Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Wii U  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Wii U
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:09:04 AM »
I'm guessing it's not many of you who care, so I guess I'll just give a shoutout to Kai  :cc_detective:

Anyway, did anyone catch the SSB Direct stream or watch it afterwards? If you were unaware it's like a 40 min video of introducing and explaining new features, characters, stages, game modes and all that. If you didn't watch it then do it now!

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/#/video-ndirect

This got me excited as hell for the game, and now I'll definitively have to buy a Wii U just for this. The improved online and custom move-sets are going to make this game shitting amazing, kind of sucks that you won't be able to use the custom move-set when playing with strangers, but it's still really cool   :jajaja:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:29:39 AM by Simon »

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »
awesome. I'll definitely check it out.

I'm still a melee player here. no hate towards brawl (it's just not near the same experience for me) , and haven't played M+ mod.

But, still excited to see the series going. Hope the melee style is somewhat in there.

This one does look effing awesome though!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:21:01 AM by Samurai »

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:36:06 PM »
The direct was a blast! So hyped for the game holy frick  :cc_detective:

Offline Asaaj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 11:08:15 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTYYn8xiVxY

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDkQ6F7R_d0

Discuss!

GameXplain is doing a marvelous job on the analysing part of things, you should sub 'em

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:51:08 AM »
I think pacman is a stretch :lol: but if they decide to go for it I hope they do it like Game & Watch with the 2d sprite. All the other ones I honestly don't know, would be cool to have some more Pokemon, but I don't see it happening.

Offline Asaaj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 04:54:30 AM »
I don't think Pac-Man is too far of a stretch since Namco is co-developing the game. They already added some items from other Namco games and if they were to get a rep. in smashbros I doubht that they'd miss the chance to add their most iconic character Pac-Man. Allthough his implementation will be interesting to see if they actually go for the 2D or 3D representaion of his. I am sure Sakurai would find a way.

If we get more pokemon I think it'll just be Jiggs and that's about it, allthough I wouldn't mind if Mewtwo joined the fray again.

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 05:00:47 AM »
if not pacman 2d style.

Than Heihachi Tekken style!

Offline Asaaj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 05:14:53 AM »
I think Sakurai said somewhere a long time ago, that he won't pick characters in his roster that are already in other fighting games :(

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 09:10:57 AM »
I think Pacman is a stretch in the sense that all he really does is open and close his mouth. I'm sure they kind find some way of switching it up a bit, lïke shooting the dots he eat out if his mouth. But honestly to make it work I think they'd have to use the 3D representation with arms and legs, and I really don't see that being a thing. Just because no one, that I know of, likes that version of him.

And isn't Little Mac from a fighting game? :P

Gotta admit it would be awesome to see someone from Tekken or Soulcalibur. I'd pick Valdo  :jajaja:

I mean, look at him  :a-cheer:

Offline Asaaj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »
Well yeah he is from a fighting game, but it's a nintendo game afterall so I think Sakurai made an exception there, also he was one of those characters people wanted to see in Brawl already so that might've helped, although Sakurai is known to just flatout ignore polls or whatever, and cranking up a fully fledged moveset for him probably inspired Sakurai to add him to the roster.

Pac-Man does have a few moveset options from his 3D games. Granted that I don't really like his 3D form too much either, I'd die to see a Sonic vs. Mario vs. Megaman vs. Pac-Man standoff and the best way to reveal him would probably be at E3.

If he won't make it Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia(?) could have a shot aswell, allthough I am not too keen on swordwielding characters because they usually somewhat play the same.

If they add a character from Tekken it'd obviously have to be Yoshimitsu :D

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
You know who I'd like to see? Who is a great character that is getting a exclusive Wii U game later this year. Bayonetta. I mean, she'd be perfect wouldn't she?, I know you said he wouldn't take characters from fighting games, but seeing as it's being treated as a Nintendo exclusive this time around maybe they'd consider it. I think she'd be a good fit at least.

Offline Asaaj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 09:24:39 AM »
She'd be a good fit indeed but I bet a lot of people would get upset because of two third party characters from the same company, if I recall correctly she's from SEGA right?

DERP.

Well as I said I'd love to see her but I'd also love Pac-Man or Professor Layton. I can't really make up my mind about 3rd party characters

Now the real question is, will they bench Snake?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:28:17 AM by Asaaj »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 10:15:25 AM »
I hope so. He wasn't really that good and I didn't see that many people using him. His moveset was fun, but not really good for actual serious battle, unless you could keep your distance.

Offline Asaaj

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 10:04:35 AM »
Romania confirmed for Sm4sh.

I am ok with the reveals so far, I mean the Mii one was a bit egh, but expectable since it's pretty iconic nowadays. Freaking Palutena and Pac-Man doe  :wub:

A bummer they delayed the 3DS verison to fall, but for people that don't care, it'll prolly not matter, not to me though since I wanna freaking play smash bros ;-;

Also for people being curious, they uploaded the tournament they hosted to youtube, apperently at the moment Sm4sh still feels like a Brawl+ which I hope will change.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK8En6dIdAg

Still hype as fuck though, also the guy who posted the gematsu leak has still yet to be proven wrong, so who knows... Chorus Men? :lol:

Offline Asaaj

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 09:33:01 AM »
Someone wanna have some fun online? PM me ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal