Author Topic: Viper  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Viper
« on: October 31, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »
Unsure if I'm allowed to do this; I figure nobody will request an interview with me (jet stunts get no attention). But, if anyone is curious about the GTA jet stunting side of things, I can answer questions. I have been an important figure in jet stunting since 2006 (in San Andreas and now GTA V). Any questions for me?  :unsure:

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: Viper
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:34:00 AM »
How long did it take to make your V solo? And will the SA jet video ever be released?  :cc_detective:

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 06:10:41 PM »
How long did it take to make your V solo? And will the SA jet video ever be released?  :cc_detective:
I think I landed my first stunt for the video (Horizon) at the end of April to test my recording equipment. I began searching for and landing my stunts at the end of June, and I think I finished everything during the first week of September. Yeah, SS says he's going to work on it soon (heh).

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:23:06 AM »
Yeah, SS says he's going to work on it soon (heh).
(heh)

What is your opinion on V stunting?

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
What is your opinion on V stunting?
V jet stunting is amazing. Feels totally different than San Andreas in a good way. The static camera alone makes it way more immersive and challenging. When I first started flying I had to consciously stop my head from tilting left or right when I rolled my plane (I have now overcome this). It is harder to stunt the jet in V because the physics are more difficult.

However, the V map is complete dogshit for jet stunting. For me to find merely ten stunts for my video that were at least somewhat reminiscent of good San Andreas jet stunting (best so far), I was required to use some really easy and unoriginal stunts. After I got the easy stunts out of the way, I embraced the new stunting fashion V imposes on the jet: extremely slow flying (which isn't exactly the hardest thing to do). But, all I could do was try to make the hardest stuff I could think of with the very limited material I had.

The V map has already been wiped clean for jet stunting. I feel like it's 2012 and I'm looking for original jet stunts in San Andreas. You can't find jack shit. Perhaps the next-gen map and the Hydra will offer some more things, but I don't expect much. I feel like V isn't allowing me to "flex my muscles" very much, you know? SS is definitely going to finish the SA collaboration, he just needs his sweet time (5 years now).

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 11:56:59 AM »
Now that the SA engine is almost dead, you think that is a chance to make a last solo or maybe a hydra collab?

And another question, what about the trio with you Duktape and SS? will be one day released?

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »
Now that the SA engine is almost dead, you think that is a chance to make a last solo or maybe a hydra collab?

And another question, what about the trio with you Duktape and SS? will be one day released?
Well the SA engine actually felt about dead to me around 2009, but I came back to the game in 2012 after a break and found some new inspiration (which will appear in the collaboration). The trio will be released sometime. Right, Paul? :jajaja: I won't be making another SA solo. The stunts I landed for the collab are as far as I can push the SA engine, really. No more spots.

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 07:50:07 AM »
The trio will be released sometime. Right, Paul? :jajaja:

Well... i don't think so, me and a lot of people still waiting for one old stunts collab organized by him, its almost one year and a half i guess :lol:

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »

Well... i don't think so, me and a lot of people still waiting for one old stunts collab organized by him, its almost one year and a half i guess :lol:
Funny thing, is that he showed it to us on skype (screen), it was near the end and looking pretty great. Paul is a lazy bastard

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 11:07:09 AM »

Funny thing, is that he showed it to us on skype (screen), it was near the end and looking pretty great. Paul is a lazy bastard
He works pretty fast though if he has to. Watched him edit my video and it's pretty cool how editors can move like they do O.o

Offline Named

• Precs Incoming
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 06:26:31 AM »

Of course he did the same thing with me, showing the screen via skype, i loved the editing, but the video still unreleased :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal