Author Topic: Tutorial/practise videos, with races  (Read 5800 times)

Offline HonkMeat

• Amateur stunter on GTA V
    • View Profile
Tutorial/practise videos, with races
« on: August 26, 2014, 03:34:20 AM »
I've made a bunch on practise runs for some popular stunt points, and some that I've found myself (yeah, probably already done though).  They're aimed at people that are just getting into this, like myself, and aren't montages or anything like that.

I just wondered where the best place to post them would be.

Here's a playlist link...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvocdfFatwmphP9Lj4Mzpht4H75PtLA-p

You can see from the videos that this isn't something I've been doing a long time.  The precision isn't there and it took many, many attempts to get them (especially the last 2 that have multiple stunts).  But, I have to redo them at some point anyway since I've only just found the quality settings on my capture software and I don't think they're as good quality as they could be.

Anyway, comments, advice and an answer would be great :)

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: Tutorial/practise videos, with races
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 03:45:07 AM »
Wrong section, so some admin or mod please move it  :P Also you should do a wheelie in your run-up, it's much faster!

And maybe provide a socialclub link so people can download the races and try them but other than that nice job  :happy:

Offline HonkMeat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 04:15:25 AM »
Cheers Rainbow.  Each of the videos does have a link to the race on the Social Club - it says that in the OP :p

I'm not convinced that pulling a wheelie on a Ruffian does make much difference, but I do it a lot anyway.  I know there are comparison videos for Batis that show increased acceleration and/or speed when wheelieing, but I've not been able to decide whether it has an effect on the Ruffian.  It certainly sounds faster when you're pulling a wheelie, but as soon as you drop the front wheel it goes back to where it was.  It *sounds* like pushing forward has more of an effect than wheelies, with the Ruffian at least.

Are there comparison videos for the Ruffian?  I have looked and couldn't find any.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 06:47:17 AM »
It's much faster if you keep a wheelie and bump from it. Just do it  :P

Offline HonkMeat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 07:33:06 AM »
Okay, I'll do more experimenting with it - thanks   :D

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Keep practicing, good luck! :cheernutz:

Offline Jmw

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 10:46:24 AM »
This is really helpful for me! Thanks!

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 11:49:58 AM »
Nice and without any boosters!

Offline HonkMeat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 02:58:24 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement, guys.  I'm currently redoing the videos so I bloody well need it!  :angry:

Offline HonkMeat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 12:37:09 PM »
I've updated all the videos.  I've done them better quality (not that you can tell on Youtube - may switch to Vimeo), and I've done the stunts a lot better as well, as well as removing all HUD elements.

Offline Cheddar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 12:17:56 AM »
Awww, can't add to my services because i'm on xbox and you're on ps3 :/

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 04:40:57 AM »
Nice set of spots, though some seem a bit random with no real goal. The finish points should generally not be on the ground, unless it's a stunt over a gap or something.

Keep practising :jajaja:

Offline HonkMeat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 02:02:28 AM »

Yeah, sorry man.  I don't see these being the kind of thing that will ever get R* verified so they're probably gonna remain PS3 only, which is a bummer.  I totally don't get this verification thing, when you just want to share your creations with Xbox players.  My other concern is whether or not they'll be even available to me, when I start playing on PS4 next month!

Nice set of spots, though some seem a bit random with no real goal. The finish points should generally not be on the ground, unless it's a stunt over a gap or something.

Keep practising :jajaja:

Thanks man.  Not sure why you think some are random with no goal as the goal is to simply practise doing the stunts, hence the races.  Also, I'm not just looking to jump onto things - I'm looking to just do stunts that are pleasing.  I don't need to end up on top of a building to be pleased with a stunt ;)

Offline Cheddar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 08:29:57 AM »

Yeah, sorry man.  I don't see these being the kind of thing that will ever get R* verified so they're probably gonna remain PS3 only, which is a bummer.  I totally don't get this verification thing, when you just want to share your creations with Xbox players.  My other concern is whether or not they'll be even available to me, when I start playing on PS4 next month!

No worries man, I took some time out this morning to reproduce them all in my platform (and land them, which is taking some additional time), but by the end of the week I'll probably be done creating them on Xbox and will post it ASAP. Would you mind adding the 360 links to your youtube videos aswell?  :lol:

PS: I'm thinking of adding some other stunts to your list, would you like me to continue from where you stopped with a few more that I personally think are tons of fun or should we think together? :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:32:22 AM by CheDDaR »

Offline HonkMeat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 08:41:48 AM »

No worries man, I took some time out this morning to reproduce them all in my platform (and land them, which is taking some additional time), but by the end of the week I'll probably be done creating them on Xbox and will post it ASAP. Would you mind adding the 360 links to your youtube videos aswell?  :lol:

PS: I'm thinking of adding some other stunts to your list, would you like me to continue from where you stopped with a few more that I personally think are tons of fun or should we think together? :)

Man that's awesome!  Thank you for doing that.  I'll definitely add the links to the videos.  A bunch of people on GTAForums have been asking for them on the 360 so that'll make a lot of people happy :D

Please do add more - I'd love to see what you've found.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal