets the worm :cc_detective:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:22:51 PM by Max »

Offline Dev

• producer
  • LLS Crew
  • producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »
just perfect oldgtas type vid, really enjoyed it, and i like every stunt here, but shadowsniper's stunt was one of the best saivc stunts I ever seen. editing was even better than in barneys solo, good job everybody ;)

and dling ofc!!! :mellow:

Offline FloW

• Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »
What a sick video, so many great stunts I can't even count. The editing was badass, it indeed feels like old school video, because of 4:3 format. I always thought GTA looks way better in 4:3 format than 16:9.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 01:47:54 PM »
Oh and SS did you aim for that prec or for the tiny little roof next it?

Went for the little thing, and thanks for the comments guys :euro:. Tis quite an old replay, 2010 now :P.

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 07:18:44 PM »
Loved it, the low quality gave it a 2007 feeling xD Liked most of the stuff, nice editing and music
glad to be part of it

Offline Argy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 12:14:06 AM »
I wish I had something :c

you are the man sorcery, and to everyone involved: I take my hat off :wub:

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 03:31:23 AM »
Loved the 4:3 resolution, made it look way better really. Awesome collab

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 06:58:34 AM »
Pretty decent vid, Samurai, and Max stood out for me. I actually didn't like this editing, it felt pretty generic compared to your usual style Joe.

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 07:54:13 AM »
Sam's first stunt was amazing

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal